Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Some big receivers coming in.
    If Ryan Wingo AND Joe Joe were to commit, Hudson would still commit?
    Timing of committing is critical.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Quick notes from IT on two official visitors this weekend...
    - Texas is considered the favorite right now for OL Eugene Brooks IV from Chatsworth, CA.
    - a strong push from the staff for DL Melvin Hills III of Lafayatte, LA would likely end up with a commitment, otherwise he'll head to Ole Miss.
    https://247sports.com/player/eugene-brooks-46113362/
    https://247sports.com/player/melvin-hills-46134520/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Per IT, "best friends" S Jordon Johnson-Rubell and S Corian Gipson will both take an official visit to Ohio State this weekend, and will trip together again to Texas next weekend.
    The plan remains to celebrate Gipson's birthday in Austin and "needless to say, it will be a birthday bash."
    They expect both players to make a commitment within the first two weeks of July, and both are considered Texas leans.
    Bonus note: Johnson-Rubell took an official visit to Michigan last weekend and hung out with WR Ryan Wingo. They ran track against each other when they were younger.
    https://247sports.com/player/jordon-...bell-46101555/
    https://247sports.com/player/corian-gipson-46103991/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    WR Freddie Dubose, Jr. of Spring Branch Smithson Valley would like to make his commitment around July 4th, according to IT.
    He's likely in that group of guys who won't be able to commit in the short-term coming out of this weekend.
    IT did mention yesterday Sark and staff will need to have some serious conversations with certain guys.
    https://247sports.com/player/freddie-dubose-46129462/

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    DesignatedT rjv aggy ad tantrum worked........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ^UT gonna get drove

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    ^UT gonna get drove
    Eh another 8-4 season

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ^UT gonna get drove
    .texas will have the most difficult strength of schedule in cfb history in 24..........

Last edited by playblair; 06-14-2023 at 02:24 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Eh another 8-4 season
    We will have to come back to this post

UT can’t handle Tech and Iowa State.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    .texas will have the most difficult strength of schedule in cfb history in 24..........

Lol in CFB history? C'mon now

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Other than Georgia, OU, and aggy that's a lot of wgaf.

The horns should have just gone independent. They'd be making Notre Dame television money and schedule whoever the they want all over the country while keeping the old rivals mostly intact.

But ESPN told them what to do and they bought in. Oh well.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

IT reporting WR Parker Livingstone of Lucas Lovejoy has canceled his official to LSU this weekend.
    He will be in Austin next weekend, and Texas remains in a great spot.
    https://247sports.com/player/parker-...tone-46114138/

mom wanted byu

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    On WR Micah Hudson...TFB saying a bunch of the freshmen showed up to DKR when he arrived on campus, including RB Cedric Baxter, Jr.
    https://247sports.com/Player/Micah-Hudson-46114316/

IT added that he sat in on a team meeting, watched a workout and met with the graphic design team.
    He spent most of his time with Sark and Coach Jackson.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I'd love to have Hudson at tech but WRs that can play at a college level are a dime a dozen. I'm more excited to see Tech getting aQB like Hammond and some good linemen

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    WR Freddie Dubose, Jr. of Spring Branch Smithson Valley would like to make his commitment around July 4th, according to IT.
    He's likely in that group of guys who won't be able to commit in the short-term coming out of this weekend.
    IT did mention yesterday Sark and staff will need to have some serious conversations with certain guys.
    https://247sports.com/player/freddie-dubose-46129462/
    Man, I really thought UTSA had Dubose in the bag. His tweets after UTSA visit all but suggested he was staying home. UT's superior resources (facilities, stadium, brand) must've really blown him away...and/or the NIL possibilities were just on another level.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    Man, I really thought UTSA had Dubose in the bag. His tweets after UTSA visit all but suggested he was staying home. UT's superior resources (facilities, stadium, brand) must've really blown him away...and/or the NIL possibilities were just on another level.
    micah hudson told texas he was going to tech.......texas than told dubose that they would accept his commitment.......
    Blake micah is committing to tech tomorrow

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    micah hudson told texas he was going to tech.......texas than told dubose that they would accept his commitment.......
    Blake micah is committing to tech tomorrow
    Lol it would be Tech's highest rated commit ever. I think the first 5 star ever, not sure if Breiden Fehoko counted. Tech coach can recruit like a Chris Beard.

But damn at the end of the day, still just a WR. Would have loved it to be an O Lineman

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

But damn at the end of the day, still just a WR. Would have loved it to be an O Lineman
    texas had that problem for over a decade.......sark has changed that......texas currently leads for the #1 ol..........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I was just throwing out random blue blood. I can't see any way he ends up in Lubbock
    Oops….

Looks like it probably Tech.

Sark apparently really wants Wingo.
    UT is gonna lose at least 3 WR and a TE next year most likely.
    I think UT wanted both Hudson and Wingo and now might not get either.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    Oops….

Looks like it probably Tech.

Sark apparently really wants Wingo.
    UT is gonna lose at least 3 WR and a TE next year most likely.
    I think UT wanted both Hudson and Wingo and now might not get either.
    Yeah, even if he signs with Tech, he still might just play one year and leave to a place he has a chance to ring. Who really knows these days.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah, even if he signs with Tech, he still might just play one year and leave to a place he has a chance to ring. Who really knows these days.
    Or Tech becomes the big boy in the "Big 12"?
    And who knows is definitely the phrase. But it is damn interesting imo.
    I use to follow my father's ploy of "these guys really want to play here" Daryll Royal stuff.
    Now that its semi pro with even more legal challenges coming (are the players State employees and State legislatures actually preparing action etc) its even more interesting.
    Hate it or embrace the intrigue. I have chosen the later. "loyality" to a school is gone for me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Daniel Cruz to Texas

Probably plays Center.
    This guy has such strong hands and big legs.
    This kid can start for Texas as a freshman.
    Great get. At Center he will handle the big defensive lineman in the SEC. Dude is super strong naturally. He was meant to play football at 15 yo. Started all district as a freshman.
    His head coach at Richland is an Aggie as well.

I know UT fans want another LT like Kelvin Banks. But for the interior, this Cruz will kick butt. He will be the first one out of a back alley fight.
    UT needs these smart types that are super compe ive and want to win every play.
    He is the best IOL in Texas but is not ranked as such. Just wait for it.

edit: Cruz says he loves making O line calls and getting everyone on the same page (I would add he wants to pancake the guy in front of him and then help him up. And then be more vicious the next play) Kid is definitely smart and loves football play calling strategy on the O line.
    Last edited by pgardn; 06-30-2023 at 03:33 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    If we can get Collin Simmons and Wingo everything will snowball somewhat like getting Manning last cycle.
    But it appears Simmons wants to take his time. Everyone is after him, same for Wingo.
    And then we must win to hold commits. Im wondering if the Big 12 will kick our butts out the door on the field. Still worried about regional refs. They are already horrible. Holding occurs on a massive level and they dont call it. Big 12 offensive lineman can be overrated because of this imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Getting beaten out for defensive lineman by OU.
    We must get Simmons on the edge, Wingo at WR, and Brandon Baker at OT.

Thread Information