Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure I do. For starters

I am firmly pro-choice
    I think we can spend our military budget much better.
    I disagree with a lot of the social the Texas legislature wastes their time over.
    Did you ever vote for anyone other than a Republican in the past decade?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you ever vote for anyone other than a Republican in the past decade?
    yes I did. Not that its any of your ing business. You have already admitted to only voting straight ticket.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes I did. Not that its any of your ing business. You have already admitted to only voting straight ticket.
    Absolutely. I don't disagree with fundamental issues my party holds like you do. Also, your party wants to end real democracy in the US.

Which Democrats did you vote for?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We don't have a taxing and revenue problem, we have a spending problem.
    Also we most definitely have a taxing problem.

1. By having a capital gains tax lower than the income tax we incentivize corporations to care only about stock price and thus trim workforce and invest their profits into stock buybacks since everyone who matters in the company is paid largely in stock so as to duck taxes.

2. We have a horrific health care system for anyone under 65 while the rest of the rich nations have figured out a national healthcare funded by taxes is both better and cheaper. God I hated arguing with insurance companies nonstop whenever my parents would have any kind of procedure and they would find something not to pay for or something would end up being out of network. So much easier now that they're on Medicare and the only worry now is price gouged medicine.

3. We have an educational system that's a debt trap for young adults. A lot of the rest of the rich nations have figured this out but in the US we don't invest in our future with taxpayer funded college, all we care about is preserving every penny of wealth of our past.

4. We have terrible infrastructure and won't invest in the high quality rail systems places like Japan and even China have. Instead we have a nation where everyone has to own a car and we're constantly at the mercy of OPEC because the oligarchy can't stomach any kind of spending that would make regular Americans' lives any better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure I do. For starters

I am firmly pro-choice
    I think we can spend our military budget much better.
    I disagree with a lot of the social the Texas legislature wastes their time over.
    Socially moderate, fiscally conservative. A Bush 41 Republican.

Sorry, your kind doesn’t have any control over the Republican Party anymore. It is firmly in the hands of the -eating, cousin- ing crackers. You might think that the populist rhetoric is just red meat to the rubes to grease the skids for plutocratic privileges, right until they start dropping people out of helicopters.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So why keep on defunding the IRS? Why outright reject closing well known tax loopholes? Who largely benefits from that stuff?

What does any of this has to do with holding the country hostage over paying what Congress already spent? The problem with deals like this is that it sets a terrible precedent going forward.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys seem upset that Ole Joe folded. It's funny that he did considering that the GOP dgaf about debt/deficits, as Scott pointed out. If I was Joe, I wouldn't have made a deal without getting something for lib voters, like raising the minimum wage a dollar or even a penny.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys seem upset that Ole Joe folded. It's funny that he did considering that the GOP dgaf about debt/deficits, as Scott pointed out. If I was Joe, I wouldn't have made a deal without getting something for lib voters, like raising the minimum wage a dollar or even a penny.
    Someday someone is going to call your bluff and just keep paying the debt.

Unfortunately for you, our sense of self isn't wrapped up in Biden the way yours is with your loser Trump. We can accept his "folding" and you aren't even happy with it.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Ole Joe took the Freedom Caucus out to the ole woodshed. You're projecting again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dislike the fact that he did this for his own political benefit, not what's best for the country in the short or long term.

One of these days Dems are going to stop being the adults in the room and saving the GOP from themselves, tbh... should've been this opportunity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, they are all politicians.

Here is the vote tally in House:

314 to 117. There were 149 Republicans and 165 Democrats who voted for the bill.

71 Republicans and 46 Democrats who voted against it.
    Last edited by Ef-man; 05-31-2023 at 10:40 PM.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .
    We have seen what our ex president can do with taxes.
    Offshore accounts... And regular everyday businessmen taking advantage of putting stuff they personally use at home or whatever as business expenses.
    You damn well know how much this happens. And you talk about it with others who own business if you are in the majority. Brag about it...

Spending too much is a problem as well. Both need fixing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boss McCarthy gets his deal

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Boss McCarthy gets his deal
    And the country can pay its debts.
    Something that Snaked deems unimportant.
    So why is Snaked cheering. He can stand that L.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the country can pay its debts.
    Something that Snaked deems unimportant.
    So why is Snaked cheering. He can stand that L.
    So much for GOP plans to gut all en lement programs, destroy big gov’t, get rid of all regulations, more tax cuts for rich, get rid of deep state, and destroy the libs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like I said, should've let the GOP own their own stupidity... but he's going for re-election...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So much for GOP plans to gut all en lement programs, destroy big gov’t, get rid of all regulations, more tax cuts for rich, get rid of deep state, and destroy the libs.
    We'll see if the 'Freedom' caucus has any backbone left... those Trump s can't stop losing, tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We'll see if the 'Freedom' caucus has any backbone left... those Trump s can't stop losing, tbh
    Freedom caucus is the GOP equivalent of the Dems progressive caucus. They're just not compete cucks like the progressive caucus. Rolled by Boss Manchin and Sinema smh lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Freedom caucus is the GOP equivalent of the Dems progressive caucus. They're just not compete cucks like the progressive caucus. Rolled by Boss Manchin and Sinema smh lol
    Sinema is not a Democrat anymore, tbh... not the she ever was. Neither is Manchin. Not a surprise they're on their way out, just like the big loser...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You think the same way about January 6.

Someday.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're going to vote for "No Labels" Manchin.

rube

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you're going to vote for "No Labels" Manchin.

rube
    Sinema is on their roster too, isn't she?

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bull .
    We have seen what our ex president can do with taxes.
    Offshore accounts... And regular everyday businessmen taking advantage of putting stuff they personally use at home or whatever as business expenses.
    You damn well know how much this happens. And you talk about it with others who own business if you are in the majority. Brag about it...

Spending too much is a problem as well. Both need fixing.
    CosmicCowboy won't come back and defend his conservative pla ude he parroted from WOAI.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CosmicCowboy won't come back and defend his conservative pla ude he parroted from WOAI.
    LOL I only use Sirius/XM. What's WOAI?

And I see no reason to defend common sense. The US Government wastes loads of money.

As an example I was just on Ft Sam a couple of days ago. The waste is staggering. As an example, they are about to spend around $150,000 with me to repair equipment I literally advised them to replace.

And speaking of the army, last number I saw was 2021 and there were 482,416 on active duty and 184,348 on reserve. Why the do we have that many people in the army? That doesn't count the air force, navy, and marines. The Russians are clearly not going to come pouring through the Fulda gap and hopefully we aren't going to be stupid enough to get in a land war with China. What the are they for?
    Last edited by CosmicCowboy; 06-01-2023 at 03:03 PM.

Thread Information