Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Portland fo is tanking. Have a bunch of guys out today again.

So the Spurs will probably get a win when they play the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Smart ejected

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just saw the Red McCombs homage vid with DRob, Pop, Gervin and RC... Chills.
    Should have done one with the January 6th rioters paying homage to McCombs for creating a right wing propaganda news empire.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derrick White out here turning Spurs buttholes into penis hats. Mercy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, but you’re tanking for a 1/7 chance at what? When there’s a generational talent,you know it a year out. There isn’t one, so why?
    The team doesn't have to tank to have a terrible record. Not saying they'll finish the season with ~22 wins like this team probably will but 35 wins seems a stretch with this roster unless they hit a home run in the draft. They didn't even hit that last year with Murray and Poetl here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just keep sitting vassell and sochan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last 3 losses by 34,36, and 44. Somebody tell the team each game is only worth one loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last 3 losses by 34,36, and 44. Somebody tell the team each game is only worth one loss
    There was a 12 pointer sandwiched in there, but that’s kind of what consistently sitting 3 starters will lead to.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly my Horns get the L (absolutely hosed against Miami), but so do the Spurs. Looks like we just about have 3rd place on lock here. Would love to get that second place spot from Houston if possible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So today puts the magic number at 2?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Was 4, we lose and CHA wins. I think they know they have no shot at 3 and have already cliched 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sadly my Horns get the L (absolutely hosed against Miami), but so do the Spurs. Looks like we just about have 3rd place on lock here. Would love to get that second place spot from Houston if possible.
    Was rooting for UT. I’m a UH fan so Miami winning it all is a saving grace. Hard to believe the four teams are from the farthest reaches of the empire - SoFla, Sad Diego and New England.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There was a 12 pointer sandwiched in there, but that’s kind of what consistently sitting 3 starters will lead to.
    Sochan and Johnson really that big of a factor I guess. Although the box said Tatum didn’t play. I’ve never seen us get beat by 44 points. That’s gotta be a franchise record

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No sochan/kj= no chance

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan and Johnson really that big of a factor I guess. Although the box said Tatum didn’t play. I’ve never seen us get beat by 44 points. That’s gotta be a franchise record
    It's the worst loss of the Pop era and tied for 3rd worst in Spurs history.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the worst loss of the Pop era and tied for 3rd worst in Spurs history.
    Pop can beat the All Time Spurs Losing season record, the year of his most important and impactful season that being 1996-7.
    20-62.

Would need to run the table.

Would a tie be decided by a coin flip?

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was rooting for UT. I’m a UH fan so Miami winning it all is a saving grace. Hard to believe the four teams are from the farthest reaches of the empire - SoFla, Sad Diego and New England.
    Atypical Final Four indeed. Just damn pissed at the blatant lopsided officiating today against the Horns (30-15 ft advantage for Miami) as well as a huge key late foul that should've went against Miami (called over the back I believe) but instead was called on Texas and gave the free throws to Miami to all but win the game. Refs saw an opening and didn't think twice. Don't get me wrong, Texas also was effing up, but a clear path was given for the refs to screw em'. Rigged games absolutely disgust me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. Was 4, we lose and CHA wins. I think they know they have no shot at 3 and have already cliched 4.
    This has already probably been answered, but if we end up tied with any team at the end of the season, draft position goes to a coin flip right? No crazy playoff tie-breaker scenarios or anything?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This has already probably been answered, but if we end up tied with any team at the end of the season, draft position goes to a coin flip right? No crazy playoff tie-breaker scenarios or anything?
    you are correct. Would be decided by a coin flip.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Always a coin flip. Tanking is hard enough to head off without losing more to get a tie breaker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should just call off the tank for these last few games and let’s see how the boys do. Third place is secure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needed to be Spurs +46.

What a ing joke. Think we're getting closer by the second of locking in the all time worst defensive rating and PPG allowed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop should just call off the tank for these last few games and let’s see how the boys do. Third place is secure.
    The minute that it's mathematically secure, I agree with you 100%. Release the hounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should have done one with the January 6th rioters paying homage to McCombs for creating a right wing propaganda news empire.
    Gonna be honest, as a non american I was not familiar with all that, but understand your point then... Just seeing DRob, RC, Pop and Gerving covering the guy with praise kinda did it for me... A bit surprised retrospectively (specially Pop) tbh if the guy was that of a villain.. I guess he did a few things well for the spurs, right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gonna be honest, as a non american I was not familiar with all that, but understand your point then... Just seeing DRob, RC, Pop and Gerving covering the guy with praise kinda did it for me... A bit surprised retrospectively (specially Pop) tbh if the guy was that of a villain.. I guess he did a few things well for the spurs, right?
    He helped bring the team here from Dallas. Then when he bought the team from Angelo Drossos he was a horrible owner who was super cheap, doing like letting Rod Strickland walk for nothing to be replaced by scrub ass Vinny Del Negro because Del Negro was cheap, passing on trading for Barkley because he didn't want to pay him, and almost trading David Robinson to the Knicks for Patrick Ewing, presumably so Ewing would walk in free agency and save him even more money. But the real bag thing he did was co-found Clear Channel, which is this horrible right wing radio network that broadcasts or has broadcasted trash like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and so on nationwide and basically ruined news in this country. Clear Channel has radicalized so many good people with their never ending emotional crap and outrages of the day that you'd hear Glen Beck about in the morning then Rush Limbaugh would beat the exact same point to death at lunch only for Hannity to come beat the exact same drum about the exact same rightwing outrage of the day in the afternoon so you get the same right wing propaganda on the same topic the entire work day if you turned on their station. Red McCombs.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-27-2023 at 12:52 PM.

Thread Information