FWIW here is CBS take.

2023 NFL strength of schedule for all 32 teams: Eagles, Cowboys and Dolphins have it the toughest (cbssports.com)

The one thing about strength of schedule is that there's no perfect way to measure schedule difficulty before the season kicks off. Thanks to injuries, free agency and trades, rosters are changing all the time and they will continue to change between now and the start of the season in September. That being said, strength of schedule does give you a good idea of what your favorite team will be facing in the upcoming season.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Does this really matter nowadays? I mean, sure it can affect the +/- of total wins. Philly gets the reverse from last season so that'll be interesting to see if they can be as good as they are. I mean, the NFC is considerably weaker than the AFC so anything can happen.

Eh they pumped out a few trends.

The good news for the Saints and/or the Falcons is that over the past SEVEN YEARS, at least one team playing one of the two easiest schedules has made the postseason. If that trend stands, then either New Orleans or Atlanta (or both teams) will be making it to the playoffs in 2023.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    St. Louis Rams
    Post Count
    Are we moving closer to the London Jaguars being a thing?

Post Count
    A whole bunch of ST posters were featured here.

XMass Day Action Jackson @ 49ers.

Could be a beaut if the Baltimore WRs can catch a pass / aren't all injured by then.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    XMass Day Action Jackson @ 49ers.

Could be a beaut if the Baltimore WRs can catch a pass / aren't all injured by then.
    Hopkins released, Ravens are reportedly a major player and have the most cash to offer him compared to Buffalo or KC. Pats could swoop in too but it’s anyone’s guess at this point.

Hopkins released, Ravens are reportedly a major player and have the most cash to offer him compared to Buffalo or KC. Pats could swoop in too but it’s anyone’s guess at this point.
    He's no Mike Williams (fellow Clemson alum) and another Raven relative shrimp, but hey at least he's over 6'

Not thrilled, but at this point he's an upgrade.

Makes a lot of stat pad catches but i don't trust him in the clutch.
    Seems a real Me guy, another in a long list of NFL WR wanna be divas.
    Perhaps some local Texan and Cardinal posters will weigh in.

"What I want is stable management upstairs," Hopkins said on the "I AM ATHLETE" podcast earlier this week. "I think that's something I haven't really had the past couple years of my career coming from Houston and then to Arizona.
    "I've been through three or four GMs in my career, so a stable management. A QB who loves the game, a QB who brings everybody on board with him and pushes not just himself but everybody around him. And a great defense. A great defense wins championships."

Ya Numby i think ALL NFL WRs want your demand list fulfilled.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    He's no Mike Williams (fellow Clemson alum) and another Raven relative shrimp, but hey at least he's over 6'

Not thrilled, but at this point he's an upgrade.

Makes a lot of stat pad catches but i don't trust him in the clutch.
    Seems a real Me guy, another in a long list of NFL WR wanna be divas.
    Perhaps some local Texan and Cardinal posters will weigh in.

"What I want is stable management upstairs," Hopkins said on the "I AM ATHLETE" podcast earlier this week. "I think that's something I haven't really had the past couple years of my career coming from Houston and then to Arizona.
    "I've been through three or four GMs in my career, so a stable management. A QB who loves the game, a QB who brings everybody on board with him and pushes not just himself but everybody around him. And a great defense. A great defense wins championships."

Ya Numby i think ALL NFL WRs want your demand list fulfilled.
    Well if he listens to how much you dog the Ravens front office, he won't be going there.

Well if he listens to how much you dog the Ravens front office, he won't be going there.
    Listed Ravens as one of his choice spots.
    Could just be agent babble, trying to get a bidding war going.

Why did the Cardinals let go?

What I say.
    Ya, cool story.
    You gonna resond to this or not?
    The difference between what Jackson has had to work with vs Mahomes is night and day.

Merely one aspect, and yes it continued into 2023
    Former Ravens criticize departed strength coach, Rashod Bateman fires back at Eric DeCosta - The Baltimore Banner

Their comments on social media came in the wake of an NFL Players Association survey of players, released Wednesday, that gave the Ravens’ strength staff an F-minus grade. Only one other team, the Atlanta Falcons, received a grade worse than a B.

More Ravens injuries occur in Monday’s practice, including WR Sammy Watkins - Baltimore Beatdown

Holy Batman
    Hopkins was great in 2018.
    Texans WR DeAndre Hopkins set record for 0 drops (usatoday.com)

Did he have some drops against the Pats twice other playoffs? Why am i thinking he had some huge unclutch games?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    who tf would want to pick Buffalo and that weather there?

Pats also have often ty weather (granted, not as ty as Buffalo) and they no longer have the great equalizer in Brady. Who would want to go all the way up there to play with Mac ing Jones or Zappy?

KC, NYJ, BAL are the clear favorites with an outside chance at one of the NFC East teams. But Baltimore's QB is questionable at (a) staying healthy and (b) throwing an accurate ball beyond 20 yards to someone who isn't a tight end.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Also, going by last year's W-L determining strength of schedule for this year is fallacy. For example, we know certain teams like Tampa and Green Bay will be awful this year that weren't awful last year, but beyond even that, there will be big surprises and big letdowns league wide.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Is it football season yet? Good God it feels like it's been a year since the SB already

Is it football season yet? Good God it feels like it's been a year since the SB already
    Action Jackson will be back soon enough to give you some all time jukes.

Instead the Ravens will surround Lamar Jackson with:

Ravens' Laquon Treadwell: Inks one-year deal with Baltimore - CBSSports.com

Treadwell had a career-high 434 receiving yards over 12 appearances for the Jaguars in 2021, but he caught just six of 10 targets for 42 yards across six appearances with Seattle last year.

I'm sure Josh n Patty would make Laquon an All Pro.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Laquon Treadwell that first round bust, but to be fair all the receivers that came out in the first round or so that year were busts. Corey Coleman, Josh Doctson et al. At least Treadwell is still fighting to stay in the league.

And to think my draft plan that year was to draft Ramsey over Zeke (would have been the correct call) and then trade back into the first round for Treadwell. Well, not having Jaylon Smith and Taco Charlton and having Treadwell would have been a wash, I guess. Charlton is out of the league and Smith didn't get re-signed by the Giants so for now he's out of the league as well.

My Team
    Baltimore Ravens
    Post Count
    Action Jackson will be back soon enough to give you some all time jukes.
    Great for winning super bowls playing Madden, but I don't think anyone believes it'll happen in real life

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Great for winning super bowls playing Madden, but I don't think anyone believes it'll happen in real life
    Exactly. How many career Super Bowls did Michael Vick reach, and what was his playoff record again? And what was his career record of seasons having made the playoffs vs. having missed the playoffs?

Jackson is the right handed Vick in so many ways. At least he's probably not stupid enough to do the dog fighting. Probably. Hopefully.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    also, Baltimore will be Cincinnati's little brothers for a long time, and it's not like the rest of the division are pushovers. Tomlin might not have a great QB but he's a dawg.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Exactly. How many career Super Bowls did Michael Vick reach, and what was his playoff record again? And what was his career record of seasons having made the playoffs vs. having missed the playoffs?

Jackson is the right handed Vick in so many ways. At least he's probably not stupid enough to do the dog fighting. Probably. Hopefully.
    Falcons didn't build much of a roster around him. He went to the Eagles and were #1 seed I think

Big picture Vick was better QB than Lamar. Especially if Mike played today. Not big margin between the 2 but Vick was better passer and more prone to breaking big runs. Lamar is more consistent runner.

Thread Information