Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that we know who we're picking in the first round, the only discussion to be had left is who we're picking in the second.

From the ESPN Mock Draft just released.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure we gonna move up into the late first round with the 33rd pick and all the future 2nds we got

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't want to burn all your future draft capital, but at this point you can really push for a player you want and move forward.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should move up into the first round and draft a PG.

They should not trade any of the Atlanta picks as those could be lottery picks while the Spurs are making the playoffs.

Having a top lottery pick as a playoff team is gold. I expect Atlanta to be bad when the Spurs get Atlanta's picks.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs should move up into the first round and draft a PG.

They should not trade any of the Atlanta picks as those could be lottery picks while the Spurs are making the playoffs.

Having a top lottery pick as a playoff team is gold. I expect Atlanta to be bad when the Spurs get Atlanta's picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the only real talented PGs available - who woudln't just be Tre-level - are Cason Wallace, Hood-Schifino, and Black. I don't think they can get into range to get Black, probably not Wallace, and I've fallen off my interest in JHS. He's talented but just has so much to work on. I don't see him leading a team in the near future.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    32. San Antonio Spurs: Marcus Sasser | 6-2 guard | 22 years old | Houston

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    33 Spurs
    Dariq Whitehead

SF
    – Duke – HT: 6-5 – WT: 220 – WING: 6-9 – Fr-
    Dariq is a 5-star talent but a second foot surgery will hurt his draft stock. Hopefully he can get back to full health and regain his form. McDonald’s Game MVP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if someone is dropping, you get semi aggressive with the assets like Charlotte and Chicago picks

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    jabari rice.......

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think if someone is dropping, you get semi aggressive with the assets like Charlotte and Chicago picks
    Oh this is so much fun. House money.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    can u post the full mock article.....

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any potential floor generals in the 2nd? Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade up and reach for Bilal coulibaly... Then sign or trade for a vet PG.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thread is tricky, because I think (and wish) there's a real chance the Spurs could move up to the 20s for a higher upside guy. In that case, my favorite would be someone like Dariq Whitehead or Kobe Bufkin, maybe Rayan Rupert or Bilal Coulibaly, But that's a different argument. If we do stay at #33 (since we surpassed Houston that's our 2nd rounder), then maybe at #33 Colby Jones, Strawther or Jaime Jaquez could be options, or at #44 it could be Judah Mintz, Adem Bona, Jordan Walsh or a Nnaji draft & stash.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Edey is physical and can play the post. He does not move well, but at 7-4, it would be fun to see him and Wemby on the floor simultaneously.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am taking Strawther with our 33rd pick - for our other pick I really like Arizona big man Azuolas Tubelis 6’11 or maybe draft and stash Tristan Vukcevic from Serbia. Don’t be surprised if they don’t take a swing at PG Isaiah Wong a PG from Miami
    Last edited by BackHome; 05-16-2023 at 11:12 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft Net has us taking Terquavion Smith 6-4, 165 Point Guard/Shooting Guard at 32 and Seth Lundy 6-6, 220 Shooting Guard/Small Forward at 44. Thoughts?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    NBA Draft Net has us taking Terquavion Smith 6-4, 165 Point Guard/Shooting Guard at 32 and Seth Lundy 6-6, 220 Shooting Guard/Small Forward at 44. Thoughts?
    Terquavion Smith pulled out last year hoping to advance his draft stock. It may have backfired, but he has talent that needs work. Might be too shoot-first, however, and he was low efficiency already. Can he scale down? Good AST/TO though.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He was a late first last year I think he will go late this year as he has some injuries that impacted his game but I still think he has first round talent he definitely is a bucket getter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm pretty sure we gonna move up into the late first round with the 33rd pick and all the future 2nds we got
    With Charlotte winning the second pick, I think their first has more value now in trades. I am much more confident that 33 and that pick could get 20 from the Warriors, especially with some future seconds added. GS traded away four of their seconds in other deals and probably need to restock their coffers. While giving up a high second and what is possibly a mid-first next year is a lot, the protections still keep the pick from being that great, and with the Spurs likely mid- to high-first and a similar pick from Toronto, they don't particularly need to sweat that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs just have so many tools to rebuild this team now that they got a high upside pick. Cap space, tons of picks and pick swaps, some desireable roster players. Just can't believe our luck. Heck, the 2nd round pick will be a player that was in the conversation as a first round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that you have Wemby, you don’t hoard assets if there’s someone you absolutely covet. The Spurs’ own picks aren’t as “must keep” after winning the lottery and as some have mentioned, I’d rather keep all of the other picks (other than next year’s first). Heck, even the Celtics swap late this decade is now that much more in play.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now that you have Wemby, you don’t hoard assets if there’s someone you absolutely covet. The Spurs’ own picks aren’t as “must keep” after winning the lottery and as some have mentioned, I’d rather keep all of the other picks (other than next year’s first). Heck, even the Celtics swap late this decade is now that much more in play.
    I'm way ahead of myself, but I could easily see Hawks imploding and giving us some lottery picks both, especially with those pick swaps. Just so many ways that this could go powerhouse.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With Wemby secured, I think in many ways it gives us flexibility to trade away these SRPs to consolidate and move up or add a vet contributor. We already have 3 second year guys on the squad, I'm sure the Spurs aren't too excited about adding 3 more rookies to the team. From a developmental perspective, part of me wants the Spurs to only bring in Wemby as a rookie so that our resources are devoted to him and our 3 sop res. 33 might be able to land us a pretty decent vet PG and 44 we could just sell away. As much as I like the idea of moving up into the first to grab someone, I don't think we need another development project along the lines of Blake Wesley.

Thread Information