Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly are you trying to argue with the blocked shots? Most centers aren't getting chasedown blocks in transition. Embiid isn't. Gobert isn't. Are you going to criticize their defense because they wouldn't get a transition chasedown on Iguodala either? The Giannis block on Ayton was spectacular. There are only a handful of guys in the league that could have done that. Anthony Davis, Allen and Mobley, maybe Myles Turner. LeBron in his MVP prime isn't making that block on Ayton. So what's your point? Tayshaun Prince had one of the best chasedown blocks in playoff history. One of the best chasedown blocks of the last couple seasons was Maxi Kleber on Deaaron Fox. Do those blocks mean those players are great? MVP caliber guys? What's your point again?

Btw, Joker has multiple game saving blocks under his belt, including one on a dunk attempt by Zion. And Iast season, old ass Al Horford gave Giannis an armpit face wash so hard, Giannis couldn't get up off the floor. I've seen bumass Kyle Kuzna rub his junk all over Joel Embiid's chin and chest.

Wth is your point about blocked shots anyway?
    I'm just pointing out instances where all-time great players made all-time great defensive plays, because that's what they do. When you award someone 3 MVPs in a row, you are putting them in that category.

LeBron, Giannis, Jokic....one of these things is not like the others....

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope they first knock off the Lakers with Westbrook having a big series then lose the next one.

Clippers 0-4 with Westbrook

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Clippers 0-4 with Westbrook
    Check this sequence:
    Warriors Don’t Even Attempt To Guard Russell Westbrook During Wildly Disrespectful Sequence (msn.com)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nuggets are the only ABA team to never make the NBA Finals. The Spurs are the only ABA team to win the NBA Finals

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cool with anybody but the Warriors winning it all. They are an insufferable bunch and I hate their style of play. They have ruined the league in the sense because they spawned a bunch of copycats. The sooner they lose the sooner the league slowly transitions away from trying to mimic their style of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm cool with anybody but the Warriors winning it all. They are an insufferable bunch and I hate their style of play. They have ruined the league in the sense because they spawned a bunch of copycats. The sooner they lose the sooner the league slowly transitions away from trying to mimic their style of play.
    There is nothing wrong with their style of play, lot of passing, off the ball movement, cutting (ok some illegal screens tho)
    And they didn’t force other teams to copy them

Bur I agree on the insufferable part lol
    Last edited by lefty; 03-29-2023 at 12:52 PM.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    There is nothing wrong with their style of play, lot of passing, off the ball movement, passing
    Amd they didn’t for e other teams to copy them

Exactly. Golden State still has a really great style of play offensively. But it requires the historic shooting talents of Steph and Klay and maybe even Poole, and the unique talent of Draymond as a ballhandler, decisionmaker, passer, and illegal screener. Teams can't really copy it without having that kind of dynamic. But there's nothing unappealing about their style of play.

It's the personalities of their players that is off-putting and annoying. And it's no longer just Draymond. Steph has become a giant shimmying assclown. Klay with his constant "disrespect" shtick has a punchable face. Poole is their younger brother.

I hope they're completely healthy and get bounced in the playoff or first round. That would be entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly. Golden State still has a really great style of play offensively. But it requires the historic shooting talents of Steph and Klay and maybe even Poole, and the unique talent of Draymond as a ballhandler, decisionmaker, passer, and illegal screener. Teams can't really copy it without having that kind of dynamic. But there's nothing unappealing about their style of play.

It's the personalities of their players that is off-putting and annoying. And it's no longer just Draymond. Steph has become a giant shimmying assclown. Klay with his constant "disrespect" shtick has a punchable face. Poole is their younger brother.

I hope they're completely healthy and get bounced in the playoff or first round. That would be entertaining.
    I hope so too

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is nothing wrong with their style of play, lot of passing, off the ball movement, cutting (ok some illegal screens tho)
    Amd they didn’t for e other teams to copy them

You can say I'm biased, but I don't enjoy how they brought the 3-point chuck ball fest into the league that's what I was referring to as a copycat league with the rest of the league trying to copy their style. Yes, you are right they have great passing when it comes to getting open, but I hate the 3-point shot. Don't enjoy seeing how they are able to win a ton of games over the year playing like and are suddenly able to comeback within 5 minutes from a 20–25-point deficit due to Curry and Klay jacking up a bunch of 3's.

I'm realistic though to know that it's never going away but I do think we have reached an extreme peak with 3-point attempts and that when the Warriors are no longer contenders it will go down to a happy medium.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can say I'm biased, but I don't enjoy how they brought the 3-point chuck ball fest into the league that's what I was referring to as a copycat league with the rest of the league trying to copy their style. Yes, you are right they have great passing when it comes to getting open, but I hate the 3-point shot. Don't enjoy seeing how they are able to win a ton of games over the year playing like and are suddenly able to comeback within 5 minutes from a 20–25-point deficit due to Curry and Klay jacking up a bunch of 3's.

I'm realistic though to know that it's never going away but I do think we have reached an extreme peak with 3-point attempts and that when the Warriors are no longer contenders it will go down to a happy medium.
    They don’t chck 3s like let’s say the D’Antoni Rockets
    They shoot in rythm and have all time great 3 pt shooters
    And people act they only shoot 3s, which is weird , it’s like they have never watched a Warriors game

And copycats? not their problem i f other teams can’t identify their own strengths

I can’t stand the Warriors, but they play one of the most beautiful team basketball of all time.
    I would rather watch than ty 90s iso ball
    Last edited by lefty; 03-29-2023 at 12:53 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thry don’t chck 3s like let’s say the D’Antoni Rockets
    They shoot in rythm and have all time great 3 pt shooters
    And people act they only shoot 3s, which is weird , it’s like they have never watched a Warriors game

And copycats? not their problem i f other teams can’t identify their own strengths

I can’t stand the Warriors, but they play one of the most beautiful team basketball of all time.
    I would rather watch than ty 90s iso ball
    Do you lack reading comprehension? I said "Yes, you are right they have great passing when it comes to getting open". The problem is other teams attempt to copy their style and it turns into an ugly 3 point chuckfest. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Nothing is beautiful in watching Draymond and their other bigs set illegal screens to get their shooters a bunch of easy 3's that are not contested. Nothing is beautiful in watching Draymond be allowed to hack and grab along with fouling guys and not getting called for it.

Also, the Warriors do go through stretches I have seen in the past during games where they are down by huge margins and just start chucking up 3's. That's one of the reasons like I said I hate watching them get rewarded winning games when they are down 20 and can just turn to jacking up as many 3's as possible. They are better at it than other teams because they have all-time great shooters. Before you jump the gun, I did not say they play the whole entire game like this, but they have stretches where they do.

Did I ever say copycat teams are their problem? That is a stupid statement you made. I said they have influenced a bunch of poor copycats and it makes the league unwatchable. These teams won't stop being poor copycat versions of the Warriors until the Warriors are officially done. Teams across the league always try to emulate the champions' style of play which in the past wasn't doable because the previous teams that had won les their systems were not easy to replicate. I'm not saying the Warriors is but it's much easier for teams to attempt to be a copycat of them vs running the Bulls Triangle, Lakers Triangle, or the '00 Spurs motion offense and defense. This in return has made the league boring because there is no longer diversity of different playing styles among teams.

You have to be one of the lamest posters with your "90's" troll shtick. I actually like the '00s more than the '90s when it came to basketball. The happy medium I felt for fans who hated Iso ball and defense but wanted more offense and passing was the early 2010's. I think both sides were satisfied during that time and after 2015 it went to the extremes of what I call the 3-point chuck fest and no defense era.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderators please pink.

86 Celts
    2014 Spurs

WarriorRef might be in the top 30.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Moderators please pink.

86 Celts
    2014 Spurs

WarriorRef might be in the top 30.
    I said one of the, not the , lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I said one of the, not the , lol
    Their ball movement is indeed excellent, and better then most
    Todays NBA Kobmes

Celtics 3-2 choke just pathetc. Could have nullified some of the false worship.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Atleast he suits up

The WCF standings are flipped. Does Jokic have better roster around him than Grizzlies?

There is truth that in the big picture Jokic has more accolades than Giannis and yet the later carried a team deep multiple times. This season with the supposed weak Western Conference is make or break for Nikola.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You have a soon to be 3 times in a row MVP winner as the first seed in the west. But "the west is wide open". This does not add up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to finalize a bet outcome i watched a bit of the Warriors - Pelicans game last night.

Golden gots are still my #1 team to wish to see ousted. ASAP.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast he suits up
    at The Processed Meat ducking the matchup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Atleast he suits up

The WCF standings are flipped. Does Jokic have better roster around him than Grizzlies?

There is truth that in the big picture Jokic has more accolades than Giannis and yet the later carried a team deep multiple times. This season with the supposed weak Western Conference is make or break for Nikola.
    When Holiday and Middleton bring their A game, and both are super inconsistent......
    Freak most definitely has a chance.

When they don't, picture Timmy Dunks with Matty Bonner and washed Pet Michael Finley locking down the front court.

So, in what playoffs has Jokic had support the equivalent of A Game J Holiday and Middleton? For that matter when Brook Lopez is on he is very good.
    To this day i think Plumlee threw the end of the game in the ABC / Disney Bubble Bowl. Would have been 1-1.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Golden s still my #1 choice to get exterminated.

2. Durbetta bandwaggon Sons

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Literally the only teams I hate are Lakers and Warriors. Every other team I'm cool with. Bonus points for franchises that never won a ring before.

Thread Information