Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    These are your words PG. You do this time and time again. Why keep acting like you're not projecting?

I never said I have anything figured out let alone as a teen.

What the fk is wrong with you?
    Then quit saying kids are stupid because schools made them that way.
    Yes, you basically said this.
    Your doom and gloom for the young people coming out of HS who have much to offer is ridiculous.
    HOUSTON ISD is a very poor school district. Its very difficult to teach a group who starts out WAY behind in so many ways.
    If you are saying poor people in the US have less of a chance in school I totally agree with you.
    But thats not what you said. You made a stupid blanket statement.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott's political appointees will have the professionalism and know how to improve educational outcomes in Harris County. Just watch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They're gonna fix disparate outcomes too. Because they care a lot about that, and they know how to fix it.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Abbott's political appointees will have the professionalism and know how to improve educational outcomes in Harris County. Just watch.
    yep, it will be a disaster, politicized lesson plans, firing of longtime best teachers, defunding schools.

taking over HISD is also intimidation of all the Dem TX cities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love to see Abbott's TEA officials go in and teach in those Houston schools.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love to see Abbott's TEA officials go in and teach in those Houston schools.
    They need to install their confederate war hero collectible action figure statues

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They need to install their confederate war hero collectible action figure statues
    Or maybe re enact slavery as a way of promoting a better understanding of the largest war on US soil.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe re enact slavery as a way of promoting a better understanding of the largest war on US soil.
    And explain how the slaves were better off than when they were freed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest one is still there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You dont even know me.
    Ain't that rich coming from you who assumes everything under the sun about me.

Then quit saying kids are stupid because schools made them that way.
    Yes, you basically said this.
    Your doom and gloom for the young people coming out of HS who have much to offer is ridiculous.
    HOUSTON ISD is a very poor school district. Its very difficult to teach a group who starts out WAY behind in so many ways.
    If you are saying poor people in the US have less of a chance in school I totally agree with you.
    But thats not what you said. You made a stupid blanket statement.
    Kids are stupid these days and it has nothing to do with their "book smarts". What aren't you comprehending here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Harris County isn't the worst school district, far from it.

GOP is mad that Dems control everything else there

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    State preemption is about reversing elections in Texas cities.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    PragerU is unaccredited and unaffiliated, academically speaking. It's also politically biased.

For those reasons, it could be a great set piece for teaching about bias and critical thinking.

PragerU, the video’s creator, describes itself as “the world’s leading conservative nonprofit that is focused on changing minds through the creative use of digital media.” It has published content on the supposed dangers of gender-affirming care and how slavery may have benefitted Black people. Despite the name, it is not a university.

The video was included in PowerPoint slides created by HISD for a course called the “Art of Thinking,” a feature of Superintendent Mike Miles’ new program for 85 schools. The lesson plans, obtained by the Houston Landing, means the video likely reached students at the 73 overhauled elementary and middle schools.

HISD will discontinue the use of PragerU content going forward, Chief Communication Officer Leila Walsh said Tuesday in response to questions from the Landing. The district had included the video with the intent of helping students assess the reliability of information and recognize hidden biases, using examples they may encounter in the real world, she said.

“The lesson was designed to help students think critically about the accuracy and subjectivity of information. After speaking with the curriculum team, they have decided to no longer use PragerU video content,” Walsh wrote in an email.
    https://houstonlanding.org/conservat...n-isd-classes/

Thread Information