San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    D'Oh! meant to make a poll.

Oh well, what say you?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    They will lose by 20, imo.

Harden is a career choke artist, so hard to pin this one on Doc, tbh.

2004-2005 NBA Champions Barfunk's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pretty dubious game 7 record for Dock, and he's had some danged-gum stacked teams to boot. Makes you appreciate someone like Pop all the more.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's a pretty dubious game 7 record for Dock, and he's had some danged-gum stacked teams to boot. Makes you appreciate someone like Pop all the more.
    Ya with Docs record of choking who did he beat in a Game 7?

Spurs vs. Clippers Game 7 final score: Chris Paul beats San Antonio in unbelievable Game 7 - SBNation.com

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nobody's without their faults, lol. I get y'alls reservations about Pop though. He "only" has 5 chips. We were good enough to win it all in 2004, 2006, 2008, 2013, and 2017, so I honestly do get it.

In 2004, the refs basically were like "Go on, hurry up and get the out of here before we have to reverse that shot by Fisher" to the Lakers. That .0000000000004 second shot shouldn't even have counted to begin with. We were working against the Lakers, the league, and the refs there, so not much could be done after Fischer hit that bogus buzzer beater. I remember vividly Stephen A Smithe saying, "too bad!" when they told him something along the lines that the .04 shot shouldn't have counted. Again, working against the system there.

2006, I guess that's on Pop, I don't know, I don't remember exactly what he did or didn't do, I just remember like it was yesterday that my favorite player of all time Manu Ginobili committed one of the dumbest fouls in NBA playoff history.

2008, I think Pop took Bowen off Kobe for no good reason, no? Dumb on his part indeed, if so.

2013, he yanks Duncan, so yeah dumb decision on his part.

2017 there's no doubt in my mind we ring if it weren't for the dirty play on Kawhi, so that definitely wasn't on Pop.
    Last edited by Barfunk; 05-12-2023 at 09:47 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sucks typing anything resembling extensive from a phone, since I do my best proofreading after I've made the post, lol.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Good call tbh.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

Not hard Sixers just pinned it on Doc despite another Harden meltdown and an Embiid choke job

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Not hard Sixers just pinned it on Doc despite another Harden meltdown and an Embiid choke job
    Doc’s a loser who has produced the same underwhelming results 3 years in a row. He’s the #1 culprit so they were right to pin it on him. Harden is also a born loser, but he did win them 2 games in this series and the Sixers were choking series away long before he showed up

Thread Information