Page 5 of 46 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I highly doubt that Boston will give him and Tatum the supermax. Tatum will get it, but Jaylen?
    Go Heat this series so they don't offer it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don't know where to put this, but Harden has declined his huge option for next year. Suns now expected to guarantee Chris Paul's salary, although I suppose they could trade him.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why do some people think J. Brown could be an option? He made an All NBA Team and if I remember correctly he can sign a supermax at nearly 300M/5Y with the Celtics now. He can't get that kind of money anywhere else, so he's not leaving Boston for a place where he'll be the second fiddle as well.
    Because it's highly unlikely Boston is going to really offer him that much money, because they also will have to supermax Tatum...and they are absolutely going to supermax Tatum sense the consensus is that he is better than Brown...

Toss in the extremely punitive salary taxes in the upcoming cba and supermaxing two players on your team is pretty much a deathblow to your roster construction.

White has one more year left on his deal and I would think the Celtics are going to want to keep some money available for him as well.

From a basketball perspective its a no brainer for them to sign Jaylen but from a financial sense if he demands the supermax or trade trade is the only option the money they will be paying him and tatum combined is crippling.

No player can ever get more than the team will offer them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jerami Grant PF Portland

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nate Duncan suggests Grant Williams as our primary target. I see his reasoning. Why not overpay for a couple years of Brook Lopez, if we're targeting a center? I'm not convinced we should target a center.

I'm still partial to taking this season to see what we have in some of our young players. I like our center rotation as it is, particularly assuming Wemby soaks up some of the minutes when opposing teams go small.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Grant Williams and Cam Johnson are definitely good options, but we'd have to move McDermott to open up playing time. Unless of course, we trade Keldon...

Doc
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People seem ready to see Keldon gone but he brings a lot to the team in terms of off-court chemistry and on-court energy. Who else is going to help Victor understand why people in San Antonio love country music so much? In game he hits big shots and isn't intimidated. I personally wouldn't want to let him go unless I knew we were getting something similar to that in return, or a truly massive talent upgrade. Black is intriguing, but if trading KJ I'd prefer a known commodity to a roll of the dice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't want a guy like Paul dominating the ball on a young team. The Spurs are trying out a bunch of guys in the lead role, and I think that's good for now. The team has purposefully removed structure from their offense. I've hated on that in the past, but you can't change it now when you got such a blue-chip perimeter prospect. Center is sooooo much more a need than PG. Acting like Bassey is a factor in the depth chart is ridiculous in my opinion. I like Barlow, but it's much harder to see what he'd do for the team long term now. The Spurs could easily fill the PG position with similar players with almost no investment. Re-sign Jones, draft a PG in the second and take a failed prospect from another team. Boom, you have the center position. Does that sound good? Of course not. But at least PG is a position that will be covered up by Sochan, Wesley and Branham playing minutes there. Center is just a wide open sore.
    You've always been one of my favorite posters, but you are sleeping on my man Bassey and hopefully one day you'll eat some crow!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Orlando cuts Issac, I think he's a good reclamation project.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl
    Harrison Barnes
    Jerami Grant
    Khris Middleton
    Rui Hachimura
    Joe Ingles
    Herbert Jones
    Dario Saric

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Orlando cuts Issac, I think he's a good reclamation project.
    He's got alot left of his contract, are there rumors they are going to waive him?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's got alot left of his contract, are there rumors they are going to waive him?
    Thought I had read about Orlando moving on from him potentially

Edit, guess he has 2 years left, but only 1 is guaranteed. So would be a trade.

Wonder if Suggs could be had as well in a trade. I don't know his game very well, but maybe fit?
    Last edited by lmbebo; 05-17-2023 at 09:41 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl
    Harrison Barnes
    Jerami Grant
    Khris Middleton
    Rui Hachimura
    Joe Ingles
    Herbert Jones
    Dario Saric

Poeltl -- Would definitely consider
    Harrison Barnes -- Yes
    Jerami Grant -- No
    Khris Middleton -- Yes PLEASE
    Rui Hachimura -- Yes
    Joe Ingles -- No
    Herbert Jones -- Would definitely consider
    Dario Saric -- No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You've always been one of my favorite posters, but you are sleeping on my man Bassey and hopefully one day you'll eat some crow!
    I admitted I was wrong about Collins, so I don't mind doing so about Bassey if that ever becomes justified. I think with Wemby on board, the standards for which players STers think the team should keep are going to change dramatically. Guys filling up in situations without talented compe ion aren't going to look nearly as foundational as they do now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want no part of Dame. The dudes game is disgustingly bad. I’m too tired to go into the details but tldr version is he is a chucker that plays zero defense and takes stupid shots.

I think I would want Austin Reaves for $20million a year. And Brooks for cheap from Memphis. Both are scrappy and play defense. Austin can shoot the ball while Brooks I think can shoot around 35-37% from ranger with us. I would look to unload salary (trade KJ) though and pick up a vet. We need some experience on the team. Klay would be ideal. The roster needs an overhaul.

But Reaves, Tre for PG
    Klay, Brooks, Vassell for SG/SF
    Sochan Wemby and Zach for Bigs is a nice place to start

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top centers are either too expensive (Poeltl back) or too expensive AND too old (Brook Lopez). But maybe we could take a look at someone like Mason Plumlee as a more reasonably priced big body to throw inside the paint and spare Wemby from taking the punishment, and help Zach Collins as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want no part of Dame. The dudes game is disgustingly bad. I’m too tired to go into the details but tldr version is he is a chucker that plays zero defense and takes stupid shots.

I think I would want Austin Reaves for $20million a year. And Brooks for cheap from Memphis. Both are scrappy and play defense. Austin can shoot the ball while Brooks I think can shoot around 35-37% from ranger with us. I would look to unload salary (trade KJ) though and pick up a vet. We need some experience on the team. Klay would be ideal. The roster needs an overhaul.

But Reaves, Tre for PG
    Klay, Brooks, Vassell for SG/SF
    Sochan Wemby and Zach for Bigs is a nice place to start
    Having the ability to make Lakers pay more to keep AR is worth it too.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Naz Reid would be a good C to pickup

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Having the ability to make Lakers pay more to keep AR is worth it too.
    That’s true. Jeanie is super cheap and doesn’t want to pay luxury tax at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top centers are either too expensive (Poeltl back) or too expensive AND too old (Brook Lopez). But maybe we could take a look at someone like Mason Plumlee as a more reasonably priced big body to throw inside the paint and spare Wemby from taking the punishment, and help Zach Collins as well.
    I've liked Plumlee for a long time. He's not perfect but he's a smart hustling player who does a number of things well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Poeltl
    Harrison Barnes
    Jerami Grant
    Khris Middleton
    Rui Hachimura
    Joe Ingles
    Herbert Jones
    Dario Saric

didn‘t even realize Herb Jones was a free agent. A lot of good suggestions tbh, but I‘d pass on Grant and I‘m not even sure if I‘d want Middleton at this point. Both are likely staying with their team

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rumor is a vet center and power forward. I think this is protect Wemby mode for the first 2 years of his career until his body adjust to NBA.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh this offseason FA sucks. Just save the money and give the current young players more playing time

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tbh this offseason FA sucks. Just save the money and give the current young players more playing time
    Think the new CBA no longer allows you to save money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Im sure there’s ways around it but I read that the spurs can’t keep their cap space like they did this last offseason, the NBA made a new rule I believe on having to use it.

Thread Information