'Cause it's coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    GO SPURS GO

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Was wondering why the forum was so slow.

Lakers getting their pushed in by the Nuggets and Wemby to Fat Antonio.

Talk about a bad omen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    suck it es

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes! the Lakers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Get in here LkrFan !!!!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to my farmer amigos

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thank you based Adam Silver

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Someone with better searching skills than me bump the "semen cloud over San Antonio" thread.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to my farmer amigos
    Sup Humberto. Que Pasa?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Sup Humberto. Que Pasa?

Hombre, D'Angelo Russell jugó como Russell Westbrook esta noche. ¡No estoy contento!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sup Humberto. Que Pasa?
    Glad to see you're still around my dude

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Considering how other bigs like Yao and Porzingis fall apart physically after playing here, I wouldn't start touting dynasty just yet.

With that said, when y'all tank, you do it correctly and in the correct years lol.

Congrats! This guy has the potential to be the best ever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how other bigs like Yao and Porzingis fall apart physically after playing here

Yeah that's my only concern with Wemby (but not a small one)
    And everybody has been jinxing us since we got the 1st pick

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Don't know about dynasty but it will at least be interesting. He's not going to body anyone in the paint, but neither does KD. He'll be effective if he stays healthy. Ankles are ankles, knees are knees.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Considering how other bigs like Yao and Porzingis fall apart physically after playing here, I wouldn't start touting dynasty just yet.

With that said, when y'all tank, you do it correctly and in the correct years lol.

Agreed I view Wemby as an intriguing prospect with a lot of risks like you mentioned when it comes to injury. No expectations of winning a le with him yet. Just going to see how this whole entire experiment turns out.

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Congrats to the fans of the Spurs. To beat out Dame and the Trail Blazers is pretty epic, sealing the fate of Lillard in Rose City I would guess. Hope he approaches TD status, that would be great for the Western Conference. Has to do better on the 23% from 3 though. Thank goodness Jordan and the Hornets didn't get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Congrats to the fans of the Spurs. To beat out Dame and the Trail Blazers is pretty epic, sealing the fate of Lillard in Rose City I would guess. Hope he approaches TD status, that would be great for the Western Conference. Has to do better on the 23% from 3 though. Thank goodness Jordan and the Hornets didn't get him.
    Dame and his “the grind” narrative, super player but he thinks his smells better thsn everybody else’s

My Favorite Faded Fantasy The Gemini Method's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dame and his “the grind” narrative, super player but he thinks his smells better thsn everybody else’s
    LOL. Some people like that b.s. loyalty stuff. Even if it's fake. But you're right the whole I want to win here and applaud me for it is hilarious at times.

My Team
    Charlotte Bobcats
    Post Count
    if spurms squeeze one le out of wemby before his ligaments fall apart that's a big win tbh

Spur needed multiple hall of famers to surround robinson, tim, and kiwi to win anything. right now they don't have that anywhere in sight, though

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Obviously, I’m pretty jealous of the lottery fortune of the Spurs, especially since we had the same odds and slid to 5th. But, yeah organizationally, even though it’s been decades, to have this type of luck three times with generational talent for the #1 pick definitely sucks for non Spurs fans. Congratulations, but quite honestly, I say that insincerely.

The one hater comment I’ll make about it (other than the injury risks that have already been mentioned) is that I do think it might be unfortunate for Wemby that Pop will be his coach. I say that because Pop is 74, and he doesn’t appear like he’ll want to relinquish his coaching gig now that he has another David Robinson, Tim Duncan potential type of talent. I think he’s going to Jim Boeheim the Spurs well into his mid 80s now. A 60 year old Pop would be perfect for his last decade plus run with Wemby. A 74 year old Pop going into his 80s with his priorities likely in a different place than 15 years ago may not be the best situation for the kid... potentially anyway.

Didn’t Pop say or suggest that he would be done once LMA’s time with the Spurs was over? I vaguely recall reading something along those lines. Pop may be rejuvenated over this. But how much of a grind is he willing to put in the next decade plus at his age? And when he can’t do the kid justice with his coaching, will he be willing to step down?

And sure, that’s just me mostly just hating on losing out on the the chance to see him with my team.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    Obviously, I’m pretty jealous of the lottery fortune of the Spurs, especially since we had the same odds and slid to 5th. But, yeah organizationally, even though it’s been decades, to have this type of luck three times with generational talent for the #1 pick definitely sucks for non Spurs fans. Congratulations, but quite honestly, I say that insincerely.

The one hater comment I’ll make about it (other than the injury risks that have already been mentioned) is that I do think it might be unfortunate for Wemby that Pop will be his coach. I say that because Pop is 74, and he doesn’t appear like he’ll want to relinquish his coaching gig now that he has another David Robinson, Tim Duncan potential type of talent. I think he’s going to Jim Boeheim the Spurs well into his mid 80s now. A 60 year old Pop would be perfect for his last decade plus run with Wemby. A 74 year old Pop going into his 80s with his priorities likely in a different place than 15 years ago may not be the best situation for the kid... potentially anyway.

Didn’t Pop say or suggest that he would be done once LMA’s time with the Spurs was over? I vaguely recall reading something along those lines. Pop may be rejuvenated over this. But how much of a grind is he willing to put in the next decade plus at his age? And when he can’t do the kid justice with his coaching, will he be willing to step down?

And sure, that’s just me mostly just hating on losing out on the the chance to see him with my team.
    Feel for you JamStone. You got ushered out of playoff relevance by the same team that just took the brass ring from you. I disagree about the coach though. I think he's shown the ability to change with the times. Definitely better than going to a team who is cycling HCs in and out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are right, we need to temper a bit expectations BUT after the last Spurs bb years, I'm just happy to be excited about the future tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah that's my only concern with Wemby (but not a small one)
    And everybody has been jinxing us since we got the 1st pick
    Yeah, I love to see folks excited but damn this group shifts directions like the wind. Let's make sure the kid can hold up to the rigors of an 82 game schedule before we proclaim the next dynasty. I'm hoping for 30 wins next year.

Thread Information