Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They didn’t want any deal. They wanted the country to default in order to burn down the economy so that Biden would lose in 2024.
    Both sides have their outliers that don't like the deal and won't vote for it. For a change it is really a bipartisan agreement.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The House Freedom Caucus is well past outlier status for the GOP at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both sides have their outliers that don't like the deal and won't vote for it. For a change it is really a bipartisan agreement.
    Neh, the Dems for the most part don't vote in ways just to pwn the Pubs

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just stop...

there should have been zero "negotiations" - this is just terrorists holding the country hostage.

You are a businessman - imagine this scenario:

You had a negotiation last year. You all agreed on a deal - LAST YEAR. The normal order of business was that this deal would be in effect until NEXT YEAR - when there would be another mtg - another negotiation.

Then there was a new board installed across town and the new board calls you and says, "we dont like the deal we made LAST YEAR- so we need another mtg to negotiate or we will blow up all our deals we agreed on, blow up all future deals, blow up the entire company as a matter of fact.

Then those guys would go to the press and say you are a horrible business man who is driving the business to bankruptcy and telling the press you HAVE TO sit down with them and re-negotiate again or IT IS YOUR FAULT if the company goes under.

This is basically what the GOP is doing and they do not give a if the entire economy goes to - since they cannot win elections anymore and have to steal them - THIS destroying of the economy is the ONLY way they might beat biden in 2024.

Just shameful terrorists.

The spending had already all been agreed to whether everyone liked it or not and when trump was in office the Dems could have played the same game and held the country hostage and believe me - Trumps criminality and 2 trillion gift to the 1 percent was reason enough to do it - but Dems put the country ahead of their anger and disagreement of how the GOP was wrecking the economy and the rich tax scam was nothing but robbing from the low and middle class to gift the rich. THREE TIMES - the dems swallowed their pride and voted to raise the debt ceiling anyway. The same GOP had zero issue with blowing trillions on their agenda for the rich back then at the expense of the rest of americans.

If you are honest you know all this is accurate. You are not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly do you not like about the deal President Biden negotiated? Be specific.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What exactly do you not like about the deal President Biden negotiated? Be specific.

if that ^ was for me ….

you should never try to negotiate with terrorists

but since biden did - it seems to be better than the alternative so it will have to do
    im fine with moving on

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Should've just kept paying no matter what.

Debt ceiling is uncons utional.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Something "terrorism"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Having to negotiate VA care for veterans is major BS as well as not looking over DOD bloated spending.

Additional Republican BS: Not increasing taxes for very rich, reducing IRS employees to catch tax cheats; work requirement for poor getting food stamps.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having to negotiate VA care for veterans is major BS as well as not looking over DOD bloated spending.

Additional Republican BS: Not increasing taxes for very rich, reducing IRS employees to catch tax cheats; work requirement for poor getting food stamps.
    Fear of making the IRS effective is indeed total BS.
    If the fear of God was put into all the cheats the debt would go down.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I mean it's not that difficult that these people can't figure this out or don't already know. What else is it but letting the country burn for pwnage points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mean it's not that difficult that these people can't figure this out or don't already know. What else is it but letting the country burn for pwnage points.
    Who/what is burning? Hyperbole much?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who/what is burning? Hyperbole much?
    If we default, the economy will burn. No hyperbole. Do you really not know this?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we default, the economy will burn. No hyperbole. Do you really not know this?
    It didn't default. Never thought it would. i still don't understand what you guys are whining about. A few insignificant cuts. No big deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans threaten the entire US economy and credit for years to come over insignificant cuts.

"No big deal."

I guess it's just how you guys roll these days.

Sure they wanted to overthrow the US government and install Trump as god-king -- but they didn't succeed this time. No big deal.

Let the bothsidesing begin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Republicans threaten the entire US economy and credit for years to come over insignificant cuts.

"No big deal."
    Did you really think they wouldn't come to some kind of compromise? And 150 billion of annual cuts in a 6.9 Trillion budget for 2024 is pretty ing insignificant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you really think they wouldn't come to some kind of compromise? And 150 billion of annual cuts in a 6.9 Trillion budget for 2024 is pretty ing insignificant.
    So why does your side have to threaten the United States over them on a regular basis?

What the is wrong with you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why does your side have to threaten the United States over them on a regular basis?

What the is wrong with you thinking that multi trillion dollar annual deficits forever is OK?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the is wrong with you thinking that multi trillion dollar annual deficits forever is OK?
    Because we pay the debts that are owed. That's why our credit is good. Didn't see you ing about your tax cuts.

CC folds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Because we pay the debts that are owed.

CC folds.
    LMAO @ Chump always claiming other people "fold".

It is an unsustainable path and yes, both parties are responsible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You fold when you avoided a direct question like a coward.

Including you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You fold when you avoided a direct question like a coward.

Including you.
    What question?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Your party is the one that blows up the deficit every single time it's in power since Reagan to give rich people more money and even worse your 2017 blowjob to corporations who just spent that money on stock buybacks. GTFO whining about deficits. You and the GOP don't give two s about them and never have. Deficit talk is just PR for not taxing the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Biden could have sat down and discussed some budget compromises months ago. It didn't have to come down to the wire like this. 150 billion a year of cuts is better than nothing. Damn you whine a lot.

Thread Information