Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223242531 ... LastLast
    Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That was more of the fact that he was behind Smart, White, and Malcom. Not saying he’s the answer, but he at least brings shooting from the position and seems to be available.
    He's not very good in an all arounnd player, that's why he didn't play.

Spurs need to do better.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I’m not so quick to write off someone who just last year played meaningful minutes in the NBA finals on a really good Boston team. It saying he’s Steph Curry or anything, but the bottom line is we need more shooting from the PG position next year.

Not sure what “doing better” looks like this off season given the options.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not outright. It’s the “arenas free agent” provision of the CBA

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2023/03/...20two%20years.
    Thanks. That was quite informative.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should a big run at Austin Reaves for the PG spot after he averaged 5.5 assists in the second half of last season.

Advanced stat comparison of Reaves Keldon and Dev.

Win Share Per 48 Minutes:

Reaves:142
    Keldon: 30
    Dev:51

OTRG:
    Reaves: 129
    Keldon: 108
    Dev: 110

VORP:
    Reaves: 1.2
    Keldon: 0.1
    Dev: 0.7

Go get Reaves. Easily the best non-Wemby player on the roster. He can play on ball and off ball which is prefect next to Wemby and he'll only be 25 next season. Fix the PG spot without mortgaging a bunch of draft capitol for unproven rookies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers have made clear they're keeping him.

Keldon is a Klutch Klient, however...

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Spurs should a big run at Austin Reaves for the PG spot after he averaged 5.5 assists in the second half of last season.

Advanced stat comparison of Reaves Keldon and Dev.

Win Share Per 48 Minutes:

Reaves:142
    Keldon: 30
    Dev:51

OTRG:
    Reaves: 129
    Keldon: 108
    Dev: 110

VORP:
    Reaves: 1.2
    Keldon: 0.1
    Dev: 0.7

Go get Reaves. Easily the best non-Wemby player on the roster. He can play on ball and off ball which is prefect next to Wemby and he'll only be 25 next season. Fix the PG spot without mortgaging a bunch of draft capitol for unproven rookies.
    I have no interest in paying a guy 100 million dollar contract based on one decent season. I’m not even sold that he’s gonna be that good on another team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is going after OG Anunoby with Keldon and 2 firsts and then going after Austin Reeves in free agency would be great off season?
    Reeves/Vassell/OG/Sochan/Wemby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is going after OG Anunoby with Keldon and 2 firsts and then going after Austin Reeves in free agency would be great off season?
    Reeves/Vassell/OG/Sochan/Wemby
    OG Anunoby isn’t worth that big of a haul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting OG is like 5 years too late

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting OG is like 5 years too late
    Right. We can see what he is, and it’s a starter level player, nothing really special. No way he’s worth multiple firsts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have no interest in paying a guy 100 million dollar contract based on one decent season. I’m not even sold that he’s gonna be that good on another team.
    Fortune favors the bold.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Reeves a PG now, or is this just more ST trying to manifest everyone into a PG?

I'd be down for Reeves, but I'd rather make a run at Micic if it were a choice between the two (which it's probably not)

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fortune favors the bold.
    It also buries teams in cap . I think it’s wise to be bold and take your swings with draft picks. Trades or FA signing should be about adding proven talent or specific team needs.

He’s an overpay at 100 million and there’s still questions about what you’re getting with him. Getting hot in one offseason isn’t enough for me to take that gamble.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Washington will keep Avdija.

That’s for sure indeed. But never mind, as someone said earlier, he’s not what we need.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lebron games affect, he's not that good. Solid player but if/when he goes to another team, all his weaknesses will be exposed-

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to think Kuzma will be a major target for the Spurs. And I’m guessing it won’t cost too much because I have a feeling be wants to play here for Coach Pop and with Wemby.

Not every day you could have potentially four 20 ppg scorers: Keldon, Wemby, Vassell, Kuzma, and maybe even Sochan.

I’d like to emphasize that I’m ok with this for the right price. I know people won’t like this move because of the potential cost.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m starting to think Kuzma will be a major target for the Spurs. And I’m guessing it won’t cost too much because I have a feeling be wants to play here for Coach Pop and with Wemby.

Not every day you could have potentially four 20 ppg scorers: Keldon, Wemby, Vassell, Kuzma, and maybe even Sochan.

I’d like to emphasize that I’m ok with this for the right price. I know people won’t like this move because of the potential cost.
    So how do you see him fitting? I assume a bench role?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So how do you see him fitting? I assume a bench role?
    Yeah, or starting. Tbh I don’t care who starts or who comes off the bench. The Spurs do a good job of putting egos in check and it’s basically assumed that if he signs here, he knows what to expect. I think it’s overstated how KJ might feel coming off the bench for example. From this point forth, the Spurs will be the team players will flock to for a chance to be part of something special, and they’ll do that at any cost including their potential role.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kuzma has been flirting with the idea of playing with Wemby for a while now. He appears to have a strong bond with Wemby and he is in France as we speak.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would rotations work with KJ/Sochan/Kuzma all vying for 3/4 minutes (where Wemby will be soaking up some of those 4 minutes)?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How would rotations work with KJ/Sochan/Kuzma all vying for 3/4 minutes (where Wemby will be soaking up some of those 4 minutes)?
    Play Wemby at 5 sometimes. Play Keldon at 2 sometimes, he actually played at 2 some last year. Play Sochan at 3 sometimes, he actually played a LOT of 3 last season.

the way I envision it is he will take KBD’s role (and eventually more of McDermott’s). KBD could never score as well as Kuz. Think of adding that type of production and replacing KBD’s.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I went and checked the season pages just to be sure, and none of the 4 modern GS championship squads had 4 20 point scorers. Two of them, the Durant ones, had 3, and two of them only had 2. The Heatles 4 year run had three years of two 20 point scorers, and one year of just LeBron.

Putting the ball in the hole isn’t our problem. We were historically, hysterically bad on defense, and Kuz doesn’t help that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs always have been connected to Kuzma rumors, I’d be interested tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I went and checked the season pages just to be sure, and none of the 4 modern GS championship squads had 4 20 point scorers. Two of them, the Durant ones, had 3, and two of them only had 2. The Heatles 4 year run had three years of two 20 point scorers, and one year of just LeBron.

Putting the ball in the hole isn’t our problem. We were historically, hysterically bad on defense, and Kuz doesn’t help that.
    Well, maybe dynasties begin when you zag when other times zig. That’s how the Spurs have always operated tbh. They paved the way for a lot of the things in the NBA and maybe the new norm will be to pile up on talented scorers around your cornerstone.

And before you respond with more stats, i’m not that invested in this. This is just an idea that’s being thrown out and I don’t truly know if it will lead to success. I just know one thing and that the idea of adding more talented scorers is an appealing thought.

Thread Information