Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at a lot of the guys the Spurs picked Mamu/Barlow up one thing stands out they always mention two things - Hard Worker, and a Great Teammate in there previous scouting reports. It will be interesting to see what the Spurs do next season and how will these two fit in playing with Sochan.

You make an interesting point in having Sochan play the SF I was wondering if they would want him to add muscle or get lean to play a little more SF. One thing for sure I think it will be fun to watch Sochan and Mamu play together the passing and just the basketball IQ will be nice to watch. I think when we need more offense and play making will go with Mamu and when we need a tougher defender will go with Barlow - either way looking forward to next season

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You make an interesting point in having Sochan play the SF I was wondering if they would want him to add muscle or get lean to play a little more SF.
    It's all moot unless he can shoot it straight.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it depends on who is playing alongside him for it to be moot, right? He can guard multiple positions. Shooting from outside is obviously the goal to work on, but if he was surrounded by shooters I could see that working well.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all moot unless he can shoot it straight.

think he's young enough that we can have some patience,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where does Mamu fit into the lineup moving forward

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    probably starts ahead of Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In the rotation off the bench. He does some of the stuff Sochan does, so the offensive structure can remain kind of freewheeling out of the PF spot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu was being overrated by a lot of fans, but back up PF does still need minutes. I don't know if he's going to win any minutes at center, but it would help his case if he could.

Branham, Graham, Wesley
    Johnson, Champ
    Sochan, McDermott
    Wemby, Mamu, Barlow
    Collins, Bassey, Birch

I might be forgetting someone (and there will be second-round picks and vets added in to the mix), but this chart suggests Mamu is competing against Barlow, Bassey, Champ and Wesley for minutes. He has a chance at minutes for sure, but other guys are younger and could improve past him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good fit can play anywhere in the frontcourt either off the bench or as starter. could easily see him starting alot of games at center if they decide to trade collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu was being overrated by a lot of fans, but back up PF does still need minutes. I don't know if he's going to win any minutes at center, but it would help his case if he could.

Branham, Graham, Wesley
    Johnson, Champ
    Sochan, McDermott
    Wemby, Mamu, Barlow
    Collins, Bassey, Birch

I might be forgetting someone (and there will be second-round picks and vets added in to the mix), but this chart suggests Mamu is competing against Barlow, Bassey, Champ and Wesley for minutes. He has a chance at minutes for sure, but other guys are younger and could improve past him.
    thats if you really buy sochan at the 3. but with wembanyama on board, positional definitions become extremely vague anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Branham, Graham, Wesley
    Johnson, Champ
    Sochan, McDermott
    Wemby, Mamu, Barlow
    Collins, Bassey, Birch

Vassell? Tre?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good fit can play anywhere in the frontcourt either off the bench or as starter. could easily see him starting alot of games at center if they decide to trade collins.
    They won't trade Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They won't trade Collins.
    a position thats easily replaceable with the amount of picks spurs have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I forgot Jones on purpose, and his situation is pretty fluid. I didn't forget Vassell on purpose but could see him being the sixth man even though he's one of the best players on the team. Slot him in before Champ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Branham, Graham, Wesley
    Johnson, Champ
    Sochan, McDermott
    Wemby, Mamu, Barlow
    Collins, Bassey, Birch

Birch is suffering from chronic knee chondromalacia. He's had surgery, and isn't recovering as Toronto had hoped. There is some thought that we acquired him to get an insurance settlement. I wouldn't even use pencil to write him into any hypothetical or imaginary lineup for next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu is a good 3rd stringer. Sign him up for cheap

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Birch is suffering from chronic knee chondromalacia. He's had surgery, and isn't recovering as Toronto had hoped. There is some thought that we acquired him to get an insurance settlement. I wouldn't even use pencil to write him into any hypothetical or imaginary lineup for next year.
    The question is if the Spurs will cut him or wait out a medical release. If he's on the roster, he counts as one of the 15/18. O agree he's not likely to be part of the rotation at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mamu but he needs to work on his finishing at the rim. He needs to attack the rim with gusto, ala Ewwbanks. Already Mamu has a lot of upsides in ballhandling, passing, rebound and outside shooting, plus motor. He is not a good shotblocker like Barlow, but he is pretty agile defender around perimeter.

I think he’s 7-8th guy from bench. He can play either PF/C depending on match-ups

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to work on his weak hand. That‘s why his finishing ain‘t that good, he‘s not ambidextrous

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to work on his weak hand. That‘s why his finishing ain‘t that good, he‘s not ambidextrous
    Those lay-ups seemed hurried. He’s a big body and doesn’t seem to shy on contacts. But damn it, just dunk it!

That’s why I think he’s like Kevin Willis. Remember the rumor that he has small hands and sometimes fumble a pass??

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamu for dunk contest next season

Stories • Instagram

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do not understand people thinking that Sochan is not starting or is a major part of our rebuild if you think Wemby is a PF then Sochan can be a SF or C

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really hoping Mamu would receive an offer from the Spurs today.

Assuming that's not happening, does that mean his Spurs days are done? Or is there a path where they still might have a slot for him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was really hoping Mamu would receive an offer from the Spurs today.

Assuming that's not happening, does that mean his Spurs days are done? Or is there a path where they still might have a slot for him?
    the QO on mamu is like 2 mil. pretty big statement if they dont offer even that

Thread Information