Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s easy to fall in love in the beginning. Bassey came back to Earth, for example. But still, those skills are great and he seems to have a very high BBIQ which this young team desperately needs. Not to be too dramatic, but he’s easily the best passer on the team, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s easy to fall in love in the beginning. Bassey came back to Earth, for example. But still, those skills are great and he seems to have a very high BBIQ which this young team desperately needs. Not to be too dramatic, but he’s easily the best passer on the team, right?
    To be sure. I still think highly of Bassey, however. They cranked him back and are preparing him to not just play instinctively but within the system, not fouling, etc.

Mamu isn't the savior, but we're all excited about how skilled he is. Rare to find a player that fun to watch and a gamer and we're used to getting Metu types who just don't do much. One thing that strikes me about Vili, though, is that he's already in the moment, not having to rise to it. Branham looked scared down the stretch. Nothing against him, he's learning, but our newest guy doesn't seem rattled. That's pretty cool.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting he likes Kukoc growing up. It explains how he moves like a guard and shoots from outside to stretch the floor. He understands where he can contribute to the team. A European player who has solid skill sets and witty personality (like Manu ). Already I’m a fan of this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We're not sure yet how good Mamu can be on that side. Controlling bulky and talented centers will be an issue.
    That's what? Jokic and Embiid? It's a handful of games a year. You can plan around that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God damn this mf'er can pass

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember another player who came to the Spurs and made a tremendous first impression on his first game shooting. I think Trey Lyles hit 6 3pts and never approached that apex of his career again. Moral: Don't fall in love with a one night stand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember another player who came to the Spurs and made a tremendous first impression on his first game shooting. I think Trey Lyles hit 6 3pts and never approached that apex of his career again. Moral: Don't fall in love with a one night stand.

its the name

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I loved Sandro's effort level last night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Theyll be plenty of bigs in fa for spurs to look at

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nothing else he can help the others learn how to play a pass oriented offense while he’s out there. That’s actually important. Less isolation. Etc.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If nothing else he can help the others learn how to play a pass oriented offense while he’s out there. That’s actually important. Less isolation. Etc.

spurs love dem passing bigs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why did the Bucks release him?

I will say I like the signing and even Roby before him.
    The Spurs have had a good track record of finding role players cast off by others. Sure they miss on a lot, but that's expected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    spurs got their starting centre and backup on dirt cheap contracts

is there really a need for wemba?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why did the Bucks release him?

I will say I like the signing and even Roby before him.
    The Spurs have had a good track record of finding role players cast off by others. Sure they miss on a lot, but that's expected.
    The Bucks are in for a deep run in the playoffs and wanted, I believe, to shore up their guard rotation, so needed the slot. Mamukaleshvili was stuck behind a lot of other players among their bigs.

I feel like the Spurs would have happily retained Roby for the rest of the season but this opportunity popped up.

And there's suggestion Pop/Bud/Sandro's agent might have coordinated this, i.e. he was released in the knowledge that the Spurs wanted him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only an idiot would believe bud didnt call pop

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    it was austin daye not lyles........

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

HOF here we come

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How soon before taking over Rodman’s?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll always remember where I was when it happened

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not have the rim protection to be the 3rd big in MIL. Fun development big man though. Good locker room guy, keeps the offense flowing. Just no more Mamu and Keldon frontcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does not have the rim protection to be the 3rd big in MIL. Fun development big man though. Good locker room guy, keeps the offense flowing. Just no more Mamu and Keldon frontcourt.
    If played C, he needs to get paired with Barlow who can help chase blocks. Because Mamu is a little slow keeping with faster PF’s but no rim protection against post Centers. But I like that he can rimrun and can facilitate from the top key. We know Pop is a sucker for a passing big

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If played C, he needs to get paired with Barlow who can help chase blocks. Because Mamu is a little slow keeping with faster PF’s but no rim protection against post Centers. But I like that he can rimrun and can facilitate from the top key. We know Pop is a sucker for a passing big
    Yup, he's a situational big (which is good value). Pair him with an agile shot blocking defensive minded 4 with length and he makes an Interesting prospect.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, he was a second round pick and end of the bench guy in Milwaukee for a reason. Obviously, the Spurs aren't in " le or bust" mode, so giving a bigger chance/longer leash here makes sense.

I'm just shocked that if this kid had these skills why coach Bud didn't use him more in Milwaukee. I'm sure he vouched for the Spurs picking him up off waivers, though.

Thread Information