My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys. We have 32nd or 33 pick.
    now i see. 33

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might be able to bundle and move up to pick someone like Jordan Hawkins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys. We have 32nd or 33 pick.
    now i see. 33
    It's 33 since we got the 1st and HOU the 4th.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we know who we're picking in the first round, the only discussion to be had left is who we're picking in the second.

From the ESPN Mock Draft just released.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow texas really wasted his talent. Didn’t utilize his shot. No wonder they losing their 5 stars

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs got the 10th pick and probably not looking to draft someone to develop. Is there someone at 10 the Spurs like? Would u trade Keldon for the 10th pick if the Mavs are even interested? Or do we think Keldon is going to get even better?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey is physical and can play the post. He does not move well, but at 7-4, it would be fun to see him and Wemby on the floor simultaneously.
    I had this very thought, in the case where we got Wemby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be moving anti-combine in a way, but a guy hitting shots in an open gym doesn't mean much to me. That's Ben Simmons stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is tricky, because I think (and wish) there's a real chance the Spurs could move up to the 20s for a higher upside guy. In that case, my favorite would be someone like Dariq Whitehead or Kobe Bufkin, maybe Rayan Rupert or Bilal Coulibaly, But that's a different argument. If we do stay at #33 (since we surpassed Houston that's our 2nd rounder), then maybe at #33 Colby Jones, Strawther or Jaime Jaquez could be options, or at #44 it could be Judah Mintz, Adem Bona, Jordan Walsh or a Nnaji draft & stash.
    You heard it here first. Kobe Bufkin is going in the lottery. He’s better than his teammate, Howard, and like Devin, is a 19 YO SOP RE, with 60ish NCAA games under his belt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think Bufkin's definitely lottery material. He's been going up mock boards. Another guy is Leonard Miller who's moved. Not that he'd be a Spurs target.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think Bufkin's definitely lottery material. He's been going up mock boards. Another guy is Leonard Miller who's moved. Not that he'd be a Spurs target.
    There’s something about having that much game film to look at that’s going to give GMs a comfort level with him. No mystery box here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I may be moving anti-combine in a way, but a guy hitting shots in an open gym doesn't mean much to me. That's Ben Simmons stuff.
    +
    1:30:15

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're probably right, but I dont remember Simmons being able to knock down several 3's in a row in an open gym... not saying it didn't happen, I just don't remember it...

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They might be able to bundle and move up to pick someone like Jordan Hawkins.
    That would be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You heard it here first. Kobe Bufkin is going in the lottery. He’s better than his teammate, Howard, and like Devin, is a 19 YO SOP RE, with 60ish NCAA games under his belt.
    It's very likely, yes, which is why I named SEVERAL GUYS as someone ALWAYS slips. It's unlikely to be Bufkin (could go 13 to Toronto IMO), but if he slips even a bit into the late teens or even 20 (GSW) the Spurs have more than enough to pull a trade for a player they really like. He'd fit in very nicely in our core,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another benefit of getting Wemby is that the Spurs are back in their comfort zone again -- late first round/early second.

No en led overpaid prima donnas in the 2-5 range. Picking that early is (unfortunately) a great equalizer that minimizes draft expertise.

The Spurs can once again go after raw projects like GG Jackson (and a ton of others) who may fall. More upside with less anxiety on the line -- I love it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Wemby secured, I think in many ways it gives us flexibility to trade away these SRPs to consolidate and move up or add a vet contributor. We already have 3 second year guys on the squad, I'm sure the Spurs aren't too excited about adding 3 more rookies to the team. From a developmental perspective, part of me wants the Spurs to only bring in Wemby as a rookie so that our resources are devoted to him and our 3 sop res. 33 might be able to land us a pretty decent vet PG and 44 we could just sell away. As much as I like the idea of moving up into the first to grab someone, I don't think we need another development project along the lines of Blake Wesley.
    Not Blake Wesley kind of raw, but I think we should target some high potential prospect if the opportunity is there. Wemby and Sochan need developing but they're already contributors, Malaki as well though to a lesser extent. The only guys I'd say are projects are Wesley, Barlow and Bassey. I think landing Wemby doesn't bode well for Barlow though, he's a character kid with a number of interesting traits and I'd like to give him another year to see where he stands, but the sudden influx of power forwards in Sochan and Wemby (I think this is his ideal NBA ṕosition) will probably mean not many opportunities will be available to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yet another benefit of getting Wemby is that the Spurs are back in their comfort zone again -- late first round/early second.

No en led overpaid prima donnas in the 2-5 range. Picking that early is (unfortunately) a great equalizer that minimizes draft expertise.

The Spurs can once again go after raw projects like GG Jackson (and a ton of others) who may fall. More upside with less anxiety on the line -- I love it.
    I don't think we're quite there instantaneously, but Wemby should pull us out of the high lottery at the very least, probably in the 8-12 range next year (35-40 wins). As for GG Jackson, I don't know that he's the right fit for the Spurs. He's too young and too raw, and he may not be a contributor before his rookie deal is up, in which case using a first rounder on him would be a waste. Also he overlaps with Wemby, Sochan and Barlow, the latter of whom is already on the team and deserving of a chance. This is probably where scott's post above applies, in terms of not overdoing the project thing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs have any interest in Wemby's current teammate Bilal Coulibaly and what kind of relationship the two have. He seems to be projected in that 15-25 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think we're quite there instantaneously, but Wemby should pull us out of the high lottery at the very least, probably in the 8-12 range next year (35-40 wins).
    I'm just talking about draft position this year.

As for GG Jackson, I don't know that he's the right fit for the Spurs. He's too young and too raw, and he may not be a contributor before his rookie deal is up, in which case using a first rounder on him would be a waste. Also he overlaps with Wemby, Sochan and Barlow, the latter of whom is already on the team and deserving of a chance. This is probably where scott's post above applies, in terms of not overdoing the project thing.
    Why not just some throw some projects in the fire and let em fight it out -- see who can play and who wants to. Not so sure there's any need to overthink roster construction at this point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why not just some throw some projects in the fire and let em fight it out -- see who can play and who wants to. Not so sure there's any need to overthink roster construction at this point.
    Because if you can't offer at least the possibility of some playing time, it's conducive to a toxic environment, and that doesn't help development. I'm not opposed to the concept in a vacuum, but there's a limit to everything and at PF we probably reached it. Better to focus on other positions/archetypes IMO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if the Spurs have any interest in Wemby's current teammate Bilal Coulibaly and what kind of relationship the two have. He seems to be projected in that 15-25 range.
    they should absolutely try to get that kid. Swing for the fences type of pick, unless they have their eyes set on somebody else

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah I hadn't really processed this part yet. Struggling/tanking teams get into a vortex of bad salaries if they don't watch out. The Rockets will be paying pretty top salaries to Jalen Green and Jabari Smith and then whoever they pick this year. Their Sengun and Eason picks will be much more valuable in terms of salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m confident the spurs can find a George Hill type in the early 2nd

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Mavs got the 10th pick and probably not looking to draft someone to develop. Is there someone at 10 the Spurs like? Would u trade Keldon for the 10th pick if the Mavs are even interested? Or do we think Keldon is going to get even better?
    I think Dallas wants to get Ayton.

Thread Information