Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs

Name
    momo
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    Golden State Warriors
    I thought it said super computers. I was thinking "wat".

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    that's what work from home was for, but greedy CEOs decided to undo the biggest benefits of covid because big donors had a screeching fit.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    that's what work from home was for, but greedy CEOs decided to undo the biggest benefits of covid because big donors had a screeching fit.
    This

Had a job with a long commute

Great company, co-workers etc , money and benefits were good , but the nature of my work and the business didn't require me to be there at all and remote working wasn't an option anymore.
    Eventually all those long commutes took a toll on me and I found job that was 5 minutes (walking) from my place; lower salary but I was happier

(that was pre-Covid)

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    I thought it said super computers. I was thinking "wat".
    lol me too

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    This

Had a job with a long commute

Great company, co-workers etc , money and benefits were good , but the nature of my work and the business didn't require me to be there at all and remote working wasn't an option anymore.
    Eventually all those long commutes took a toll on me and I found job that was 5 minutes (walking) from my place; lower salary but I was happier

(that was pre-Covid)
    yeah, that was my favorite thing about living in Manhattan for 2 months and Rosemont illinois for 2 months, the company comped me to live across the street from work for the Chicago job and in the NY job they paid for my flat (apartment unit 3a on 53rd and 2nd) in midtown and it was only about a 20 minute commute... 10 minutes on the subway, and 10 minutes of walking/waiting for the 4 or 5 train

the allure of living in Dallas/Fort Worth and driving 30-60+ minutes to work each way five days per week just doesn't work for me. The drive alone just makes me sleepy by the time I got there at 9am or whenever.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    (apartment unit 3a on 53rd and 2nd) .
    I'm not a fan of NY but 53rd and 2nd is a nice location

A couple of years ago I went to NY for work for just a couple of days, the office was on Park and the hotel (former W hotel) on Lexington , so very close to your flat (probably a 5-7 min walk)

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I'm not a fan of NY but 53rd and 2nd is a nice location

A couple of years ago I went to NY for work for just a couple of days, the office was on Park and the hotel (former W hotel) on Lexington , so very close to your flat (probably a 5-7 min walk)
    yeah I remember lexington, I had 2 subway choices to get to downtown, one was lexington and 59th by bloomingdales 59th st and the other was a few blocks further south near the dollar-a-slice pizza place (I hope bidenflation hasn't forced them to upcharge or go out of business since the last time I was there nearly five years ago).

My flat was literally across the street to the east from the Redemption Bar if you know where that is.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    UCLA Bruins
    yeah I remember lexington, I had 2 subway choices to get to downtown, one was lexington and 59th by bloomingdales 59th st and the other was a few blocks further south near the dollar-a-slice pizza place (I hope bidenflation hasn't forced them to upcharge or go out of business since the last time I was there nearly five years ago).

My flat was literally across the street to the east from the Redemption Bar if you know where that is.
    Not familair with the bar but I know that pizza place, I believe I saw an article about them considering raising their prices because of the inflation

Thread Information