Page 129 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,225 of 3603
    My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    I'm not a basketball genius like these media guys are, but I don't think it's even close. His impact on defense is the largest in the league.
    Victor out there stat whoring blocks and steals, and defensive rankings while he's in the game.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kareem: 41.2 and 43.8 minutes per game respectively, when he did it.
    Olajuwon: 39.5 and 41.0 mpg.
    Wemby: 29.0 mpg.

He's absolutely going to break basketball when he gets stronger, better endurance, better teammates around him, and the game slows down for him.
    Agreed.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie agrees with Victor getting DPOY, high praises here:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    dont think he'll win because DPOY kinda gets the MVP treatment, ie being the best player on one of the best teams, or here, being the best defender on one of the top defensive teams. its almost always been that way iirc. tho im not sure nuggets had much of a defense when camby won with pure blocks

the weirdest was when they started using the team success stuff in the ROY discussions

of course they just say "spurs defense bad" and dont take one step to see "spurs defense good with wemby on the floor"
    That's actually not true, this is being mentionned a lot by most of the analysts, that's why he is in the conversation in the first place and runner up favorite according to Vegas odds despite playing for the worst defensive team of the league with an atrocious W/L ratio.

I'd be fine with him getting first team.

When he is on the floor Spurs are one of the best defensive team in the NBA but so far he is on the floor only 29 mpg, being able to play more mpg also matters. In before Pauleta comes with his but but this is Pop holding him back, if you pay attention, stamina is a topic and it is ok Victor is 19 y/o, besides minutes management enabled him to pass very well the famous rookie wall.

Rudy on the other hand plays 5 more minutes, has less blocks and steals (- 2 pg) but also has less TO (- 2 pg) which is also linked to the fact he has less usage, as far as I remember Victor has better numbers on decreasing opponent efficiency when attacking him but it's close. Rudy is also playing for the best defensive team... all in all it would not be a total robbery to see Rudy DPOY and Victor runner up.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can anyone here explain one thing to me…to us…

why does every ing team have multiple players who can run a simple pick and roll and toss the ball high over their shoulder 3 feet in front of the basket - higher than the basket to their big man who then goes after it for an easy dunk….

EXCEPT THE ING SPURS?

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

why does every ing team have multiple players who can run a simple pick and roll and toss the ball high over their shoulder 3 feet in front of the basket - higher than the basket to their big man who then goes after it for an easy dunk….

EXCEPT THE ING SPURS?
    The answer is actually kind of simple.
    Both legit point guards we had were traded away in order to tank for Wemby.
    Now our point guard is a second rounder who is a decent player, but nothing special.
    PATFO understandably passed on Haliburton because back then both DJ and Derrick were on the roster.
    Primo, Branham and Wesley were guards that were projected to have some playmaking ability, but they're all useless in that regard.

On the other hand, there's no logical explanation for Spurs constantly piling up on wings that either can't shoot or are traffic cones on defense. Sometimes both.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

EXCEPT THE ING SPURS?
    I legit have no idea how the Spurs are this bad at throwing lobs. I say it on an almost daily basis. Oh, and entry passes. Its like no one has ever told them to aim for the hand. They try so many bounce passes in that are below Wemby's waist. Its insane how bad they are at getting him the ball.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy on the other hand plays 5 more minutes, has less blocks and steals (- 2 pg) but also has less TO (- 2 pg) which is also linked to the fact he has less usage, as far as I remember Victor has better numbers on decreasing opponent efficiency when attacking him but it's close. Rudy is also playing for the best defensive team... all in all it would not be a total robbery to see Rudy DPOY and Victor runner up.
    I don't see the argument for turnovers. Victor's turnovers happen on offense, not on defense, and they have nothing to do with his DPOY bid.

Other than that yeah giving it to Rudy would not be a robbery at all. I've seen no one claiming that he wouldn't deserve it. But Victor is making a big push with his performances and he has more and more advocates looks like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the argument for turnovers. Victor's turnovers happen on offense, not on defense, and they have nothing to do with his DPOY bid.

Other than that yeah giving it to Rudy would not be a robbery at all. I've seen no one claiming that he wouldn't deserve it. But Victor is making a big push with his performances and he has more and more advocates looks like.
    i mean you could get into the weeds of it and say that turnovers lead to fastbreak opportunities which are tough to defend, but ive never really heard that used in the context of DPOY races, and its all factored into the defensive impact stats anyway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

i mean you could get into the weeds of it and say that turnovers lead to fastbreak opportunities which are tough to defend, but ive never really heard that used in the context of DPOY races, and its all factored into the defensive impact stats anyway
    I mentioned turnovers because it is a lost possession giving indeed opponent opportunities for easy buckets as defense is not set, also Victor has a lot of T/O in our half court (eyes test, I don't have the numbers here) but you are both right nobody uses it when discussing DPOY even though I think it is relevant...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I legit have no idea how the Spurs are this bad at throwing lobs. I say it on an almost daily basis. Oh, and entry passes. Its like no one has ever told them to aim for the hand. They try so many bounce passes in that are below Wemby's waist. Its insane how bad they are at getting him the ball.

baffling

its not even a difficult pass to make…just throw it up over the basket and wemby is the only one in the nba that can go get it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    noose is getting tighter...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the exact same proccess than with Chet

They keep the same narrative of "wins matters blabla" until what Vic is doing become overwhelming and they accept the evidence

Every rules have exceptions and Victor is one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kyrie agrees with Victor getting DPOY, high praises here:

Paul Pierce is a fan of Wemby and has picked him for DPOY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby bends offenses the way Curry bends defenses, period, and he’s doing it at age 20. At age 21, Rudy was still splitting time between the NBA and the gleague, and was putting down a whopping 2.3p/3.4r/0.9b with the big club.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Paul Pierce is a fan of Wemby and has picked him for DPOY
    Ryan Rusillo is voting for him,too.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanasis on "that" game and "that" block :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ryan Rusillo is voting for him,too.
    yep, caught his podcast

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn, what a stat. I knew Wemby shot much better on pullup threes than catch-and-shoot, but I didn't know about the breakdown of stepback versus other pullup shots.

NBA.com shows that Wemby is 51-128 (39.8%) on pullup threes this season. The chart in the tweet shows 21-43 (48.8%) on stepbacks.

That means Wemby is 30-85 (35.3%) on pullup threes that aren't stepbacks. Good for a center but nothing game-breaking, though still far better than his 51-193 (26.4%) on catch-and-shoot threes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like we want him to keep shooting threes

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This fool is criticizing Wemby:

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2024...offensive-game

Spurs Talk, ATTACK!!!