Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Oh no. Last game in Dodgers uniform. Hope amigo gets help.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

White flag waving?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Clinched at Philly

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Padres
    7-game win streak

I'm attending home ender on Saturday. Hotel party in the gaslamp.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Padres
    7-game win streak

I'm attending home ender on Saturday. Hotel party in the gaslamp.
    Moron Melvin to the rescue.
    Hope that didn't tank Snells chances for the Cy Young. Since it's moron sportswriters who vote.
    FFS 3-2 count on Tatis w fast runners on 1b and 2b and only 1 out.

Derrrr errrr errrr Bob think you might wanna put the runners in motion?
    Crack yet another DP as Pads lose 2-1.

Do Melvin Padres lead MLB in hitting into DPs?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Moron Melvin to the rescue.
    Hope that didn't tank Snells chances for the Cy Young. Since it's moron sportswriters who vote.
    FFS 3-2 count on Tatis w fast runners on 1b and 2b and only 1 out.

Derrrr errrr errrr Bob think you might wanna put the runners in motion?
    Crack yet another DP as Pads lose 2-1.

Do Melvin Padres lead MLB in hitting into DPs?
    Ya it was brutal. Pads were 1 hit away but the Red Birds blocked.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Sunday - October 1st is the Final Day of the season

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

AL playoff races
    "There's a four-team scrum for three playoff spots in the AL -- two wild-card slots and the AL West le -- and, almost miraculously, they're all pretty good teams. It's as close to an old-fashioned pennant race as we can get in the "generous" contemporary format.

Among the Toronto Blue Jays, Houston Astros, Texas Rangers or Seattle Mariners, one will be starting the offseason in a week. It's a battle that, despite the erratic new scheduling formula, manages to feature two head-to-head clashes over the final week (Rangers-Mariners and Astros-Mariners). Plus, the Blue Jays finish the season with the New York Yankees (who are battling to avoid a losing season) and Rays (who are in a dogfight for the AL East le and top AL seed), while the Astros finish up at the Arizona Diamondbacks, who are also fighting for their postseason lives.

All of this would be enough as is, but what elevates the drama is the precarious place of the Astros, who would be on cruise control if not for a sudden inability to beat the AL's worst teams. If Houston's run of six straight ALCS appearances ends in a week because of that​, it will be one of the defining stories of the season.

And if Houston does end up as the odd team out, the AL playoff bracket would consist entirely of clubs with historical chips on their shoulders: the Blue Jays (no les in 30 years), Orioles (no les in 40 years), Rays (no les ever), Rangers (also no les), Minnesota Twins (18-game playoff losing streak) and Mariners (last extant franchise to never win a pennant). It's going to be a fun week."

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

NL wild card
    "Note to teams playing an "easy" final week schedule: Beware.

Just ask the Cincinnati Reds and Chicago Cubs how they feel about that, after the Pittsburgh Pirates took a series from them both over the past several days. It's happened all over baseball in September, meaning the Miami Marlins' final six games against the New York Mets and Pirates won't be a cakewalk, not with all six coming on the road.

The Cubs also have six road games to close their season, but their challenge is a different one, as they play two division leaders in the Atlanta Braves and Milwaukee Brewers. Both have nothing to play for in the standings. Does that make them vulnerable, or does being an ultratalented team who can play loose make them more dangerous? Meanwhile, Arizona has been impacted by the weather on the East Coast, meaning it'll play eight straight days to finish the season while the other wild-card contenders get a day off in between series. As for the Reds, they might be cooked after blowing a big lead to the Pirates on Saturday.

It could very well mean Arizona, Chicago and Miami are playing for the final two wild-card spots, with Philadelphia in control of the No. 4 seed. With the Marlins sporting a 35-40 record on the road this season -- and sitting outside the final wild-card spot as the week begins -- they'll be the odd man out in the NL wild-card race."

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Happy for the O’s. Hope they can at least make the ALCS with this young team. Their future is bright. The Marlins would be the most improbable playoff team given that they lost their ace and are the lowest-scoring team in the NL.

Fun rando fact: the AL central has the 4 lowest scoring teams in MLB this year

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Happy for the O’s. Hope they can at least make the ALCS with this young team. Their future is bright. The Marlins would be the most improbable playoff team given that they lost their ace and are the lowest-scoring team in the NL.

Fun rando fact: the AL central has the 4 lowest scoring teams in MLB this year
    100 wins

Solid rebuild by Baltimore. They are big enough marker to sign some veterans and blossom into a serious contender for years to come.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marlins got absolutely hosed by the umps calling a rain delay halfway through the 9th inning, just after they take the lead. Fireable offense

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Marlins got absolutely hosed by the umps calling a rain delay halfway through the 9th inning, just after they take the lead. Fireable offense
    Mets apologized for Game1

Then yesterday happened

Fortunately Cubbies got brutally swept @ the CHOP

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Marlins make their 3rd postseason berth in 30 years

To be fair, they make the most of them so you never know

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count

Rangers do what they normally do and choke like dogs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Almost feel sorry for Rangerfan
    But no

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

Wow stolen on the final day

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Marlins are trash, except when they make the postseason. Then, magic happens and they win it all.

I am so happy that the Astros won the West. It was such a brutal year with injuries and inconsistencies. We need 4 wins to get back to the ALCS.

As much as I want my Stros to win it all again and have Dusty ride off in the sunset as a back to back WS manager, I do not see it happening. First of all, Baltimore is just ridiculous this year. TB is also very strong. As of late, the Jays have gotten hot. I believe this will be the toughest test since 2017 to try and get back to the WS.

Oh, and if they do get back to the WS, they will have to contend with the best team in baseball, the Braves or the Dodgers. I really do not see any other NL team having a shot. I know the Phillies got hot and made noise last year. I know the Marlins win the WS when the make the postseason. Still, it is the top two who will be in the NLCS.

TBQH, I just do not see anyone coming close to beating the Braves this year. They have great pitching, great hitting, very good, if not great defense, and great coaching. They are an elite team. I am not sure the Dodgers can push them to 6 or 7.

So, if the Astros are able to get past the Rays, Rangers, Twins, Jays, and Orioles, I strongly worry that the Braves will do us like they did the last time we played in the WS.

at any rate......GO ASTROS

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    The Marlins are trash, except when they make the postseason. Then, magic happens and they win it all.

I am so happy that the Astros won the West. It was such a brutal year with injuries and inconsistencies. We need 4 wins to get back to the ALCS.

As much as I want my Stros to win it all again and have Dusty ride off in the sunset as a back to back WS manager, I do not see it happening. First of all, Baltimore is just ridiculous this year. TB is also very strong. As of late, the Jays have gotten hot. I believe this will be the toughest test since 2017 to try and get back to the WS.

Oh, and if they do get back to the WS, they will have to contend with the best team in baseball, the Braves or the Dodgers. I really do not see any other NL team having a shot. I know the Phillies got hot and made noise last year. I know the Marlins win the WS when the make the postseason. Still, it is the top two who will be in the NLCS.

TBQH, I just do not see anyone coming close to beating the Braves this year. They have great pitching, great hitting, very good, if not great defense, and great coaching. They are an elite team. I am not sure the Dodgers can push them to 6 or 7.

So, if the Astros are able to get past the Rays, Rangers, Twins, Jays, and Orioles, I strongly worry that the Braves will do us like they did the last time we played in the WS.

at any rate......GO ASTROS
    It’s about health, and rest now.

Thread Information