Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would take him in a heartbeat. We could always use a homerun hitter on offense and KR.
    Golden will be the Kick returner by a mile.
    Punt returns will be a spot open for compe ion.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I would take him in a heartbeat. We could always use a homerun hitter on offense and KR.
    Another example that we could use out of the portal was Walter Nolen to help replace losing Sweat and Murphy at DT.
    Nolen was a super talented DT at ATM that entered the portal. UT talked with him and stayed in contact. But it’s pretty clear Big Walter was another no take who went a bit toxic on ATM. Nolen would have been a superb fit for what UT needed. Kiffin at Ole Miss got Nolen. Kiffin does a great job of putting together a few very big stars playing around the rest of his team. And the stars for Kiffin will get their numbers and NFL pub by the school. It’s a different approach than Sark. Very different coaching styles. And Kiffin can match Sark in offensive creativity if not out perform Sark. But people who know both (especially USC folks) say they are very, very different coaches. Kiffin will take talent and whatever else comes with that talent and get those players performing. Sark does not appear to wish to work with more difficult personalities Imo.

Im fine with this.
    And I believe I’m being very careful and diplomatic in describing one part of what some people feel “culture” involves as the term is used quite loosely Imo. Maybe flexibility vs more rigidity in coaches. Saban would definitely be rigidity and discipline.” No fn around on my field during OUR practice time. Having hard practices should be fun if you love the game and your teammates kinda stuff.” I think there is a spectrum of loose/joy to rigid/focused coaching types. And there is a spectrum of letting kids be individuals to emphasis on everything is team.
    I would not want to have to find the proper dose of philosophies coaching immature large humans to form a team. Strikes me as very difficult. Patience required. It’s pretty obvious some very good coaches had a tough time with this also. Knight, Leech, Urban Meyer etc…Each took temper tantrums out on players imo. Some much milder than others. All great coaching minds. I have a feeling Leech was probably the most fun, but you needed to know when to stop. A player needed to be able to read his mood. Meyer… watch the roundhouse kicks out of nowhere.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT ended up at 5 or 4 on most recruiting sites after starting in the mid twenties.
    This does not win any awards for the team but its very different than the Mack brown style of starting fast and finishing high.
    Sarkisian seems to have an extraordinary amount of patience in recruiting. Thats 3 years in a row of depth and not just flashy offensive skill positions.
    Definitely not on the scale of Georgia, Alabama, Ohio st. or even Clemson before NIL. but so much better than Brown's last seasons and much better than previous coaches.
    Oklahoma continues to roll out good classes even after big changes.

One Note: I think UT would like even a deeper DT class than they got. They got 3 solid recruits. So we might expect another DL HS recruit between now and Feb. I think 2 of the 3 DL recruits they feel like are projects, much like Murphy and Sweat. But its a gamble thinking you can coach em up to that high a level imo. UT will also continue to look for a portal guy at DT like the kid from Minnesota Trill Carter, who allowed for a lot of rotation. UT is really about a lot of rotation across the whole D line now. I think of lot of this is for practice purposes as well.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Ole Miss cheats its ass off to get recruits. It is a middle of the pack SEC team year in and year out. The fact that top talent chooses them over LSU, UGA, Bama, OU, Texas, Oregon, USC, Michigan, tOSU, or Clemson is beyond me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Ole Miss cheats its ass off to get recruits. It is a middle of the pack SEC team year in and year out. The fact that top talent chooses them over LSU, UGA, Bama, OU, Texas, Oregon, USC, Michigan, tOSU, or Clemson is beyond me.
    Well this was clear before NIL. Hugh Freeze got outed.
    But now… I don’t know what you got? There is a whole lot of gray. I think the biggest method is tampering. If you said Kiffin is directly doling out NIL money based on performance I could believe this as well but I would like to see where you got the info.

And I think under Kiffin the top talent is assured to be given the chance to show off really good numbers. It works together with the above. Also at Ole Miss it’s easy to see the top talent. The next guy up is most likely not nearly as good. A number of the other teams you mentioned have real compe ion for starting spots. Some really deep teams. Some guys that already have NFL talent get paraded around during games. At Bama or Georgia these same guys could be sitting on the bench. The NFL will eventually find them but the draft level might not give them the immediate first round bucks.
    My take.

Add to this Kiffin is very creative as a football coach as well.
    Last edited by pgardn; 12-21-2023 at 11:12 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think Kiffin is a piece of as a human being so them cheating their asses off makes perfect sense.

That said, being a middle of the road team sucks. If Tech were to cheat to bring in a player and get away with I'm all for it. Cheating off the field these days is perfectly fine with me.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    I think Kiffin is a piece of as a human being so them cheating their asses off makes perfect sense.

That said, being a middle of the road team sucks. If Tech were to cheat to bring in a player and get away with I'm all for it. Cheating off the field these days is perfectly fine with me.
    What cheating actually is now… is not established. Especially teams contacting other team’s players to entice them into the portal. There are too many avenues for this to take place. They gotta formulate some real rules.

And for UT fans:

Trey Moore transfers to UT.
    “Nick” and tuck with Alabama.
    Big addition for UT.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    What cheating actually is now… is not established. Especially teams contacting other team’s players to entice them into the portal. There are too many avenues for this to take place. They gotta formulate some real rules.

And for UT fans:

Trey Moore transfers to UT.
    “Nick” and tuck with Alabama.
    Big addition for UT.
    I feel bad for UTSA, but I am very happy for the Horns.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

michah hudson turned down every blue blood to go to tech for love of west texas plains.........texas tech would never cheat.........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    michah hudson turned down every blue blood to go to tech for love of west texas plains.........texas tech would never cheat.........
    What I have read is that he likes Tech AND he has a chance to be THE star at WR, and start. At UT he might not get the same number of targets, especially with how much Sark likes to spread the ball around. UT was an absolute taker of Hudson but UT was not fit for Hudson.
    He will get the targets at Tech.

Also looking at how little play Jontay Cook got to play should be a warning for true freshman starters. Sark likes the experience quite clearly.
    He also likes to use one of his WRs as a monster blocker. J. Whitt this year. So the system comes down to a numbers game. Imo the only true freshman that sees significant playing time this year is Ryan Wingo. And only because I. Neyor left and UT is without the fast big WR.
    The scat man, Golden, and the great route runner with explosiveness, Cook, are filled in. Sark did not do a lot of rotation with the WRs.
    So best for Hudson, in the longer term especially, but UT really wanted him as the more Worthy type of replacement.

I think the above is a better explanation. Hudson was gonna get paid well anyways. The #1 defensive lineman in the country stayed in Missouri. He could have gone anywhere. But start anywhere…. Probably not.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    Texas is looking to replace LB coach Jeff Choate, who left to be the HC of Nevada, with Arizona DC Johnny Nansen. Nansen worked under Sark at UW. I saw the Arizona defense in the Alamo Bowl. They gave up a lot of yards and points, but they also forced 6 turnovers and had 2 defensive TDs. I know not all of that was the LB corp, but still, Nansen was a major part of the coaching staff that did that. I would be pleased if we were able to pull this off, as I feel this would be an outstanding hire.

My Team
    TAMU-CC Islanders
    Post Count
    He loves Tumbleweeds and dust.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    What undermined thing do you think Tech possibly did to get Hudson there? I'd love to know so I can tell them to do it with every 5 star kid like that

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    He loves Tumbleweeds and dust.
    Cactus and tortillas, tbh. The dust and tumbleweeds show up in the middle of winter rolling down the middle of campus.

True story: Lubbock is on average way windier than even Chicago the Windy City. I once had my backpack slip off my shoulder with books and the wind was rolling it along the ground.

True story 2: once every few years, the wind can kick up the dust in the air just right, right before a rain cloud moves into the area. It doesn't get any better than when it's raining mud, especially if you just washed your vehicle
    Last edited by Blake; 12-30-2023 at 11:39 AM.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What undermined thing do you think Tech possibly did to get Hudson there? I'd love to know so I can tell them to do it with every 5 star kid like that
    The horrible thing Tech has done is get good QBs in a good system that will lead to big numbers for receivers.
    Hudson is very good and he fits a school that can feature him.

Thats what Tech did underhanded.
    Also if Tech has that same RB they had this year it will only help.
    Play action, etc… will work.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    ive been on techs campus the thots r top notch..........snowbunnies with d cups latinas with gyatts.........

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ive been on techs campus the thots r top notch..........snowbunnies with d cups latinas with gyatts.........
    Oh please…

Tell us about your anus sampling?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT set to lose 6 starters on offense and 6 starters on defense.
    X man is the only guy to declare NFL but the other 11… really makes no sense to stay draft or otherwise.

edit
    Murphy and Brooks also declared
    Last edited by pgardn; 01-04-2024 at 09:05 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    K, ducks.

Yeah, nothing new about hot girls at Tech. By this logic we should have had 5 star recruits a lot sooner.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    UT loses Trill Carter DT to portal. Jamaree Caldwell from Houston might be a replacement. He gave UT running against Houston. When he got injured the holes opened up wide. He gets the vote from our offensive linemen. But we dont know if UT can get him.
    He was a good rotation player so this does hurt a bit. The other 3 going portal today, need to go and try their luck elsewhere, they have been passed by.

UT has its LB coach hired. And it looks like Gbenda (lb) may return. Good news here.

Imo Caldwell would be the biggest win for UT as we lose two top notch DTs to the NFL. Caldwell is definite NFL talent and with Bo Davis as his coach, even better.
    So lots of things still occurring in the 2024 class. Still looking for another "adult" at WR. We lose all our starting receivers including our TE Sanders. Some very good young guys but they just have not played enough. Definitely will get the chance this next fb season.

Still portaling, stay tuned. So TE, WR, DT, S, still needed.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Texas is looking to replace LB coach Jeff Choate, who left to be the HC of Nevada, with Arizona DC Johnny Nansen. Nansen worked under Sark at UW. I saw the Arizona defense in the Alamo Bowl. They gave up a lot of yards and points, but they also forced 6 turnovers and had 2 defensive TDs. I know not all of that was the LB corp, but still, Nansen was a major part of the coaching staff that did that. I would be pleased if we were able to pull this off, as I feel this would be an outstanding hire.
    You got it.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Bo Davis, DL coach, to LSU
    Gut punch to UT with Sweat and Murphy going to the NFL
    And the DL from Houston UT likes so much... I guess thats finished.

Gut punch for the Longhorns imo.

Thread Information