Page 134 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 3696
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sign and trade does not count ... the Brunson signing is basically the only valid argument you have within the last 5 years. And Brunson could not not have turned out the player he did.
    its obviously less common but it does happen. and imo S&T deals do count because the assets given up tend to be pretty minimal and not at all comparable to outright trades

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasnt he knocking on wemby before the season started talking about that he wont be able to do what he does in this league?
    he was showering wemby with praise. spurfan can be oversensitive to anybody that says anything about wemby tho. i remember when the vid came out and green was just saying that wemby being as tall as he is could work against him in some situations because "low man wins" when it comes to positioning. and yeah, we've seen plenty of times where wemby is moved out of position because its tough to stay planted when your center of gravity is so much higher than your opponent's. people who had never heard the expression were very offended by "low man wins" lol. was a funny saga here imho

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its obviously less common but it does happen. and imo S&T deals do count because the assets given up tend to be pretty minimal and not at all comparable to outright trades
    I totally count S&Ts as free agency acquisitions. S&T is just a free agent going to a team that doesn't have the cap space to sign the player outright. The sending team in a S&T rarely gets more than a modest return, like a protected first and salary ballast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Donkey sure likes Wemby doesn't he...

Even in his podcast he's always praising him.]
    Wishcasting / sucking up hoping he can extend his NBA career after the Warriors propaganda machine gets the plug pulled.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally count S&Ts as free agency acquisitions. S&T is just a free agent going to a team that doesn't have the cap space to sign the player outright. The sending team in a S&T rarely gets more than a modest return, like a protected first and salary ballast.
    either way you are acquiring a player who has hit free agency. imo its much closer to a FA signing than it is a typical trade for a player on an existing contract, since it only works after negotiating directly w/ the free agent and his agent, and as you said, the compensation is minimal

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NBAPR
    San Antonio Spurs forward-center Victor Wembanyama and Charlotte Hornets forward Brandon Miller have been named the Kia NBA Western and Eastern Conference Rookies of the Month, respectively, for games played in March

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NBAPR
    San Antonio Spurs forward-center Victor Wembanyama and Charlotte Hornets forward Brandon Miller have been named the Kia NBA Western and Eastern Conference Rookies of the Month, respectively, for games played in March
    I’ll admit it, I was 100% wrong about the Brandon Miller and Scoot discussions happening before the draft. I thought Scoot was the clear #2.

Wild how there were some people who said he’d even be rookie of the year over Victor.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll admit it, I was 100% wrong about the Brandon Miller and Scoot discussions happening before the draft. I thought Scoot was the clear #2.

Wild how there were some people who said he’d even be rookie of the year over Victor.
    point guards tend to have rougher starts too. much more on their plate. i wouldnt write scoot off yet.

but miller has been better than i thought as well

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To the surprise of no one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    @NBAPR
    whoops missed this

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wasnt he knocking on wemby before the season started talking about that he wont be able to do what he does in this league?
    Just like Paul George and Re , he had to eat his words on Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like Paul George and Re , he had to eat his words on Wemby.
    why would he eat his words on wemby when he was effusively praising him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

We definitely need someone with Brandon Miller's archetype.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he was showering wemby with praise. spurfan can be oversensitive to anybody that says anything about wemby tho. i remember when the vid came out and green was just saying that wemby being as tall as he is could work against him in some situations because "low man wins" when it comes to positioning. and yeah, we've seen plenty of times where wemby is moved out of position because its tough to stay planted when your center of gravity is so much higher than your opponent's. people who had never heard the expression were very offended by "low man wins" lol. was a funny saga here imho

No body is taking offense to anything. I said that before the season started donkey was talking and saying Wembanyama wasn’t going to be able to do what he does in the nba.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    why would he eat his words on wemby when he was effusively praising him?
    Read the post I'm responding to

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how credible this is:

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No body is taking offense to anything. I said that before the season started donkey was talking and saying Wembanyama wasn’t going to be able to do what he does in the nba.
    he was saying wemby is special, he's going to be great, and that he will kill you if you dont deny him position, etc. they were talking about globetroller like antics which they said he wont get away with, and yes, he has been quite turnover prone (and was tripping over himself a lot early in the season as well), so he was correct.

i dont know how people listen to draymond speaking there and think he was being anything but positive about wemby. there are no words to eat.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Read the post I'm responding to
    the post you were responding to mischaracterized what draymond said about wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure how credible this is:

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the post you were responding to mischaracterized what draymond said about wemby
    Well, before the season he said we're not letting you do that (about Victor's offensive moves).

Now he says you can't stop great players (talking about Victor), you just try to make them take tough shots.

Looks like to me he's going back on what he said earlier.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, before the season he said we're not letting you do that (about Victor's offensive moves).

Now he says you can't stop great players (talking about Victor), you just try to make them take tough shots.

Looks like to me he's going back on what he said earlier.
    which moves was he talking about? any moves? or did he specifically say moves that look like globetrotter moves. like the stuff that leads to wemby's turnovers, or earlier in the season, constantly losing his footing with the ball

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scoot was terrible in a terrible, non compe ive league. There were virtually no shot blockers, and he still struggled to finish. My mistake was thinking that the gleague was a shade better than OTE. It really isn’t.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keep thinking back to the “Every game is a statement from now on” quote from back in January when he didn’t get Rookie of the Month. He wasn’t messing around!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information