Page 143 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4393133139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 3,551 to 3,575 of 3608
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby saying the ex-Spur he would like to play with the most is Manu.

Porky

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tony Parker was master at that in the 2nd half of his career, the change of gears, the subtle breaks are so much more damaging that pure speed or strength sometimes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Porky
    Can you imagine prime Manu with Wemby... Jesus.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Porky
    I'm french and Manu has always been my favorite as well. Like most (french) basketball fans really.

TP is still vastly underrated even by Spurs fans but he never had close to the feel for the game Manu has.

TP is the closest thing with Nephew to a sociopath on the floor. Super efficient but no feeling

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably someone mentioned it already, but I'm to lazy to look it up.

If you turn the new Alien logo upside down...

...now you wish, you never read this and can make the happy pig unseen, aren't you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in the full interview he talks about the "not being put in a box" comment

he said he has no problem being called a center if he's playing center. seems he just doesnt care for being assigned a traditional positional role. ie if he's the center, he has to just play low post, back to basket the full game, etc

Are you not entertained? Davidicus's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    biggest things for me (paraphrasing):

"Do you need to get bigger?" "Of course"

On his catch and shoot 3%, he compared himself to Wilt being so bad at FTs bc he had no momentum, "I felt kinda the same bc theres so much going on with a small basketball, I feel way more comfortable in motion." Confirmed he of course expects to get much better at catch and shoot 3's.

says he "loves" analytics-based coaching, a reason why he went closer to the basket last 1/2 of the year

One thing he wants to work on this summer is lower body strength to be able to withstand + take advantage of a player landing on him after first move

he talks to Timmy whenever he's at big games or practice, didn't mention anything outside of that

he's received "some messages, even from prospects" about teaming up

"Im just a human...or am I"

my biggest takeaway (1:10):

Has your dream grown after this year? "No, but coming into the league vs now I have a clearer idea of when things will happen vs how" Can you clarify? "more info on winning big games, what we lack to get into the playoffs, and how to be consistent"

^I felt like he is alluding more towards playoff & championship timelines and kinda dodged the nudge to clarify, but up for debate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm french and Manu has always been my favorite as well. Like most (french) basketball fans really.

TP is still vastly underrated even by Spurs fans but he never had close to the feel for the game Manu has.

TP is the closest thing with Nephew to a sociopath on the floor. Super efficient but no feeling
    Manu is also the one who introduced me to NBA twenty years ago. I still remember his hair flying in the wind during his drives to the basket. Unpredictable, the very embodiment of French flair (for better, and sometimes for worse). Parker took the team later, alongside Duncan, thanks to his quality as a finisher at a time when the paint was armored with bigs and his outstanding %.

Not very surprising from Victor. I don't think anyone could ever stand Parker. You could even say he's the anti-Victor. No humility, bring everything back to him. Great player, but toxic personality. And Manu is an assist guy, everyone in France likes to be the assist guy (a la Boris-Batum), Wemby included.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu is also the one who introduced me to NBA twenty years ago. I still remember his hair flying in the wind during his drives to the basket. Unpredictable, the very embodiment of French flair (for better, and sometimes for worse). Parker took the team later, alongside Duncan, thanks to his quality as a finisher at a time when the paint was armored with bigs and his outstanding %.

Not very surprising from Victor. I don't think anyone could ever stand Parker. You could even say he's the anti-Victor. No humility, bring everything back to him. Great player, but toxic personality. And Manu is an assist guy, everyone in France likes to be the assist guy (a la Boris-Batum), Wemby included.
    Exactly

TP was more the american kid who grew up french, he was very un-french like in so many aspects

Manu was the latin one we identified with

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think anyone could ever stand Parker. You could even say he's the anti-Victor. No humility, bring everything back to him. Great player, but toxic personality. And Manu is an assist guy, everyone in France likes to be the assist guy (a la Boris-Batum), Wemby included.
    Calm down on that , this is a Spurs forum here. TP is a legend and he was instrumental in all the success the club achieved. Have some respect, thanks.

Victor hasn't had one bad word towards Tony. He's giving props to Manu in basketball terms.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Phenomenal interview. Vic does that thing where he gives you just enough behinds the scene stuff so that his responses are that much more compelling. Felt I learned a lot listening to it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the Spurs are lucky they have an unselfish star like this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly

TP was more the american kid who grew up french, he was very un-french like in so many aspects

Manu was the latin one we identified with
    TP is arrogant, you could say he’s French.

Let's say that Norman-American as he may be, he has a very Parisian side. Just see his profile on Twitter, he talks about being an "entrepreneur". And paradoxically, Victor, as he may be Parisian, has more of a provincial temperament. Even Latin, as you say. Boris has quite this side with his southwest profile.

I don't know about life in San Antonio, but it's likely that the city has this very Latin spirit too, although Texan. Quite perfect for Victor. This Latin spirit which makes people like to chat for hours over a good meal with friends and who, when they find themselves playing basketball, like to share the ball in order to involve everyone and make everyone feel involved and welcome. TP on another side is... the Parisian fast food guy (the "smart good thing" lol), the start-up nation guy, and the Femdom and Skweek'kid. When Pop had to talk to him the first time about his bottles of wine, he had to tell him how proud he was to make a business out of it rather than offering to come and taste some over a nice little cheese platter. Boris, Tim, Manu, Pop, the little kid from Normandy probably has a hard time understanding the extent to which he had been invited to the table of such good people --- and he: "A dinner ? Wouldn't you rather want a quick sandwich? Spurs have always been too slow! A bit of quickness wouldn't hurt!".

It's now up to Spurs to take out the right invitation cards to place on the table. No fast food players. No hurry.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Damn the Spurs are lucky they have an unselfish star like this
    The more I hear about Wemby, the more I'm inclined to believe the lottery was rigged.
    Can you imagine Wemby in that mental asylum called Charlotte Hornets?

The league didn't want another Zion situation on their hands, they need a new face of the league, can't trust Hornets or Pistons to develop anyone properly.

The bit about his shooting was really interesting, how he compared himself to Wilt.
    I'm fully convinced he'll get to KD level shooting at some point. Not right away, but within like 5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Calm down on that , this is a Spurs forum here. TP is a legend and he was instrumental in all the success the club achieved. Have some respect, thanks.

Victor hasn't had one bad word towards Tony. He's giving props to Manu in basketball terms.
    I separate the man from the artist, sir. You are free not to share this vision.

Member of Wembyland CorrectCrusader's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is like the full package man wtf did we do to deserve lucking into this guy. Watching Bryn Forbes must've upped our Karma immensely

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If there is one move wemby should work this summer it should be the one legged fadeaway in the post. If he master that move like dirk nowitzki together with attacking the paint more often like giannis he will be unstoppable.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    it's crazy how he projects an aura of supreme confidence while also seeming extremely humble and level headed.

spurs are so lucky to have this kid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's crazy how he projects an aura of supreme confidence while also seeming extremely humble and level headed.

Definitely better than that autistic mute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

we actually got another duncan. its insane

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I really believe God is a Spurs fan. The Spurs targeted this kid three years ago and now he is our franchise guy.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TP is arrogant, you could say he’s French.

Let's say that Norman-American as he may be, he has a very Parisian side. Just see his profile on Twitter, he talks about being an "entrepreneur". And paradoxically, Victor, as he may be Parisian, has more of a provincial temperament. Even Latin, as you say. Boris has quite this side with his southwest profile.

I don't know about life in San Antonio, but it's likely that the city has this very Latin spirit too, although Texan. Quite perfect for Victor. This Latin spirit which makes people like to chat for hours over a good meal with friends and who, when they find themselves playing basketball, like to share the ball in order to involve everyone and make everyone feel involved and welcome. TP on another side is... the Parisian fast food guy (the "smart good thing" lol), the start-up nation guy, and the Femdom and Skweek'kid. When Pop had to talk to him the first time about his bottles of wine, he had to tell him how proud he was to make a business out of it rather than offering to come and taste some over a nice little cheese platter. Boris, Tim, Manu, Pop, the little kid from Normandy probably has a hard time understanding the extent to which he had been invited to the table of such good people --- and he: "A dinner ? Wouldn't you rather want a quick sandwich? Spurs have always been too slow! A bit of quickness wouldn't hurt!".

It's now up to Spurs to take out the right invitation cards to place on the table. No fast food players. No hurry.
    Hum .. not sure about that, he just grew up in a very posh suburb with wealthy well educated parents. I actually have a couple friend from his town, they're very parisian, more west side that's all

as for TP, the cover of the book may influence you, he just doesn't have much emotional intelligence and a bit of social shyness that makes him look arrogant. He really isn't
    Last edited by Pauleta14; 1 Week Ago at 05:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information