Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The first 3 on the list were going to leave.
    They said so.
    Morris was not getting PT. From Beard.
    Miller is incredibly athletic, he needs NBA pre training. Not college ball. He needs to be let loose with different rules. He was so gone.
    Hunter is just a ramming guard you already stated was overrated? you pointed it out by number.

People repeatedly said Beard was a very good coach and built this team with transfers that liked each other and shared the burden and leadership when needed. With a bunch of transfers this was bound to happen. Young players get antsy and transfers run out of eligible go to Europe because none of these guys are immediate NBA players.

Holland is the best recruit we have coming and he wants Terry. The best player is going to immediately test his NB A readiness.
    Playblair feeding GAustex… worrisome pair. Don’t let pb ask you on a date.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What’s sad is hiring this dude who has had ZERO record of major college coaching success.
    What would you call taking over a team shattered by a reckless cavalier personality going to the final 8?
    It took a number of games to get their heads straight. And they basically lost in the round of 8 because their most potent player during the last part of the season was injured.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    rodney terry is

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    5* the best shooter in the class........

Post Count
    This might be a dangerous thing to write or perhaps just a stupid one.... BUT I kind of think Texas essentially recruits itself. Even Shaka was getting 5star players but he just couldn't win enough with them.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    both 5* commits who told texas that they would only stay commited if terry got the job have now decomitted.........

rodney terry

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    This might be a dangerous thing to write or perhaps just a stupid one.... BUT I kind of think Texas essentially recruits itself. Even Shaka was getting 5star players but he just couldn't win enough with them.
    your theory is going to be put to the test..........

dillon mitc does not like terry........

Last edited by playblair; 04-28-2023 at 04:30 PM.

My Team
    Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Post Count
    I think that's been clear for years, and it's not just bball. With UT the talent will always be there no matter who is coach. It's just a matter of putting it together and making sure the kids don't fall for The Coddle ®️

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    What more can I say

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    The portal.
    We just got a four year starting guard off of Oral Roberts averaged 22 pts per game.
    Better than any guard that left.

This is what I say. Work the portal. This is what coach chokehold did and we got to the quarterfinals for the first time in forever.
    And of course everyone at Texas wished coachchokehold could have controlled himself. He is a proven quan y.
    Last edited by pgardn; 04-28-2023 at 07:28 PM.

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count

My Team
    Brigham Young Cougars
    Post Count
    The portal.
    We just got a four year starting guard off of Oral Roberts averaged 22 pts per game.
    Better than any guard that left.

This is what I say. Work the portal. This is what coach chokehold did and we got to the quarterfinals for the first time in forever.
    And of course everyone at Texas wished coachchokehold could have controlled himself. He is a proven quan y.
    ur theory will be tested........gerry is reporting that rodney terry prefers to recruit & build his team with transfers instead of recruits......

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    ur theory will be tested........gerry is reporting that rodney terry prefers to recruit & build his team with transfers instead of recruits......
    My Theory?

Coach chokehold used it to great advantage.
    Its not my theory.

Keep up. His 5* Morris got almost no playing time until Terry started using him a bit more often. Morris is a damn good player. But he did not get on the team level of the three other older guards. So he got a year in and should be a damn good player. If he was pro level he should have tried a different level. He got on a good team with a very good guard combo. Feelings get hurt in bb ball. It’s much more of a ME game compared to football. The jumping bean Mitc is an incredible athlete but playing a college game with only 5 fouls and traveling and carrying called…. it can be tough on these types.

Holland was not going to be given a starting spot. He needs to go elsewhere. If he really is superior with a more open game, try the pros in the US. College bball is played differently.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    My Theory?

Coach chokehold used it to great advantage.
    Its not my theory.

Keep up. His 5* Morris got almost no playing time until Terry started using him a bit more often. Morris is a damn good player. But he did not get on the team level of the three other older guards. So he got a year in and should be a damn good player. If he was pro level he should have tried a different level. He got on a good team with a very good guard combo. Feelings get hurt in bb ball. It’s much more of a ME game compared to football. The jumping bean Mitc is an incredible athlete but playing a college game with only 5 fouls and traveling and carrying called…. it can be tough on these types.

Holland was not going to be given a starting spot. He needs to go elsewhere. If he really is superior with a more open game, try the pros in the US. College bball is played differently.
    Earn your playing time.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Earn your playing time.
    Basically.

But some seem to think they are Kevin Durant I guess.
    And some of our posters clearly want to lay the blame for HS recruiting on Terry.
    Remember, Beard did nothing. It was her fault. It still lives. So any bad news is on Terry.
    Texas has a number of transfers lined up. We will see how it goes.

BBall has really been affected by NIL and the transfer rules imo. You can make a complete turnover quickly. Get a bunch of mature vets that understand team concepts and are past their fledging aspirations of being dominant immediately. We had kids last year that were just physically dominant and much smarter than the other teams we played. Even without being a very big team physically. People who watched Disu increase his playing time as he became physically fit will understand what it takes to play. He was our best player at the end of the regular season, Big 12 tourney, NCAAs. And imo we lost due to his absence and easy buckets at the foul line. The guards understood this and got him the ball. They knew his presence made for more uncontested 3s. We got worn down without him imo.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Too bad #2 is leaving i think he eventually would be a good one. Last year there were glimpses of special things. He just made too many mistakes (mostly driving with no where to go) and 4, 5, 10 were too good in front of him.

About Miami game, I suppose UT got tired. Miami did play one more scrub than UT did. But their last 3 players played about the same minutes that #2 and #23 did. So the studs played about the same amount of minutes. I guess UT just got more tired than Miami. It really is a hollow excuse but playing with a lead IS REALLY hard. The pressure to hold a lead is a lot.

Dishu was a big loss so that is true.

What we know is UT had a 15 or so point lead well into the second half and it choked away. Urkel did not have it in him to stop the choke led by #1. 4, 5 and 10 did not step up. 32 manned up. LOL 30-he tried like he always did.

Dishu may have made a difference but if he did it would not have mattered cause UCONN was undeniable.

Go Horns get em next year

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Too bad #2 is leaving i think he eventually would be a good one. Last year there were glimpses of special things. He just made too many mistakes (mostly driving with no where to go) and 4, 5, 10 were too good in front of him.

About Miami game, I suppose UT got tired. Miami did play one more scrub than UT did. But their last 3 players played about the same minutes that #2 and #23 did. So the studs played about the same amount of minutes. I guess UT just got more tired than Miami. It really is a hollow excuse but playing with a lead IS REALLY hard. The pressure to hold a lead is a lot.

Dishu was a big loss so that is true.

What we know is UT had a 15 or so point lead well into the second half and it choked away. Urkel did not have it in him to stop the choke led by #1. 4, 5 and 10 did not step up. 32 manned up. LOL 30-he tried like he always did.

Dishu may have made a difference but if he did it would not have mattered cause UCONN was undeniable.

Go Horns get em next year
    It’s hard to call it a choke for me when Texas shot lights out first half. Especially the 3.
    I thought Miami was just a better team than UT missing their top scorer and player in big time games at seasons end.
    Stop shooting lights out, get your guards banged up, who will score easy buckets in a jam. Miami had that guy on the floor, we did not.

btw the 4 you refer to is returning. He had a surprisingly good game against Miami.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tyrese Hunter is coming back

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Tyrese Hunter is coming back
    Hes #4

GAustex.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Yeah 4 is pretty good
    Sorry I thought he was done
    Thanks

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who were the recruits last year
    That played
    Is that it?

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Who were the recruits last year
    That played
    Is that it?
    You mean the freshman recruits right out of HS?
    Or all the kids that had only one school they played at, and that was UT?

Back channel recruiting occurs for transfers of course. There is compe ion in recruiting to pick up portal kids.

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Non transfers
    It’s all transfers these days

My Team
    Texas Longhorns
    Post Count
    Non transfers
    It’s all transfers these days
    You basically got them.