Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    God bless Timvp if he does grades for that fiasco.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He helped bring the team here from Dallas. Then when he bought the team from Angelo Drossos he was a horrible owner who was super cheap, doing like letting Rod Strickland walk for nothing to be replaced by scrub ass Vinny Del Negro because Del Negro was cheap, passing on trading for Barkley because he didn't want to pay him, and almost trading David Robinson to the Knicks for Patrick Ewing, presumably so Ewing would walk in free agency and save him even more money. But the real bag thing he did was co-found Clear Channel, which is this horrible right wing radio network that broadcasts or has broadcasted trash like Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck, Bill O'Reilly, and so on nationwide and basically ruined news in this country. Clear Channel has radicalized so many good people with their never ending emotional crap and outrages of the day that you'd hear Glen Beck about in the morning then Rush Limbaugh would beat the exact same point to death at lunch only for Hannity to come beat the exact same drum about the exact same rightwing outrage of the day in the afternoon so you get the same right wing propaganda on the same topic the entire work day if you turned on their station. Red McCombs.
    I tought you were describing Fox News, but worth if that's possible. No surprise Hannity finished there. These people are not journalists but hypocrite opportunists. (as the Dominion trial is showing).

I guess he still did a couple of good things for the spurs (or you muricans are weird)...

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I tought you were describing Fox News, but worth if that's possible. No surprise Hannity finished there. These people are not journalists but hypocrite opportunists. (as the Dominion trial is showing).

I guess he still did a couple of good things for the spurs (or you muricans are weird)...

As much as I have loved the Spurs since I started following them almost 40 years ago, McCombs bringing the team here will never outdo the harm he brought to this country by giving the worst of the lunatic right a megaphone to scream their propaganda. It's really sad seeing happy normal people get brainwashed into angry radicalized right wingers by this drumbeat of emotional rants you'd hear from people like Beck, O'Reily, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc every day just so bags like McCombs could have their tax burden lowered. He sold our nation out because of his greed. Clear Channel, or IHeartMedia that they have rebranded themselves to now I think, completely dominates the radio airwaves in the US. They were the original Fox News and are probably quite a bit bigger than Fox News still. McCombs legacy is not the Spurs; it's being a huge hand in pushing this country to the point that a second American civil war does not seem out of the question any more.
    Last edited by baseline bum; 03-27-2023 at 08:21 PM.

Thread Information