Post Count
    do not want

he a loser!
    Losers don't win ships.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich doesnt have the roster he had when he landed Duncan,,,,hes in a rebuild and his coaching style has run its course. He needs to retire and give the reins to someone who can grow with Wemby if the Spurs hope to keep him beyond 4 years,,,

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Popovich doesnt have the roster he had when he landed Duncan,,,,hes in a rebuild and his coaching style has run its course. He needs to retire and give the reins to someone who can grow with Wemby if the Spurs hope to keep him beyond 4 years,,,
    It sounds like Wembanyama wants to play for Pop, though, so do you want to go against what your number 1 pick wants?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So… I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that Pop’s contract expired at the end of the season so right now we technically do not have a head coach.

Does his job as President of Basketball Operations operate on a separate contract with a different timeline, or is Pop technically not a member of the Spurs organization right now?

I assume there isn’t more chatter about this because either 1) it is incorrect or 2) it is assumed that if Pop is not retiring then hamming out a contract isn’t something anyone is worried about.

Would think we would want Pop as an official member of the franchise if he is headed out to France and doing basketball business (in theory) on behalf of the team?

If Pop is truly a free agent, also surprised someone like the Bucks or Suns aren’t offering him a bag even if that’s a huge long shot.

Also would give him more freedom with a certain French youngster if there were any restrictions on visiting him (not that I'm aware of there are)...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So… I read somewhere (can’t remember where) that Pop’s contract expired at the end of the season so right now we technically do not have a head coach.

Does his job as President of Basketball Operations operate on a separate contract with a different timeline, or is Pop technically not a member of the Spurs organization right now?

I assume there isn’t more chatter about this because either 1) it is incorrect or 2) it is assumed that if Pop is not retiring then hamming out a contract isn’t something anyone is worried about.

Would think we would want Pop as an official member of the franchise if he is headed out to France and doing basketball business (in theory) on behalf of the team?

If Pop is truly a free agent, also surprised someone like the Bucks or Suns aren’t offering him a bag even if that’s a huge long shot.
    It is definitely expired.

Teams know better than to try and poach Pop away from the Spurs. It'd be like propositioning someone who is happily married. Pointless at best, stupidly embarrassing at worst.

iirc, no team tried calling Timmy the last time he hit FA as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    iirc, no team tried calling Timmy the last time he hit FA as well.
    Other then the time Tim almost joined the Orlando Magic, how close did Tim ever come to running out an existing contract?

When Tim Duncan almost changed NBA history by leaving for the Magic - CBSSports.com

"I came close to leaving," said Duncan.
    How close?
    "Real close."

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have Steve Kerr take over, but who the is Ahn Fire with his sources?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ Probably just a dumb AI generated article.

In all seriousness I’d like Kenny Atkinson here if he’s an option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love to have Steve Kerr take over, but who the is Ahn Fire with his sources?
    In some ways it would make sense for Kerr if the Warriors are headed south and the Spurs are moving into contention.

Thread Information