Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    Atlanta Hawks
    Post Count
    JJ brings up race at 3:03, 9:45 and Perkins brings up race at 6:30

There's been 4 white MVP's since 1980...

Larry Bird - 3
    Steve Nash - 2
    Dirk - 1
    Nikola Jokic - 2

Before 1980 there were 4.

Bob Pet - 2
    Bob Cousy - 1
    Dave Cowens - 1
    Bill Walton - 1

In the almost 70 years of the MVP award there have been 8 white winners... #NBA

https://twitter.com/HoAgendas/status...15775652696065

Until the 1979–80 season, the MVP was selected by a vote of NBA players. Since the 1980–81 season, the award is decided by a panel of sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_...e_Player_Award
    Last edited by JohnnyMax; 03-08-2023 at 02:11 AM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Clearly Perk played the race card and accused the voters of being racist.

He's likely been programmed by MSNBC, and sadly, he's probably a disgusting racist himself.

06 is the only questionable MVP choice and that had nothing to do with race and everything to do with Nash and D'Antoni's go against the grain offense that was entertaining the out of everyone. I think Lebron was probably more deserving that year, but it's understandable that voters were mesmerized by the sun's offense.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think NBA is the greatest collection of delusional athletes on Planet Earth today

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think NBA is the greatest collection of delusional athletes on Planet Earth today
    Since its inception

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one claimed Perkins was smart or even somewhat of a critical thinker. The dude is dumb as rocks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perkins is an archaic ( argument consisting of counting stats without context in '23), biased clown, who thinks he can verbally bully people with his gruff demeanor/exterior.

He, along with many inner-city types, can't accept someone who's not exactly like them being at or near the top of the league.

He's been playing this game for a while and I'm glad Re called him out on it instead of beating around the bush.

My Team
    Los Angeles Clippers
    Post Count
    They can't stand to see a chubby european dominate a majority black league, comprised of the best black athletes on earth. It s with their pride and self-esteem. Makes them sick to the core.

Imagine being 1st in the west, averaging a triple-double on ridiculous efficiency, then have some former scrub pull the race card on you on national tv

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that an out of shape guy, that eats bunch of burgers, drinks beer and plays video games most of the time, while other top players workout all the time, has been one of the top 5 players in the league, almost from the get go, must be really hard for some of these guys... Also, why the would anyone even listen to a re like Perkins?

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Perk using the gorilla/neanderthal style of debating; yelling loudly over and over, pausing, and then declaring victory/going 'ooga booga' mode when the guy he's arguing against can't come up with a response within half a second

also, at using 36 year old Jeff Green as an example of "putting pieces" around Jokic

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perk using the gorilla/neanderthal style of debating; yelling loudly over and over, pausing, and then declaring victory/going 'ooga booga' mode when the guy he's arguing against can't come up with a response within half a second

also, at using 36 year old Jeff Green as an example of "putting pieces" around Jokic
    tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fact that an out of shape guy, that eats bunch of burgers, drinks beer and plays video games most of the time, while other top players workout all the time, has been one of the top 5 players in the league, almost from the get go, must be really hard for some of these guys... Also, why the would anyone even listen to a re like Perkins?
    Jokic isn’t the chubby dude he used to ne, he has lost a lot of weight

Or were hou referring to Luka Donutcic?

Smile you sonofabitch Chief Brody's Avatar
    My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

You could see his chimp brain malfunction in real time when the race card didn’t work and he was forced to bring an actual evidenced-based take. Those eyes were darting in all directions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could’ve sworn that Dirk was a top 10 scorer in 07. Also yeah Perk can be really dumb on his takes. The amount of hate that foreign players get among US players is insane. Harden was calling out Giannis too a couple of years ago. The jealousy these guys have is insane.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yep, give it to Jokic

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Perk redeemed himself when he called out Mr. Glass for ducking this matchup, so props for that. Giving it to Embiid would be celebrating the reason why the game has gone to . It’s an insanely talented generation, far greater than any before it…but they simply are too coddled and that is why the product blows.

I’m not pining for the days of Pistons thugball and 90s slogs, but I do miss players actually playing every night and heated rivalries. No fan is going to invest much time in a sport where there is 80% roster turnover every 2 years and stars play maybe 60-65% of the games. Fix that, and the NBA will become exciting again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Perk redeemed himself when he called out Mr. Glass for ducking this matchup, so props for that. Giving it to Embiid would be celebrating the reason why the game has gone to . It’s an insanely talented generation, far greater than any before it…but they simply are too coddled and that is why the product blows.

I’m not pining for the days of Pistons thugball and 90s slogs, but I do miss players actually playing every night and heated rivalries. No fan is going to invest much time in a sport where there is 80% roster turnover every 2 years and stars play maybe 60-65% of the games. Fix that, and the NBA will become exciting again
    yeah talent wise the league today is way better but rivalries are lacking for sure

To he fair, what’s the point of 82 game seasons if we know who the favourites are after a few weeks?
    Some players in the 90s said it was too long

What should the league do?
    Shorten the season - not gonna hapoen

Or force players to play a minimum number of games or they won’t be in all nba teams
    Last edited by lefty; 03-28-2023 at 02:43 PM.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    yeah talent wise the league today is way better but rivalries are lacking for sure

To he fair, what’s the point of 82 game seasons if we know who the favourites are after a few weeks?
    Some players in the 99s said it was too long

Or force players to play a minimum number of games or they won’t be in all nba teams
    I’m all for shortening the season by 17-20 games with more or less the same season timeline to ensure adequate rest days between games. Good luck getting Commissioner Goldblatt and the owners to agree to that, though.

Quickest fix is eliminating guaranteed contracts. No play, no pay

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Quickest fix is eliminating guaranteed contracts. No play, no pay
    It should be the way tbh, unless they are really injured and it's validated by a NBA doc or something; there should be a NBA doc in every city

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Some players in the 90s said it was too long

I would say minimum games for all nba and regular season awards would be a great step. It’s already something that’s kind of done behind the scenes, but it would be nice to make it official.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would say minimum games for all nba and regular season awards would be a great step. It’s already something that’s kind of done behind the scenes, but it would be nice to make it official.
    OH ITS HAPPENING

NBA and NBPA have agreed to a minimum number of games played – 65 games – for players to be eligible to win major individual league awards such as MVP in the new CBA, sources tell
    @TheAthletic

@Stadium
    2:44 AM · Apr 1, 2023
    ·
    11.1M
    Views

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OH ITS HAPPENING

NBA and NBPA have agreed to a minimum number of games played – 65 games – for players to be eligible to win major individual league awards such as MVP in the new CBA, sources tell
    @TheAthletic

@Stadium
    2:44 AM · Apr 1, 2023
    ·
    11.1M
    Views
    Previous season joel embeed played 68 games. It was the first time ever, he played more than 65 games. In comparison, the least amount of games jokic has ever played in a single regular season is 72.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Previous season joel embeed played 68 games. It was the first time ever, he played more than 65 games. In comparison, the least amount of games jokic has ever played in a single regular season is 72.
    Jokic really loves playing basketball tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Jokic really loves playing basketball tbh
    It's just a smokescreen to avoid the Girlfriend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's just a smokescreen to avoid the Girlfriend
    lol

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    kiwi has played 65 games in 4 of 11 seasons

Thread Information