Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    duncan2150 has a really great selection there.

Either one of those guys would be a great addition.
    Second this. In the second round, really want to try and get as many well-rounded players who drop either because of age or "non-elite" ceilings if at all possible. Playoff basketball is all about matchup hunting and you want as many guys who can't get played off the floor as possible. Spurs have plenty of first round picks (both their own and other teams') to try and get starters. In the early second round I'm trying to get the Grant Williams/ Kyle Kuzma/ Jared Dudley / Larry Nance Jr types who can be your 6-7-8 in a playoff rotation and won't get played off the floor.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could see them appreciating a high SRP having less contractual commitment. But if a team wants a bunch of SRPs then I’m not opposed to it. But in the 20s are we going to find a better option than Tre Jones or Graham. I think Graham could thrive next year in a complementary role. We’ll see.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Andre Jackson

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey is physical and can play the post. He does not move well, but at 7-4, it would be fun to see him and Wemby on the floor simultaneously.
    Surprised this isn’t a more popular opinion. I think he’d be perfect for our team and we probably wouldn’t have to give up any assets at all to get him. Dude is physical and can defend the paint well.

this is my choice personally.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surprised this isn’t a more popular opinion. I think he’d be perfect for our team and we probably wouldn’t have to give up any assets at all to get him. Dude is physical and can defend the paint well.

this is my choice personally.
    He is an absolute monster on offense. His PER was 40 last year. That's pretty alien all by itself. If you played him limited minutes, and always with Wemby as a rim protecting backstop in case of switches, he could beast.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He is an absolute monster on offense. His PER was 40 last year. That's pretty alien all by itself. If you played him limited minutes, and always with Wemby as a rim protecting backstop in case of switches, he could beast.
    Yup. I understand he wouldn’t fit on a whole lot of teams, but because we got Vic I think this move makes too much sense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some notes from the combine (per CBS and SI). did anyone actually get to watch any?

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2...t-impressions/

https://www.si.com/nba/2023/05/17/nb...dout-prospects

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    some notes from the combine (per CBS and SI). did anyone actually get to watch any?

Theres condensed highlights on YouTube of it, haven’t watched yet tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I only caught some of the Podziemski game and then the one after. Honestly there weren't a lot of great prospects playing. I think today may be different? But not everyone is playing in the scrimmages. Emoni Bates looked alright, too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Watched four hours on ESPN yesterday.

Hope Terquavian Smith plays again today -- he looked better than most featured in the videos above imo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of mocks have Bilal going in the 20s and maybe even later.
    I suspect he will move up the board as teams get a better look at him.
    The kid is still learning how to be 6'6" (grew 8 inches in two years) but you don't have to squint very hard to see the huge potential there.
    I can see the Spurs moving up to grab him if he's available in the 20's.

Dillon Mitc is an intriguing option in the 2nd round.
    He showed almost nothing his freshman year at UT but he is an incredible athlete so he could become something if given time.
    I'd be okay with the high upside/low floor swing at Mitc in that spot.

If we want a higher floor/lower ceiling guy I think Keyontae Johnson will be a solid bench guy in the NBA for a while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jalen Wilson seems a Spurs material

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey is physical and can play the post. He does not move well, but at 7-4, it would be fun to see him and Wemby on the floor simultaneously.
    I read this option somewhere as well the idea of it intrigues me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Nelson: I don't know if we need a 6'11'' kid with great handles for a big man, speed, shooting touch on mini sky hooks, but not so great defender perhaps. Willing to shoot from perimeter but not at a great percentage. Reminds me of a better shooting Barlow. Just sayin'.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nab a center at 33. Trade 44 for a future SRP like last year

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Edey seems like a meme. i mean, teams have tried this thing with boban and he couldnt stay on the floor. edey looks like a less skilled version

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tristan Vukcevic had a very nice combine also I was surprised he spoke Spanish so well in one of his interviews. He definitely comes across as Spurs material I could easily see a draft and stash and bring him over in a year or two.

Grant Nelson came out of no where for me he moves so well for someone his size and has speed and explosion - His shoot needs work and he needs to add some bulk not sure if he is going to come out or inter the pool and move to Kentucky or Kansas? One thing for sure if he works on his shooting he could easily be a top 10 pick next year that is how athletic the kid is..
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-18-2023 at 08:50 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brian Wright was interviewed during the draft combine and it was pretty entertaining.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Brian Wright was interviewed during the draft combine and it was pretty entertaining.
    This interview corroborates what timvp had previously reported.

1. The team puts a lot of stock in the draft combine.
    2. The team has been preparing for Wembanyama for a long time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    measurements from the combine are in. it turns out that amen's wingspan, of which there was some uncertainty about, is 7'0" (not that i care all that much anymore). rupert's wingspan really stood out and there were no measurements for coulibaly.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m curious how winning the lottery and knowing exactly who you’re taking at 1 changes how the Spurs allocate their time and resources for draft prep. I know they’re still meeting with top prospects, but can they really hammer away at late first and second round prospects to potentially increase their odds of hitting with those picks?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda like the idea of drafting James Nnaji at 33 if he’s available. Putting that tank next to wemby would be devastating to other teams lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lots of options for us trade up in the mid to late twenties using our second round picks an cap space, a couple of nice European players we could draft and stash, or just draft guys on our draft boards I like several for us in the second round

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kinda like the idea of drafting James Nnaji at 33 if he’s available. Putting that tank next to wemby would be devastating to other teams lol
    i know its such a thin center class, but man his game has next to no polish

Thread Information