Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wardell Mack CB flips from Florida.
    4* Who UT did not think they would get out of Florida.

UT definitely needs secondary help.
    Now maybe a really good safety like Filsame 5* will flip from Florida as well.
    Then 5* Kobe Black CB. And maybe a d back coach who can get these guys to work with each other on crossing routes that keep killing us.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tre Johnson to UT

#4/rated bballer

Horns where are you at with this Ewers returns Manning bails story?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Horns where are you at with this Ewers returns Manning bails story?
    there is no story.
    Manning aint bailng. He actually likes college (imagine that!)

As far as football he could possible beat out Ewers. And because Ewers wont want to get injured again (he is immobile and does not feel the pocket well.)
    Manning will definitely be QB2 and if they hold an actual real QB compe ion, winter through spring and then fall comes, Manning could win the job. All its gonna take for Manning is experience with the plays. He is faster, has a quicker release, picks up reads better, and is much more mobile and overall athlete. His arm is every bit as strong as Ewers.

Should be interesting. Malik is gonna be transport material unless Sark tells him he needs to stay as his delivery and decision making get worse the more flustered he gets and then lets Malik hit the market another year. I doubt this.

People still think Manning is good because of the name. He is not Peyton or Eli. He is like, well, Archie Manning. Will he have the same success? Should be fun to see.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I don't see why Manning ever went to UT to begin with. I would have been surprised if there weren't transfer rumors at this point

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I don't see why Manning ever went to UT to begin with. I would have been surprised if there weren't transfer rumors at this point
    SEC/ Sarkisian

Sarkisian and the Mannings have background with the same QB coaches.
    And they love talking and agreeing on the same theory. They also saw a complete change in recruiting under Sarkisian. The OL and DL became prioritized.

As far as Sarkisian ability to be a head coach/OC/QB coach/recruiter has ytb. Imo he must delegate.

eg. In the game today. No timeout during late sub with 3 TOs left? You get a penalty to make the FG that much longer? Inexcusable. I don’t care what the score is. That’s a horrible mistake. Sark is looking at the subs and getting set and NOT the clock. This is not a onetime cup either. Then Sark points to himself with a “my bad”?

Imo Sark needs situational help on sidelines with the clock and subs getting positioned and set. Up to the AD and other coaches to suggest Sark needs help. More duties taken away the more time he has to assess Offensive and defensive cohesion. Especially early games when defensive players are flat out tired. You don’t just throw 3 incompletions and welcome the D back to a 100 degree field.

Post Count
    SEC/ Sarkisian/ Texas

enough said.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    SEC/ Sarkisian/ Texas

enough said.
    Arch very much liked Austin and Athens as cities to go to school.
    Athens and Georgia also made a big impression.
    So the kids get a vibe as well, it’s not entirely business.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    That crowd

Post Count

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    SEC/ Sarkisian/ Texas

enough said.
    Time will tell if he stays

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    reason catalon transferred.........

Former Clemson DB Andrew Mukuba is expected to commit to Texas by the end of the weekend.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    reason catalon transferred.........
    Catalon could not stay healthy enough to beat out our ordinary safeties and a nickel.
    Next year: Williams and this guy Mukuba with guidance from Taffe, the guy who actually gets the defense.
    And then Get Filsame and we could be deep for the coming years.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-07-2023 at 09:56 PM.

Post Count
    Do it!

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Gideon was always in the picture
    Running behind whoever as they scored on Texas

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Wardell Mack CB flips from Florida.
    4* Who UT did not think they would get out of Florida.

UT definitely needs secondary help.
    Now maybe a really good safety like Filsame 5* will flip from Florida as well.
    Then 5* Kobe Black CB. And maybe a d back coach who can get these guys to work with each other on crossing routes that keep killing us.
    Got Kobe Black.
    Secondary looking better.
    May need a portal safety, we are losing 2 and very young.
    Now hopefully Filsame.

Murphy enters portal so QB2 is all Arch. Ewers has missed games due to injury for both of his seasons so far. Arch will be a much more compe ive backup Imo.

My Team
    UTSA Roadrunners
    Post Count
    Any info on BJ Allen and Xavion Brice? DBs. Both recently transferred to North Texas.

Special teams guys or buried even deeper than that in the depth chart?

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    The kid from Clemson is coming home to Austin

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Any info on BJ Allen and Xavion Brice? DBs. Both recently transferred to North Texas.

Special teams guys or buried even deeper than that in the depth chart?
    BJ Allen gained too much weight and was passed by younger safety that enrolled late. He just could not break into a safety group that was not athletically gifted. (except for true freshman Derek Williams who is by far the most gifted of that group)
    Xavion Brice got behind Malik Muhhamad true freshman who played very well, and then two transfers, Ryan Watts and Gavin Newsome both CBs with lots of experience. And then Terrance Brooks who already had experience at UT. Brice I believe I heard being mentioned as doing well on special teams. BJ Allen seems like he was turning into LB size.

Good choice for both of them. Especially now that UT just got Filsaime out of Florida and a 10.5 hundred meter 5 star. Bottom line, The secondary at safety was a weakness and they could not crack it. CB was crowded for Brice.

I hope they do well at North Texas. You never know what happens with maturity. They could easily end up as pros. I hope they do. I know Allen was more highly rated out of hs.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The kid from Clemson is coming home to Austin
    Flipped the 5 star from Florida too, Xavier Filsaim.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The 5 we were hoping to get Golden Wr, Filsaime S, Makuba S/DB, TyAnthony Smith LB and a DT/edge really need both.

3/5 so far. And then we got room for a couple more I think.
    This is really a huge year. We started very slowly in recruiting and are possibly becoming deep top 3 in recruiting and position of need.

Its been a very long time we have had 3 consecutive classes this deep. Only thing lacking is bigtime DT. I dont think we will get the ATM recruit, think he ends up at LSU (Dominic McKinely) McKinely is waiting till Feb, I wonder if we keep a spot clear just in case. NIL and the portal have been very good to the Longhorns. Does not hurt we are in the CFP.

Post Count
    Texas A&M's Evan Stewart WR is in the transfer portal. Hmm... does he want to come to Texas? Do we even want him?

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Texas A&M's Evan Stewart WR is in the transfer portal. Hmm... does he want to come to Texas? Do we even want him?
    I would take him in a heartbeat. We could always use a homerun hitter on offense and KR.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    TyAnthony Smith to UT!

Boom.
    Getting a kid from Jasper over ATM? Thats huge... Small East Texas town?
    This was very unfortunate timing for a coaching change for ATM.
    This kid is ALL ATM if they had some sort of organized program.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-20-2023 at 07:59 PM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Very good question.
    My take is they are worried about his commitment to a team vs. the individual stats and NFL.
    Im sure they have talked and probably looked at all of our receivers number of catches and yards. No one was a stat star. A. Mitc had a large number of touchdowns. But thats it.
    I think there is some hesitation to take ATM portal guys that seem to have quit on their team. ex. Denver Harris. UT wanted nothing to do with him after his ATM stint.

Thread Information