Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    True, he was a second round pick and end of the bench guy in Milwaukee for a reason. Obviously, the Spurs aren't in " le or bust" mode, so giving a bigger chance/longer leash here makes sense.

I'm just shocked that if this kid had these skills why coach Bud didn't use him more in Milwaukee. I'm sure he vouched for the Spurs picking him up off waivers, though.
    Contenders need tight defense. He wouldn't provide that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what sets him apart from the average 3-point shooting big are his passing skills. They seem to be a elite. He also got a good motor when running the floor. There's a chance he can become a valuable role player off the bench

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Big Mamu was the hardest working Spur against the Grizzlies. That's an at ude that can rub off on the rest of the young guys and bring their intensity up a notch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, there's definitely an NBA player here. What he lacks in lateral quickness and shotblocking, he does so much else well. He's in the right spot in San Antonio to develop -- we value his connector skills and need a floor spacer. His hustle and at ude seem to be top notch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My newest favorite random Spurs skill that impacts games but is never counted:

1. Danny Green had this ridiculous percentage of blowing up fast breaks as the sole defender.
    2. Tim Duncan won an unusually high amount of opening tips.

3. Sandro Mamukalashvili taps out like 3-4 rebounds a game the team otherwise couldn't handle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My newest favorite random Spurs skill that impacts games but is never counted:

1. Danny Green had this ridiculous percentage of blowing up fast breaks as the sole defender.
    2. Tim Duncan won an unusually high amount of opening tips.

3. Sandro Mamukalashvili taps out like 3-4 rebounds a game the team otherwise couldn't handle.
    He does. Does he have Kevin Willis hands? I swear he could tap rebounds by sheer motor and not giving up, but couldn’t grab them so just taps it to a vicinity of a teammate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was thinking more Fabricio Oberto

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more we see of him, the more we see skills that the Spurs can use: Motor, physicality, 3pt big, rebounder, good passer and good BB IQ. I think he is proving to be a steal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He does. Does he have Kevin Willis hands? I swear he could tap rebounds by sheer motor and not giving up, but couldn’t grab them so just taps it to a vicinity of a teammate.
    I don't think it's hands at all. These are rebounds that are highly contested and the other team almost has them -- he just pops them out to his teammates through the forest of hands instead. It's really not something you see guys do enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely beats reggie fckn roby. Or whatever his name was

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What's not to love about this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very likable guy. As Sean saud, he’s a keeper.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You sunova im in

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With this guy we got:

- an instant crowd favorite who has
    - two superior skills for a big man (shooting, passing) and
    - whose downsides (defense, quickness) may not be that horrible and
    - who has a strong understanding of the game and
    - who hustles his butt off and
    - is hungry to prove himself and
    - is a really cool dude and well-liked

all for the low, low price of one (1) Isaiah Roby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I see you all like him but then it would be nice to spell and write his name properly, even the thread le is wrong ^^

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby/mamu/sochan......dare i dream

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he cant protect the rim worth a and isnt quick enough on his feet to defend most modern 4's, but he's obviously talented enough to hang around even if it ends up being in a very niche role like bonbon did for a while

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he cant protect the rim worth a and isnt quick enough on his feet to defend most modern 4's, but he's obviously talented enough to hang around even if it ends up being in a very niche role like bonbon did for a while
    I love his energy and enthusiasm, but in addition to the above, he's a pretty average to maybe below average finisher.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I love his energy and enthusiasm, but in addition to the above, he's a pretty average to maybe below average finisher.
    He has no right hand, the problem is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very small sample size to compare his Spurs games (9) vs. Bucks games (65) but he is tripling his previous numbers on points, rebounds, etc. He is also getting twice the number of on-court minutes which probably means he is not playing only in garbage time. (Or you could argue that all minutes of Spurs games are likely to be garbage time). So are his improved stats just an anomaly of the small number of games played or does the improvement mean that he is finally getting to be more comfortable with his skills due to the increased playing time. ???

One thing that is objectively observable about his play is that he is very energetic at both ends of the court with some willingness to bang under the basket. Put that at ude along with some skills and good BB IQ, I think the coaching staff is going to be appreciative of what he can do and give him even more minutes. Of course, he comes along at a great time for him since Bassey is out for the rest of the season and the rookie Barlow is still taking rookie steps forward. Clearly, Big Mamu is the #2 center in the rotation now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very small sample size to compare his Spurs games (9) vs. Bucks games (65) but he is tripling his previous numbers on points, rebounds, etc. He is also getting twice the number of on-court minutes which probably means he is not playing only in garbage time. (Or you could argue that all minutes of Spurs games are likely to be garbage time). So are his improved stats just an anomaly of the small number of games played or does the improvement mean that he is finally getting to be more comfortable with his skills due to the increased playing time. ???

One thing that is objectively observable about his play is that he is very energetic at both ends of the court with some willingness to bang under the basket. Put that at ude along with some skills and good BB IQ, I think the coaching staff is going to be appreciative of what he can do and give him even more minutes. Of course, he comes along at a great time for him since Bassey is out for the rest of the season and the rookie Barlow is still taking rookie steps forward. Clearly, Big Mamu is the #2 center in the rotation now.
    if you discount the fact that this entire season is garbage time, yeah

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Definitely like the guy. Since he’s already very skilled, arguably there might be less room for huge improvement, especially with below average raw athleticism. But he should get tons of minutes with Bassey out and hopefully find improvement through more reps if nothing else.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's kinda Bonner with skills.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup he seems to miss on those finger rolls. I think he gets better. He seems hurried sometimes, and has to slow his game a bit. It comes in time.

Opening minutes of last night’s game, he was really great, the way he rolls to the basket, sucks the defense with him and creates open shots as a result. He sees plays developing reminiscent of Bobo, Manu and even Jokic. I know it’s too much too soon, but that’s my initial view of him. High bball iq

Thread Information