My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos for sticking with these, timvp. Your true reward is in heaven.

I like Barlow and Charmpagnie. There are things to work with here. Barlow still feels raw, but he keeps his head in there, doesn't get down, and flashes skills and instincts. Champaignie is more than a spot-up shooter. He uses his length on defense and also has a pretty good toolkit other than just jacking it from distance.

Wesley seems to concentrate so much on not getting blocked he winds up banging the shot off the backboard. No idea if he can figure that out. A summer of just working on this can help. He's a good outside shooter; inside he's a mess.

EDIT: I just saw that Champagnie only turns 22 this summer and this is only his rookie season. I thought he was older. Also, his steal percentage his last year in college was 3.1%. I'm keeping my eye on this adv. stat after reading how highly it can correlate to success at the next level. Of course JC is just a deep bench guy, but it suggests there is a lot of room to improve. We saw with Bassey that Philadelphia was incapable of developing these young players.
    Last edited by Mr. Body; 03-25-2023 at 01:40 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kudos for sticking with these, timvp. Your true reward is in heaven.

I like Barlow and Charmpagnie. There are things to work with here. Barlow still feels raw, but he keeps his head in there, doesn't get down, and flashes skills and instincts. Champaignie is more than a spot-up shooter. He uses his length on defense and also has a pretty good toolkit other than just jacking it from distance.

Wesley seems to concentrate so much on not getting blocked he winds up banging the shot off the backboard. No idea if he can figure that out. A summer of just working on this can help. He's a good outside shooter; inside he's a mess.

EDIT: I just saw that Champagnie only turns 22 this summer and this is only his rookie season. I thought he was older. Also, his steal percentage his last year in college was 3.1%. I'm keeping my eye on this adv. stat after reading how highly it can correlate to success at the next level. Of course JC is just a deep bench guy, but it suggests there is a lot of room to improve. We saw with Bassey that Philadelphia was incapable of developing these young players.
    Champagnie is a pleasant surprise. I was su ious that he would be just a volume shooter, but he’s proven me wrong. The kid plays hard. On top of his sweet strokes, he can rebound and works hard on defense. He is not the best defender, but you can see his efforts and hopefully he gets better because of that. And at times shown athleticism going to the basket. I think Langford’s inconsistencies will be Champagnie’s gain going in the next season. I like Langford’s defensive promise, but that’s just it. It remains potential.

Wesley will be okay. He’s fearless going in and should be his motivation to just get better. He needs to get NBA strong and another off-season of weight lifting should help. I can’t wait for the finish product. Wesley will be a stud.

Barlow, I like him. He’s long and athletic and seems to have his head in the game. He is mobile and fast on his feet. He needs to shoot the 3’s better and he should be a good stretch 4 with athleticism who can chase blocks. I think he’s a mobile PF/C. Good character.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Saw a lot of promise and we got the L for Lottery!

Thread Information