Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sandro was instrumental in cementing a win over the best team in the league with 11pts, 4 rebounds, 2 assists in 12 mins of play.

Post here in tribute to our favorite Georgian player.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 03-10-2023 at 11:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Mamuuuuuuu!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Small sample size obv but guy looks like he’s got some game. Me likey so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs may end up resigning him after all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ With that nickname and style of play, I don’t doubt it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like when how reads the defense and start facilitating, either shooting outside, taking it to the rim and pass to an open guy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very skilled kid.

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Because of him, we’re gonna get a ring or two instead of our guy Wemby. I’m not happy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah. Because of him, we’re gonna get a ring or two instead of our guy Wemby. I’m not happy.

wemby doesnt want none of mamu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly unlikely that we get Wemby regardless bud. Just enjoy the suck.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why go for Wemby when you can build around Mamu

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Years from now, when this thread is on its thirtieth page and the Spurs are defending a Mamu-lead three-peat, we will all be wondering who this Wemby creature is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Extend this Man.

He is everything we hoped Lauvergne or Lyles could be for this team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hope he keeps playing well. If they can keep him on another Hinkie special deal then a center rotation of Collins, Bassey and Mamu for less than 10% of the cap would be good for the roster construction going forward, with or without Wembanyama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Highly unlikely that we get Wemby regardless bud. Just enjoy the suck.
    all 3 bottom dwellers have same 14% chance

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wonder if Mamu can shut up the sengun sickos.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More cerebral type players like this guy, less athletic-only types like Roby please

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting how Pop allowed Mamu to close the game and he delivered. I know it’s a cliche, but Mamu has guard skills, he reads the defense, then decides to either shoot, take it to the rim or pass to an open man. I think he’s fast becoming a fan favorite

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More cerebral type players like this guy, less athletic-only types like Roby please
    You need a mix, but I agree that heady players like this make all the difference.

The biggest case in point is Boris. We don’t win in 2014 without him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be too good to be true. The guy is skilled, already 23 but has yet to get a real NBA contract. Bucks heavy at PF/C position and Coach Bud doing Spurs solid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Post here in tribute to our favorite Georgian player.
    He'd have to win MVP to redeem Georgia for delivering us Zaza Pachulia.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most players, their upside is somewhat related to their ability to "play down" a position. A guy with a given physical profile is going to have more utility if they can play at a high level against smaller positions. You can see that when talking about Sochan potentially playing on the perimeter rather than as a big. For Mamukalashvili, I think it's the opposite. He'd have way more upside if he can hang defensively as a center rather than as a PF. He has nice skills and is agile, but compared to other PFs, he's not particularly special. Like Sochan plays the same position but is way more dynamic in everything but shooting. But if Mamu can shoot and especially drive against closeouts coming from centers, he has a chance to wreak havoc on opposing defenses. He can be a huge plus for an offense as a five. But that's only a plus if he can hold his own there defensively. I don't think he looked particularly out of place last night, which is good considering he was playing against Jokic. He didn't stop Nikola at all, but no center the team had did. He avoided horrible fouls and didn't contribute to Jokic finding a bunch of open guys due to him collapsing at the point of attack.

We'll have to see how he does against normal centers to know if that's a position he can play, even if only part time. I think a lot of his limitations take a back seat if he's able to hold his own in the post, protect the paint and get boards. If he can't, he's probably much closer to where Roby is than we'd like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For most players, their upside is somewhat related to their ability to "play down" a position. A guy with a given physical profile is going to have more utility if they can play at a high level against smaller positions. You can see that when talking about Sochan potentially playing on the perimeter rather than as a big. For Mamukalashvili, I think it's the opposite. He'd have way more upside if he can hang defensively as a center rather than as a PF. He has nice skills and is agile, but compared to other PFs, he's not particularly special. Like Sochan plays the same position but is way more dynamic in everything but shooting. But if Mamu can shoot and especially drive against closeouts coming from centers, he has a chance to wreak havoc on opposing defenses. He can be a huge plus for an offense as a five. But that's only a plus if he can hold his own there defensively. I don't think he looked particularly out of place last night, which is good considering he was playing against Jokic. He didn't stop Nikola at all, but no center the team had did. He avoided horrible fouls and didn't contribute to Jokic finding a bunch of open guys due to him collapsing at the point of attack.

We'll have to see how he does against normal centers to know if that's a position he can play, even if only part time. I think a lot of his limitations take a back seat if he's able to hold his own in the post, protect the paint and get boards. If he can't, he's probably much closer to where Roby is than we'd like.
    Sandro feels more like a PF/C while Sochan is more of a SF/PF, at least in terms of movement and what they want to do with the ball. Somewhat strange, because Mamukalishvili is a much better shooter from deep. He combines what Pop wanted from Poeltl and Collins. He facilitates from the high post, picking out cutters and being able to move the ball around to the perimeter. Sochan's facilitation at this point is still more opportunistic and comes off of drives.

The question is defense, as you say. Neither is much of a shotblocker. Sochan has had issues gathering rebounds. We're not sure yet how good Mamu can be on that side. Controlling bulky and talented centers will be an issue.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information