Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    https://thejetpress.com/posts/ny-jet...-rodgers-trade

We appear to be reaching a resolution with the NY Jets' pursuit of Aaron Rodgers, as the Jets and Green Bay Packers have reportedly agreed to terms on a trade for the star quarterback.
    NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reported Thursday afternoon that the two sides have worked through compensation for a trade, and the Jets have determined what they would do with Rodgers' contract.

Essentially, everything with the transaction has been agreed to. The only remaining step is Rodgers approving the deal.
    This is a significant development in this situation, as it means the Jets can essentially make the trade official as soon as Rodgers (hopefully) gives the okay. Until then, however, both sides remain in a holding pattern.

The Jets and Packers had discussions about a potential trade prior to this week, but those discussions ramped up following Rodgers' visit with the Jets on Tuesday.
    The Jets did their best to wine-and-dine the future Hall of Fame quarterback with the goal of convincing him to not only come to Florham Park but simply not retire, in the first place.

It's unclear exactly what Rodgers wants and what his timeframe is, although the expectation is that he will make a decision prior to the start of the legal-tampering period of free agency on Monday. From the Jets' perspective, they pretty much need him to.
    The Jets need to know by early next week what their plan is for the quarterback position. If Rodgers says no, they could pivot to someone like Jimmy Garoppolo in free agency, although the former San Francisco 49ers QB is expected to have a robust market.
    This isn't a significant update in the sense that we have more information about what Rodgers is going to do — we likely won't know until he announces it himself.

*** The deal is not finalized as of March 10th because Rodgers has a No Trade Clause that he needs to officially waive in order to finalize the deal and relocate to the Jets. ***

Anything other then 1 year and it's a stupid move by Jets.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Anything other then 1 year and it's a stupid move by Jets.
    Thielen just got cut by the Vikings. Yeah they still have Jefferson but that was a bad move to cap casualty your reliable possession receiver when your QB is Kirk Cousins.

I think it's hilarious but extremely possible and plausible that Rodgers goes the exact same career route as Daddy Favre. ..... think about it.

The Jets get Rodgers for 2023, instantly improve drastically on offense.... but still find a way to finish third in the division with 9 wins, miss the playoffs because they're the Jets (Robert Saleh who was never qualified to begin with gets the axe), and Rodgers wants out after one year.

The Vikings meanwhile take a BIG step back as their 13-3 record was sheer luck more than anything else in 2022 and that kind of success in field goal score games isn't sustainable long term. Cousins takes a big step back without Thielen and teams zeroing in more on Jefferson in 2023. The Vikings also finish with around 9 wins in 2023 despite improvements on their defense and they miss the playoffs in 2023; the Lions win the division (), and the Vikings leadership gets fed up with Cousins always checking the ball down to Hockenson for a 5 yard gain on 3rd and long and decide that they're a quarterback away, and decide to go all-in by bringing in Rodgers.

It just makes too much ing sense not to happen.

We've got a job to do. Darth_Pelican's Avatar
    My Team
    New Orleans Saints
    Post Count
    Aaron Rodgers is being traded to the New York Jets, sources tell ESPN.

Trade compensation:

Jets get:
    Pick No. 15, Rodgers and a 2023 5th-round pick (No. 170).

Packers get:
    Pick No. 13, a 2023 2nd-round pick (No. 42), a 6th-round pick (No. 207), a conditional 2024 second-round pick that becomes a first if Rodgers plays 65 percent of plays.

but but but Lamar Jackson can't be signed.

I think this blows up in Jets face but more power to them if Fraudgers surprises.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    but but but Lamar Jackson can't be signed.

I think this blows up in Jets face but more power to them if Fraudgers surprises.
    He just became the highest paid player in the history of sports without an agent, dingus.

CROFL Agents / Jews

I hope more players go agentless like Jackson and Richard Sherman, tbh.

Thread Information