Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    When I hear conservatives talk about family values or nuclear family bull , what I really think is that they want us to revert back to the 50s. A time when women were basically tied to the kitchen and weren't allowed to voice dissatisfaction with the married.
    Bullsh1t

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Factually speaking, conservatism is currently a minority in the USA (and I would advance around the world as well) and has been for at least two decades.

We can discuss about the many reasons of such a fall, but what's important is that they need to reinvent themselves and get in touch with the modern world, or they really risk falling into irrelevance in the long run.

There's only so much you can do with gerrymandering and making it hard to vote.
    Incorrect.

You have about 45% liberal and 45% conservatives.

The other 10% are moderate independents who don't like being placed into a cookie cutter column on all issues.

The country is moving left on certain issues like weed, criminal justice reform, etc.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    You keep saying this, but you're not saying what wages you're looking to improve? We live in a globalized world, you don't need to bring in anybody to have work done in India, China, El Salvador, etc, and they're all 10x more compe ive (read: cheaper) than using US labor.

The US is just never going to be able to compete with those countries, period. If we need something done closer, Mexico is cheap ass as well. That ship has sailed a long time ago.

So this never was about wages. This is simply going to the fact that boomers and the like ruined it for the current generations and we find ourselves in a situation where we have less people chipping in to pay for more people's retirement.

There's no simple solution to that, other than some relatively important amount of immigration to fill the gap and expand your tax base. This is purely economics, nothing to do with politics.
    No particular industry in general. When Chump did his usual lawyer schtick, my premise was that many young folks did not feel inclined to work during the pandemic years because wages sucked and they drew more from freebies from unemployment. I do believe that overall they want to return to work now, but insist on higher wages.

When you have an influx of migrants, you get all this under the table stuff or independent contractor agreements instead of tax paying companies actually employing legal citizens for decent, compe ive wages.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fetterman went to Harvard,,,,lmao.
    Lol and that's the best crack he could come up with

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No particular industry in general. When Chump did his usual lawyer schtick, my premise was that many young folks did not feel inclined to work during the pandemic years because wages sucked and they drew more from freebies from unemployment. I do believe that overall they want to return to work now, but insist on higher wages.

When you have an influx of migrants, you get all this under the table stuff or independent contractor agreements instead of tax paying companies actually employing legal citizens for decent, compe ive wages.
    Of course as usual, you won't/can't back up those premises

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When I hear conservatives talk about family values or nuclear family bull , what I really think is that they want us to revert back to the 50s. A time when women were basically tied to the kitchen and weren't allowed to voice dissatisfaction with the married.
    I think it's that plus they're afraid of the gheys and the library drag queens

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct, the divorce rate is high even amongst conservatives.

I think what Frost is referring to this current generation's stance on marriage in general, which overall does not seem to be the priority that it used to be. People frequently decide to live as unmarried couples. Also, the alphabet mafia is heavily pushing their agenda, indoctrinating children so you have a lot of confused young people who don't know what they like because they have been conditioned to believe that they have to at least try gay stuff or they will be considered a bigot. So they remain unmarried.
    If you're just going to spew anecdotes, it's just as easy to say women don't have to be with stupid men who treat them like anymore. Your Crowder is very upset about this.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Factually speaking, conservatism is currently a minority in the USA (and I would advance around the world as well) and has been for at least two decades.

We can discuss about the many reasons of such a fall, but what's important is that they need to reinvent themselves and get in touch with the modern world, or they really risk falling into irrelevance in the long run.

There's only so much you can do with gerrymandering and making it hard to vote.
    USA will always be the most Liberal place on Earth. Reason being it's rooted in Native people being essentially gone.

Depending on which barometer you take to judge Conservatism rising/falling in the World. Africa & Asia are still Conservative and seem to be growing stronger relationships. These are also the main origins for immigration to Europe and North America (not vice versa) meaning Conservativism is still being imported. USA military might be on its way out in some major Eastern regions - this means less "spreading of Democracy".

I can't speak on South America but will concede its Liberal and mostly just follows USA interest & manipulation.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I think it's that plus they're afraid of the gheys and the library drag queens
    To be fair, the World at large accepted gays in the past 20 years and Liberals rewarded us with

"Below are 105 gender iden ies currently listed for 2023"

Sometimes seems like children that have no self control when left alone in the pantry.

But hey more and free is a successful campaign message that people increasingly without families & traditions love to hear. More genders, more handouts, more drugs. Because hey I have self control and want the choice. Then one day a homeless community shows up in your neighborhood, zombies are roaming every street corner including your kids bus stop and your car window is busted out.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 05-17-2023 at 11:42 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be fair, the World at large accepted gays in the past 20 years and Liberals rewarded us with

"Below are 105 gender iden ies currently listed for 2023"

Sometimes seems like children that have no self control when left alone in the pantry.

But hey more and free is a successful campaign message that people increasingly without families & traditions love to hear. More genders, more handouts, more drugs. Because hey I have self control and want the choice. Then one day a homeless community shows up in your neighborhood and zombies are roaming every street corner including your kids bus stop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    USA will always be the most Liberal place on Earth. Reason being it's rooted in Native people being essentially gone.
    wut?

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I understand you personally feel having your neighborhood turned into a foreign nation is exciting but almost no one with generational ties to a place agrees.

The more broken the family, the less traditions, the more recent the migration to said place - the more accepting of current day USA progressive ideals.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I understand you personally feel having your neighborhood turned into a foreign nation is exciting but almost no one with generational ties to a place agrees.

The more broken the family, the less traditions, the more recent the migration to said place - the more accepting of current day USA progressive ideals.
    What foreign nation did your neighborhood turn into?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

who has generational ties to a place anymore?

You?

You're leaving.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You?

You're leaving.
    he got to the end of his script lmao

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Back with the Klan takes.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Back with the Klan takes.
    No such thing as a Polish klansmann

Why are you so fearful of rednecks in robes

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

You?

You're leaving.
    In the USA? Few, hence in major part why it's the most Liberal nation on Planet Earth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You are correct, the divorce rate is high even amongst conservatives.

I think what Frost is referring to this current generation's stance on marriage in general, which overall does not seem to be the priority that it used to be. People frequently decide to live as unmarried couples. Also, the alphabet mafia is heavily pushing their agenda, indoctrinating children so you have a lot of confused young people who don't know what they like because they have been conditioned to believe that they have to at least try gay stuff or they will be considered a bigot. So they remain unmarried.
    The bolded is pure conserva boogeyman stuff. After all, LGBTQ people are what, under 1%?

Marriage is primarily a religious ins ution, which IMO, explains the decline. Legally, you don't need to be married to obtain most spousal benefits. IIRC, as long as you've been with your partner for 3+ years (and can prove it), then it mostly applies the same.

Another factor, IMO, is the lack of economic mobility, and goes hand in hand with other trends like younger kids staying longer at parent's homes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Incorrect.

You have about 45% liberal and 45% conservatives.

The other 10% are moderate independents who don't like being placed into a cookie cutter column on all issues.

The country is moving left on certain issues like weed, criminal justice reform, etc.
    But you do not though. At least of people of voting age, Dems have been destroying the GOP in popular vote for decades on end at this point. We already had two GOP presidents that won the election without winning the popular vote (which was a first with Dubya).

The actual notable trend is more urbanization and less rural folk. That spells all sorts of trouble for the GOP in the long run, barring some sort of reinvention.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Migrants need to file taxes like anybody else. I know, I was an immigrant once. Heck, if you ever want to get actual papers, you need to show 4 consecutive years of tax filings.

And young folks are not special. Everybody wants higher wages, but it's the market that dictates what a position earns based on a number of things like experience, demand, availability, etc. That hasn't changed before or after the pandemic.

What did change, is that some people realized how fragile their works lives are. The mass layoffs on industries like travel and leisure during the pandemic just really illustrated how unprotected workers are, but also showed them that there are other jobs out there that pay well and they can do, even remotely.

It's no surprise that the areas that had the most positions to fill are the same areas that did those mass layoffs then.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Depending on which barometer you take to judge Conservatism rising/falling in the World. Africa & Asia are still Conservative and seem to be growing stronger relationships. These are also the main origins for immigration to Europe and North America (not vice versa) meaning Conservativism is still being imported. USA military might be on its way out in some major Eastern regions - this means less "spreading of Democracy".

I can't speak on South America but will concede its Liberal and mostly just follows USA interest & manipulation.
    Compared to the world at large? The US is fairly conservative. I mean, the stalwarts of conservatism in the world today are all ed up autocracies or theology states: Russia, China, North Korea, a good chunk of the Middle East...

Japan is very traditionalist, but not necessarily conservative. Europe is largely liberal. Hungary might be an exception there, but even Poland is pretty liberal and West-bent in general.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No such thing as a Polish klansmann

Why are you so fearful of rednecks in robes
    Of course you are not really Polish.

You are parroting klan takes on migrants coming into neighborhoods and ruining family values though. You are missing the language about bloodlines but everything else is right there.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course you are not really Polish.

You are parroting klan takes on migrants coming into neighborhoods and ruining family values though. You are missing the language about bloodlines but everything else is right there.
    Blacks in Chicago just said they dont want illegals in their neighborhoods either,,,,are they klansmen?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blacks in Chicago just said they dont want illegals in their neighborhoods either,,,,are they klansmen?
    I know you are big on the whataboutism but I was talking about the rhetoric not the sentiment.

Thread Information