Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird there isn't a thread about this guy. I would take him after Wembenyama, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a lot of off-the-court baggage tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got a lot of off-the-court baggage tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked why there wasn't a thread about him, I gave you an answer tbh. Think he goes second in the draft but not to the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For real now. This guy looks like the player we have been wanting for ever. That superstar potential, do it all, long forward. I know he has some pretty dark going on off court, but I trust the Spurs' culture to smooth things off on that regard. If we miss out on the French Unicorn, I don't see anyone else even on the same radar as Miller. Taking the non-shooting PG over the 6'9" silky smooth offensive player would be like taking Westbrook over Durant. Don't be that franchise, Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You asked why there wasn't a thread about him, I gave you an answer tbh. Think he goes second in the draft but not to the Spurs.
    The off court stuff should be an ever bigger reason to have a thread about this guy, tbh. Let's argue pros and cons, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's been lumped into the "Draft projects to watch besides Wembanyama & Henderson" thread.
    On basketball terms alone, he's 2/3 along with Scoot, depending on who picks. The issues surrounding him will matter to the FO, though.
    If we land a top 2/3 pick they'll make their due diligence, and I'd be ok picking whichever of the 2 they like better.
    Another option would be trading down, and I'm not opposed to it provided we land a proper alternative plus extra assets (say, Cam Whitmore + extra top 10 lottery pick).
    Important times ahead.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sochan, Vassell, Johnson, Miller, Collins all can shoot, pass and handle the ball. And at 20 yrs old, Miller will have NBA body in no time. I would be disappointed not to get Wemby, but Miller would be a great consolation. People compare him to Paul George, but I see a poor-man KD with his shooting, but without KD’s looong wingspan. He will open the lanes a lot for Keldon/Sochan. But already without a real shotblocker in Collins, Spurs would suffer in interior defense, with Sochan defending the point-of-attack. But they will definitely running and moving the ball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he’s my #2 ahead of Scoot right now.

And I think the off-the-court baggage isn’t as big of an issue as some may think. I posted in other forums an article from the local paper with a very detailed timeline of what happen, and it mostly seems like Miller is far removed from being involved in that situation.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The off court stuff should be an ever bigger reason to have a thread about this guy, tbh. Let's argue pros and cons, imho.
    You mean like it's been done thouroughly in the "Draft projects to watch besides Wembanyama & Henderson" thread the last two months ?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is a Paul pierce comparison valid?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

And I think the off-the-court baggage isn’t as big of an issue as some may think. I posted in other forums an article from the local paper with a very detailed timeline of what happen, and it mostly seems like Miller is far removed from being involved in that situation.
    Same. Not even a question.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Weird there isn't a thread about this guy. I would take him after Wembenyama, tbh.

I wouldn't...there's no world where I take him over Scoot. I've got him at #3, but tepidly. I'm not sure he's going to be more than a spot up 3 point shooter and while that's valuable, it's not worthy of that high of a pick to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closest comps, IMO: Brandon Ingram, Cameron Johnson, Trey Murphy III, Lauri Markkanen

good to great players who put up big numbers on some nights, but not the type of guys I’d like the Spurs to get in a crucial year where we need to get a franchise cornerstone.

-He’s nowhere near as explosive as Paul George (or peak Paul), Brandon uses his offarm a lot to try to create separation. Not sure he’s going to get away with that in the NBA
    -KD comparisons are just ridiculous. Stop.
    -Paul Pierce took a lot of shots in the mid range and was much more physical. Brandon likes to shoot from deep, almost as much as Doug McDermott.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He the bed in their NCAA Tourney loss. I don't see anything special with him tbh. Spurs need a lead guard (if not Wemby), not another shooter.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Closest comps, IMO: Brandon Ingram, Cameron Johnson, Trey Murphy III, Lauri Markkanen

good to great players who put up big numbers on some nights, but not the type of guys I’d like the Spurs to get in a crucial year where we need to get a franchise cornerstone.

-He’s nowhere near as explosive as Paul George (or peak Paul), Brandon uses his offarm a lot to try to create separation. Not sure he’s going to get away with that in the NBA
    -KD comparisons are just ridiculous. Stop.
    -Paul Pierce took a lot of shots in the mid range and was much more physical. Brandon likes to shoot from deep, almost as much as Doug McDermott.
    To me, Trey Murphy is the closest comp of where Miller is coming out of school.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You mean like it's been done thouroughly in the "Draft projects to watch besides Wembanyama & Henderson" thread the last two months ?
    No, I mean in an specific thread just for Miller, because he's that good of a project. There's no reason to have a Scooter thread and not a Miller one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, I mean in an specific thread just for Miller, because he's that good of a project. There's no reason to have a Scooter thread and not a Miller one.
    Yeah, but it's just that the pros and cons you mentioned have been debated to death in that other thread... And I suppose that given the cir stances nobody wanted to make a thread about a guy who may be involved in the murder of Jamea Jonae Harris, a mother of a 5-year-old boy.

Before potential off court issues surfaced, I had Miller as my #2 and always said (to myself anyway) that I would need and wait for more context and information before making my mind about the guy and if I wanted him in a spur uniform...After reading this:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-ba...n-murder-case/

I have a hard time believing he was just innocently on a crime scene... Really hard to eat his lawyer explainations... Basically, Miles put his gun in Miller's car, but Miller never saw it, never touched it. Then genuinely decided later to join Miles on what would be a future crime seen even before Miles texted him to bring the gun (so that's not why he would have decided to join him.. cough)... Then, that's just accidentally that Miiler's car (whose windshield was impacted by two bullets) was blocking the exit to Harris' car...

I don't want this guy in SA.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-31-2023 at 11:33 AM.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah that article made a good case that the Tuscalossa DA was correct in not charging him, so I think the odds are pretty decent he'll go #2 no matter who gets that pick.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To me, Trey Murphy is the closest comp of where Miller is coming out of school.
    I read that as Troy Murphy at first and wondered wtf you were smoking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He seems to be really stupid. To do the pat down thing after the murder thing...well that´s sooo stupid. And he is not smooth but kind of stiff. Not as stiff as but close.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The off court stuff should be an ever bigger reason to have a thread about this guy, tbh. Let's argue [B] pros and cons[B], imho.
    Hmmm. Is he a professional (basketball player) or is he a convict? That is a good argument. I don't think the most recent info on the shooting makes him look bad. His behavior afterwards maybe does, but 19 year olds that have only heard that they are the next great baller for half their life tend to do stupid things. So I wouldn't judge that behavior in a vacuum. Him ting the bed in the NCAA tournament is more concerning from a draft POV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah that article made a good case that the Tuscalossa DA was correct in not charging him, so I think the odds are pretty decent he'll go #2 no matter who gets that pick.
    Not charging him is one thing and I don't know what obscure article are you guys talking about, but if you can read the CBS article and tell me he's just stupid...

That's just a bunch of lies. Miller knew what was going on. You won't make me believe the guy genuinely decided to join Miles juuuuusssttt before Miles texted him to bring the gun and that's not why he was joining him.. Then Miller's car (impacted by bullets) was jjjjjuuuuussssrtttt at the right place to block Harris' car, but that's not why he and another teammate whose car was also blocking Harris were there... Don't get fooled by his agents or lawyer communication. or some local newspaper friely to Alabama University, there might not be enough to convince Miller, but that doesn't mean he's morally innocent.

The guy brought on a crime scene (where he stayed) the gun that killed a young mother. But he's just stupid...

And my apologies to people who said that all along.
    Last edited by JPB; 03-31-2023 at 12:15 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys are sounding the alarm for Backtobasics to come in here with all this talk about a black man being a convict…

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I read that as Troy Murphy at first and wondered wtf you were smoking.

Thread Information