Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    for a minute there, i thought the back and forth between btob and kwhat had finally overloaded the server. nice to see the site back up. can't wait for the next atheist vs. christians thread disguised as a basketball take.
    No soy creyente
    -- Manu Ginobili

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte Hornets. Nuff said
    Yeah, there was a reason that defense first players likeMichael Cooper and Byron Scott always started next to him.
    Facts

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry is a great player but probably a bit overrated and overhyped, like many stars during their playing time, simply because they're the stars of the moment... That's also why we shouldn't probably compare retired and active players but wait for time to make its work... But it's a testament to Magic's talent that more than 30 years later, he's for many still the GOAT PG... I'm really not sure Curry will still be ranked that high in that convo in 30 years, but will maybe first be remembered as as a fantastic shooter.

Some people stated guys like Isiah Thomas were even better PGs than Curry and on pure PG skills and talent, that's certainly correct, but shooting magnifies everything else for Curry, it makes everything else look probably a bit better than it actually is... He has great finishing and playmaking, but not all time great finishing and playmaking skills, same for his handles.

Not his fault, you play what is in front of you, but also add the ulated "luck" in his les runs when he never really faced fully armed opponents, and yeah, not sure Curry will ranked that high in 30 years...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ love him or hate him, Curry changed the complexity of the game. And nobody does that but only the great ones. I hate the shimmies and especially the bandwagon fans, and the “lucky” breaks. But Curry was a force. His handles, his half-court shooting. Never has teams prepared to defend a player like him. Teams has to stretch their defenses out, especially on switches, or he’ll let them fly. Magic/Bird are up there because of what they did for the NBA in the 80’s. MJ took it farther and made it global. I would put Curry at six behind Kareem (unstoppable skyhook) and Timmy (PF goat).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No soy creyente
    -- Manu Ginobili
    ah yes, a classic ST thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I had the TV on mute as I tried to distract myself with other things. I hope he lives up to the hype. I also hope the Spurs don't overreact to drafting him and try to win now.
    They did not overreact.

Thread Information