Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but you can only do it so many times.
    Yeah, I'm really only talking about one time, this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Though, TBH those far our SRPs will be valuable after you've got Wemby and Sochan on max extensions and you've got to fill out the roster. Older player SRP's will be valuable to managing the cap.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one will dare to go with anything less than A+. They don't have the balls to do so.
    At least we won't see the usual "steal of the draft" crap that highlights every single post-draft analysis when the Spurs are concerned. After Manu, Parker and Leonard they just assume we found diamond nobody else saw.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Terquavian Smith (6'4" combo guard, NC State) looks pretty good in the NBA Combine scrimmage. He can flat out shoot from long range and has some nice passes off penetration, also can wing it crisply from the perimeter. He's quick, moves with a purpose, tries on defense. A bit "elderly" at 20.4 years. The more you watch, the more you like. I keep amending this post -- this guy is just popping. (In fact, he's looking like Ja Morant without the guns.)

Some mocks have him going to the Spurs with the better second round pick. Bet he'll move up to the late first the way he's playing today.

Would be nice to get someone like him and an even higher-rated pick.
    Last edited by Russ; 05-17-2023 at 03:37 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Clutch Points: 2023 NBA Mock Draft 1.0: Post-Lottery edition after Spurs win Victor Wembanyama sweepstakes
    Brett Siegel, May 17, 2023 at 11:25 AM EDT
    I like Mitc in the 2nd round...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Mitc in the 2nd round...
    The problem with Mitc is he doesn't do anything when he's on the court -- he should have to pay for a ticket (as a Longhorn fan I'm afraid I gotta say that).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem with Mitc is he doesn't do anything when he's on the court -- he should have to pay for a ticket (as a Longhorn fan I'm afraid I gotta say that).
    He's about as raw as they get. You're betting on athleticism, character, and work ethic, but in the 2nd round its not a very big bet..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's about as raw as they get. You're betting on athleticism, character, and work ethic, but in the 2nd round its not a very big bet..
    You may be right. I'm rooting for him. He's got potential. But damn he just stands around and seems to move as far away from the ball as possible (on both O and D).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys and gals, we have a roster rapidly filling with prospects, we have Wemby, and there is a VERY good chance that we will have 3 FRPs again next year, ours, Charlotte's 1-14 protected and Toronto's 1-6 protected. I can't see us selecting and keeping a player with either SRP this year.

Our draft fruit
    Wemby
    Keldon
    Devin
    Sochan
    Branham
    Wesley

Guaranteed deals
    Zach
    Bassey
    McDermot
    Graham

Guys you may want to bring back or promote

Mamu
    Champagnie
    Barlow

That's 13 guys already, and assumes that we bring back NO one who's contract is expiring, and acquire no players in trades, which we really need to to hit the salary floor and get our luxtax payment next summer. That has to be done before the season, per the new CBA. They'll either waive Birch and collect insurance, or just waive him.

There's just not a lot of room, with 3 guaranteed FRP contracts getting added a year from now. Most second rounders of any talent won't sign a 2way, and they won't sign a one year deal.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three guys who could be available and i like

athletic inside guy, athletic, good shotblocker but can't or doesn't shoot, a little bit small at 6'9

Good offensive fundamentals, good IQ, could play the 3 and the 4

combo guard, good passer, can score and shot ( he's playing well at the combine tonight)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Guys and gals, we have a roster rapidly filling with prospects, we have Wemby, and there is a VERY good chance that we will have 3 FRPs again next year, ours, Charlotte's 1-14 protected and Toronto's 1-6 protected. I can't see us selecting and keeping a player with either SRP this year.

Our draft fruit
    Wemby
    Keldon
    Devin
    Sochan
    Branham
    Wesley

Guaranteed deals
    Zach
    Bassey
    McDermot
    Graham

Mamu
    Champagnie
    Barlow

That's 13 guys already, and assumes that we bring back NO one who's contract is expiring, and acquire no players in trades, which we really need to to hit the salary floor and get our luxtax payment next summer. That has to be done before the season, per the new CBA. They'll either waive Birch and collect insurance, or just waive him.

There's just not a lot of room, with 3 guaranteed FRP contracts getting added a year from now. Most second rounders of any talent won't sign a 2way, and they won't sign a one year deal.
    Good problem to have. (Not sure Barlow is an NBA player.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Three guys who could be available and i like

athletic inside guy, athletic, good shotblocker but can't or doesn't shoot, a little bit small at 6'9

Good offensive fundamentals, good IQ, could play the 3 and the 4

combo guard, good passer, can score and shot ( he's playing well at the combine tonight)
    I've said elsewhere that TJD would be great next to Wembanyama if Collins isn't playing with him. The Pacers need size, however, and have the late FRPs to grab their home state guy.

I don't have a strong feel for Jaquez.

Podziemski is looking great during the combine. Just knows how to play. I think he'll go in the 20-30 range.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Our draft fruit
    Wemby
    Keldon
    Devin
    Sochan
    Branham
    Wesley

Guaranteed deals
    Zach
    Bassey
    McDermot
    Graham

Mamu
    Champagnie
    Barlow

while we are probably going to have 2 or 3 guaranteed FRP next year, keep in mind that Birch, McDermott will be expiring, and Graham is de facto expiring. i dont know if they plan to extend zollins now or wait until he hits the market, but id have to assume he's a keeper. bassey also has no guarantees after this year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    while we are probably going to have 2 or 3 guaranteed FRP next year, keep in mind that Birch, McDermott will be expiring, and Graham is de facto expiring. i dont know if they plan to extend zollins now or wait until he hits the market, but id have to assume he's a keeper. bassey also has no guarantees after this year
    Right, but if we try to monetize them, chances are we have to take back some salary that may carry into 24-25. Most teams can't just absorb a 8 figure salary.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I would LOVE trace Jackson-Davis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good problem to have. (Not sure Barlow is an NBA player.)
    Agree he's not IMO. Would love to bring I'm a defensive guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Birch, McDermott and Graham are not players you need to play. Any draft pick they make, they'll need to find time for them, so this isn't simply a matter of roster spots so much as development time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Birch, McDermott and Graham are not players you need to play. Any draft pick they make, they'll need to find time for them, so this isn't simply a matter of roster spots so much as development time.
    i mean you literally need the roster spots

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i mean you literally need the roster spots
    Big if true.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Crazy idea, but one player I would be willing to trade a lot of draft capital for is Scoot Henderson, and I think he'll be available at Portland's #3 spot.
    I also think Portland will be shopping that pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    One kid I would like the Spurs to take a look at is Grant Nelson from NDSU - He is an athletic big 6’11 weighs 220 not to skinny one thing that stood out in the combine is he had the 3rd fastest Pro Lane Time “EVER” -9.99 that is crazy for anyone much less a big man.

Again I like Strawthers he had a good combine shot the ball well and like his measurements HT 6’6.5 - Wingspan 6’11.75

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sasser. He played 4 years at Houston, he's NBA ready (maybe not starter ready). Can shoot lights out and was a leading defender on the #2 defense in all of NCAA last year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan2150 has a really great selection there.

Either one of those guys would be a great addition.

Thread Information