Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Inconvenient facts?

His own words are "bad faith arguments"?
    It's bad faith equating a meaningless vote made to score points against Bush's re ed tax cuts for the rich with a vote to put the nation into default.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt that neither Biden or McCarthy want to default on our debt.

Unfortunately if Biden doesn't throw McCarthy a bone or two he will have zero chance of getting enough votes to pass the debt ceiling.

That is an unfortunate truth.
    Extremely doubtful. McCarthy is going to have to bring a clean bill to raise the debt ceiling with Democrat votes because if he forces a default the ruling class will stop funding Republicans. McCarthy is a yapping dog with no bite here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part will be when the dip s like Boebert and Gaetz strip McCarthy's speakership over it once it's done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Funniest part will be when the dip s like Boebert and Gaetz strip McCarthy's speakership over it once it's done.
    I will be the first to admit that Boebert, Gaetz, Greene, etc. are an embarrassment.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I believe"

It's a website that generates right wing talking points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no doubt that neither Biden or McCarthy want to default on our debt.

Unfortunately if Biden doesn't throw McCarthy a bone or two he will have zero chance of getting enough votes to pass the debt ceiling.

That is an unfortunate truth.
    Lots of elected officials in your party are just fine with defaulting.

If you have a Breitbart bothsidez talking point showing Democrats saying the same, go ahead and post it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"I believe"

It's a website that generates right wing talking points.

LOL Chump still claiming inconvenient TRUTHS are "talking points". I posted a link to Newsweek discussing the exact same thing. When did Newsweek become a source of right wing "talking points"? Your obsession with trying to score points just makes you look ridiculous.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL Chump still claiming inconvenient TRUTHS are "talking points". I posted a link to Newsweek discussing the exact same thing. When did Newsweek become a source of right wing "talking points"? Your obsession with trying to score points just makes you look ridiculous.
    No one ever said what you posted wasn't true. It just doesn't matter.
    Trying to be macho fighting your straw man.
    I believe it maybe was Breitbart. I don't recall.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one ever said what you posted wasn't true. It just doesn't matter.
    Trying to be macho fighting your straw man.
    I believe it maybe was Breitbart. I don't recall.
    says the chump moving the goal post and bickering over "source" like it ing matters when he knows its true. ing pathetic.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    says the chump moving the goal post
    What was the goalpost move?

If you have a talking point saying Biden wanted to default, go ahead and Breit your Bart.

If you have Democrats even threatening a shutdown or default over the budget, post it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and its ing hilarious that when backed into a corner Chump claims "the truth doesn't matter".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and its ing hilarious that when backed into a corner Chump claims "the truth doesn't matter".
    It doesn't matter because Biden never threatened default.

Do you understand why your Breitbart talking point doesn't matter?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

If you have Democrats even threatening a shutdown or default over the budget, post it.
    That's exactly what he is doing now by refusing to even talk about budget cuts. Partisan politics over the good of the country. He is hoping the crazies on the Republican side will refuse to pass it so he can blame the inevitable inflation and recession on Republicans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's exactly what he is doing now by refusing to even talk about budget cuts. Partisan politics over the good of the country. He is hoping the crazies on the Republican side will refuse to pass it so he can blame the inevitable inflation and recession on Republicans.
    They will be to blame.

It's their threat.

This threat never exists when Democrats control the House.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL no McCarthy is threatening default. A clean debt ceiling bill will likely get most Democrats in the house voting for it. You're the ones acting like terrorists here, though it's an empty threat because if there is one thing 2020 showed us, it's that the stock market will be protected at all costs because the main axiom of America is the rich can feel no pain. And they would feel worlds of pain if McCarthy defaults. Biden has no reason to cater to their empty threat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Biden says he will negotiate budget cuts after they pass a clean debt ceiling bill. Lets assume Republicans do exactly that when they realize there is no other choice.

Odds are about 10-1 Biden's handlers then s backwards on budget talks after they get their bloated budget passed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Biden says he will negotiate budget cuts after they pass a clean debt ceiling bill. Lets assume Republicans do exactly that when they realize there is no other choice.

Odds are about 10-1 Biden's handlers then s backwards on budget talks after they get their bloated budget passed.
    Well, let's have a look at the proposed Republican budget so we know their starting point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    political reality.

Biden gambled McCarthy couldn't get a consensus from his hardliners to pass something. He did.

Balls in Biden's court.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They will be to blame.

It's their threat.

This threat never exists when Democrats control the House.
    The democracts never passed a bill to send to the senate

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Must not be a big priority if Joe couldn't fit debt negotiations in until the 9th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. What you posted wasn't a Joe Biden quote:

On March 16, 2006, Senate Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling, with Senate Democrats largely voting against the statutory limit of the country’s debt.

Then-Sen. Biden voted in lock step with Senate Democrats against this bill, which would raise the debt ceiling from $8.184 trillion to $8.965 trillion.

During his Senate floor speech explaining his vote against the debt ceiling increase, Biden lashed into then-President Bush, claiming Bush did not do enough to balance the budget or pay down the debt.

Where did you get this?
    Do you own homework
    You lazy liberal just want a hand out

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. What you posted wasn't a Joe Biden quote:

On March 16, 2006, Senate Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling, with Senate Democrats largely voting against the statutory limit of the country’s debt.

Then-Sen. Biden voted in lock step with Senate Democrats against this bill, which would raise the debt ceiling from $8.184 trillion to $8.965 trillion.

During his Senate floor speech explaining his vote against the debt ceiling increase, Biden lashed into then-President Bush, claiming Bush did not do enough to balance the budget or pay down the debt.

Where did you get this?

Look it up it is a matter of Public record
    He gave you the date

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The democracts never passed a bill to send to the senate
    What does that even mean?
    Do you own homework
    You lazy liberal just want a hand out
    He had already done the homework. All he had to do was show his work.
    Look it up it is a matter of Public record
    He gave you the date
    That wasn't what I asked.

Pay attention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I just took Joe at his word. Deficit reduction is really important to him. I'm waiting to see his counter proposal. You know there will be one.

and LOL @ you and YOUR talking points.
    There's a place for deficit reduction, it's called the budget and appropriations. Not the debt ceiling.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's democracy at work. Look, if the McCarthy boomers want to watch the world burn, they have to own it. That's exactly why McCarthy has no leverage here.

And when all is said and done, the deficit as a portion of the GDP is likely going to be smaller under this administration than the previous one.

Thread Information