Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Spurs love forever RobinsontoDuncan's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Can't figure out where this guy is going to go, but he stood out at the combine. That's usually something the Spurs pay a lot of attention to.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched some highlights of GG Jackson (since he’s now slated to go to San Antonio at #33 in ESPN’s latest mock), and to me, he looked like a homeless man’s Kevin Durant

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just watched some highlights of GG Jackson (since he’s now slated to go to San Antonio at #33 in ESPN’s latest mock), and to me, he looked like a homeless man’s Kevin Durant
    Feel like someone the Blazers would take in the late first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolutely atrocious effort on defense, lazy, doesn't chase back on turnovers (sound familiar?), tunnel vision, doesn't involve teammates, reportedly bad at ude and immature.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ESPN Latest Mock - non paywall link:

https://archive.ph/6V6G8

You can put any paywall article into the link below and hit enter and it will fully remove the paywall quick easy free:

https://archive.ph

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Would be one of my picks in the 2nd round. Smart player who I think will turn out to be a solid pro.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Walsh needs to improve shooting, especially, but he's a hard-nosed guy who just makes plays. I think he's underrated, but will need development.

Get Paycheck, Get Drunk HankChinaski's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Amari Bailey if he is on the board at 33.
    A lefty with a good euro step. Good defender. Needs to learn to finish more with his right but his mid range game is solid.
    Last edited by HankChinaski; 06-01-2023 at 03:04 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Amari Bailey if he is on the board at 33.
    A lefty with a good euro step. Good defender. Needs to learn to finish more with his right but his mid range game is solid.
    Many drafts have him in the 40s still and I think that's great value. He's very good defensively, hits a good percentage from range, if he doesn't even take two a game, needs to improve on some offensive skills.

Spurs fan in Las Vegas Drom John's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sportskeeda: NBA Mock Draft projections June 2023: Top 50 expected picks after latest withdrawals
    Adam Taylor, Modified Jun 05, 2023 14:36 GMT

#33 San Antonio Spurs - GG Jackson
    #44 San Antonio Spurs - Mouhamed Gueye

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bleacher Report: Latest Mock Draft with NBA Draft less than 1 month away
    Jonathan Wasserman, June 5, 2023 12:28 PM

33. San Antonio Spurs: Rayan Rupert (New Zealand Breakers, SG/SF, 18 years old)

Rupert will draw first-round looks just based off the appeal to long wings (7’2″ wingspan) with shot-making potential. Limited production in the NBL has also led to low confidence levels in scouts.

44. San Antonio Spurs: Sidy Cissoko (Overtime Elite, SG/SF, 19 years old)

Missing a signature skill hurts Cissoko, but his combination of secondary playmaking, capable shot-making and defensive tools should create enough versatility for Round 2.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    FanNation: 2023 NBA Mock Draft: Projected Picks Following the Withdrawal Deadline
    Matt Bab , Jun 2, 2023 8:00 AM EDT

33 Spurs Olivier Maxenee Prosper, Forward | Marquette | 6-foot-8 | 230-pounds | Draft Age: 20.9

44 Spurs Kobe Brown, Forward | Missouri | 6-foot-8 | 250-pounds | Draft Age: 23.5

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Last Word On Sports: Rex Foster’s NBA Mock Draft 4.0
    Rex Foster, June 5, 2023

33. San Antonio Spurs

Marcus Sasser | 6-1 Guard | 22 years old | Houston

44. San Antonio Spurs

Seth Lundy | 6-6 Wing | 23 years old | Penn State

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Rupert falling to 33 is a pipe dream but would be great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wow Rupert falling to 33 is a pipe dream but would be great.
    Tankathon lists his only two plus qualities as 'draft age' and 'wingspan.' I don't think he's going to go in the first round.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/rayan-rupert

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tankathon lists his only two plus qualities as 'draft age' and 'wingspan.' I don't think he's going to go in the first round.

I could see him falling to #33, I like him a lot but this draft is deep in wings

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rupert surviving the 20s could be possible I suppose since there are so many duplicate picks for teams or second or third picks for the same teams in that range.

If it was a more diverse selection group 20-30 Rupert probably goes. But you have BKN and IND picking twice, and second or third picks for POR, UTH, and CHA in that range. So smaller selection pool and if they didn't want Rupert it pushes him down. And who among those even needs a wing that needs time? And if they did they probably got a more talented one with an earlier pick then.

Maybe LAC wants to shore up injury prone personnel and takes Rupert at 30?

Yes good call, there is a unique layout of the late first that could be just the set of cir stances necessary for Rupert to drop. I think he would be a heist at 33 and someone the Spurs could mould as they do best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rupert surviving the 20s could be possible I suppose since there are so many duplicate picks for teams or second or third picks for the same teams in that range.

If it was a more diverse selection group 20-30 Rupert probably goes. But you have BKN and IND picking twice, and second or third picks for POR, UTH, and CHA in that range. So smaller selection pool and if they didn't want Rupert it pushes him down. And who among those even needs a wing that needs time? And if they did they probably got a more talented one with an earlier pick then.

Maybe LAC wants to shore up injury prone personnel and takes Rupert at 30?

Yes good call, there is a unique layout of the late first that could be just the set of cir stances necessary for Rupert to drop. I think he would be a heist at 33 and someone the Spurs could mould as they do best.
    Assuming no trades but that many teams having multiple picks in that range is encouraging from a trading into that area perspective.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coulibaly basically ate Rayan Rupert's lunch and dinner and then next morning's breakfast.

And yeah, def agree that there's a ton of guards in this draft already. And then the landscape in the 20s is fairly odd. You have some teams whose draft profiles are pretty clear, like Memphis and Clippers, and then some teams with multiple picks. If those multi-pick teams want to trade off, the acquirers probably aren't doing it to go long for Rupert.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or maybe the duplicate picks from the same team in 20-30 encourages a swing pick from one on Rupert where normally with only one shot, you'd pick something more tangible instead?

Agreed this is providing those teams with multiples don't offload outbound which seems more realistic. Can't see for example CHA loading up 5 selections and they have three early seconds too so something's gotta give. IND has 32 so it's three picks in a row late first to early second for them.

Also agreed that Spurs having 33 and the unique duplicate landscape of 20-30 seems optimal for a trade up into scenario for SA if someone they like is falling late. It's like 5 spots beyond realistic so a long shot, but if Bilal or say Bufkin is still on board at 22 and BKN already got their 21 I'm on that phone with a starting offer of 33 + 44 + future 2RP assortment to see if they bite. Counteroffer up with maybe the CHA 2024 FRP? I mean prob not hard to outbid that esp if there's someone still avail worth gunning for but willing to juice up the offer from there esp if it's Bilal inexplicably still around in the 20s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tough to see for ex BKN in a situation where they don't want 22 but DO want 33 + 44 and future seconds. Might have to absorb salary to get something done. But still agree that the mix is right 20-30 for some teams to be attentively listening to their phonecalls at least.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rex Foster, June 5, 2023
    Any of those selections at 33 look very good to me..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

cam whitmores only plus qualities there are age, 2pt%, and steals

hood-schafino has 0

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Rex Foster, June 5, 2023
    lundy will have same impact as jalen brunson.........games r similar......

Thread Information