Page 1 of 46 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who y‘all got? We got around 50 million in cap space.

Fred Van Vleet? Not a fan of paying him that much. The Suns want to unload CP3, but not sure if I like that since they don‘t have any first round picks left.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Austin Reaves

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think they cut bait with the cap space and sell it for assets. Just don't see splurging on an expensive name. Getting vet help, a George Hill type, might work. Really feel they may run with what they have (Tre and Graham) partly because they have other developing facilitators.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be looking to get in on some of these draft deals. Like if Portland is moving three to bring in vets, I'd be looking into taking some ballast for modest considerations.

I've made my interest in Poeltl clear and beyond him, Lopez. The center market isn't great beyond that.

In a world where they were to trade Keldon, Dillion Brooks would be interesting. I think he's a POS, but maybe getting run out of Memphis and embarrassed by Lebron might help him rein it in a bit. He's a good defender and a decent offensive player when it's clear he's not a star. Cam Johnson could fit a similar situation, though that would likely need to be a much bigger contract given his RFA status. Grant Williams would be cheaper, but he's more a firm PF and wouldn't make much sense with Wemby and Sochan. I have Trent as more of a lead guard than a point. I think unless the Spurs make a trade for a PG, Jones is back, and he's taking up a decent chunk of change.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3... Lillard... Lopez. All hard pass. We don't need old washed up pieces on this roster.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd be looking to get in on some of these draft deals. Like if Portland is moving three to bring in vets, I'd be looking into taking some ballast for modest considerations.

I've made my interest in Poeltl clear and beyond him, Lopez. The center market isn't great beyond that.

In a world where they were to trade Keldon, Dillion Brooks would be interesting. I think he's a POS, but maybe getting run out of Memphis and embarrassed by Lebron might help him rein it in a bit. He's a good defender and a decent offensive player when it's clear he's not a star. Cam Johnson could fit a similar situation, though that would likely need to be a much bigger contract given his RFA status. Grant Williams would be cheaper, but he's more a firm PF and wouldn't make much sense with Wemby and Sochan. I have Trent as more of a lead guard than a point. I think unless the Spurs make a trade for a PG, Jones is back, and he's taking up a decent chunk of change.
    I actually like Dillon. Yes he's dirty, but he would be loved here. He's not intimidated by anyone and brings some iness to the roster. And he'll probably be fairly cheap for a guy that can defend and shoot threes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    not many real options for spurs other than foward Mcdaniels so bringing back KBD should be a priority

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who y‘all got? We got around 50 million in cap space.

Fred Van Vleet? Not a fan of paying him that much. The Suns want to unload CP3, but not sure if I like that since they don‘t have any first round picks left.
    Don't like fvv too. But that will make raptors weaker and our pick better

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay the course and don’t over spend in weak FA or trade. If anything try to get into lottery and get your PG there imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some guys that the Spurs can target without going overboard - Josh Hart, Jalen McDaniels and of course, Block'ab Turtle, my favourite recent ex-Spur.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Stay the course and don’t over spend in weak FA or trade. If anything try to get into lottery and get your PG there imo
    This is the way.

And if we do go for a PG in the draft, go for a big body. If there isn't one, then let's have fun watching Devin and Jeremy develop as point forwards. Start setting the pace with young, long, tall, deathball rosters that spread the floor, cut, share, and shoot from distance. Make shorter players on opposing teams into defensive liabilities every night.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yup...Bring back kbd and jones...and move foward to see if they keep up the improvements

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Don’t bring back KBD.

go after Cam Johnson.

see what Keldon brings Ina trade.

see what you can do about point guard.

it’s to build, rebuild time is over.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no rush to trade Keldon unless you think his value is at its peak right now. he's going into year 1 of his 4 year deal. not only will his salary figures become less burdensome as the cap goes up, but his deal is even frontloaded,.

but if we are going to move keldon, the obvious types of guys to target would be PG or C provided we cant land one in FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trade for Dame Dolla

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    no rush to trade Keldon unless you think his value is at its peak right now. he's going into year 1 of his 4 year deal. not only will his salary figures become less burdensome as the cap goes up, but his deal is even frontloaded, and this isnt an offseason where we will be light on cap room anyway.

but if we are going to move keldon, the obvious types of guys to target would be PG or C provided we cant land one in FA.

I think you sell high, but don’t sell cheap.

point guard is an obvious need and no idea how they can improve that

center though, very easy, either keep Collins and Bassey, or move Collins and sign a Naz Reid who would fit perfectly.

need shooting desperately. That needs to be added. Veterans. Cam Johnson would be my first guy I’d go after. The fit is elite.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll still say the same I did long before the draft. Just run it back.

The next FA summer is way better. Obviously if there's a chance to get a legit star, do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree, but there's 0% chance of Lakers not matching our offer.

Best we can do is make sure they have to pay his max at 4/98, I think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm down to bring back Poeltl tbh. Always liked him and his fit with Wemby has been stated several times. No other FAs I'd be interested in unless they came at a discount.

Stay the course this upcoming season and see what you got.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm down to bring back Poeltl tbh. Always liked him and his fit with Wemby has been stated several times. No other FAs I'd be interested in unless they came at a discount.

Stay the course this upcoming season and see what you got.
    Spurs signing him back would surely raise sime eyebrows, it would somewhat destroy their credibility for other teams I guess.
    I also love the idea, but it's highly unlikely IMHO.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs signing him back would surely raise sime eyebrows, it would somewhat destroy their credibility for other teams I guess.
    I also love the idea, but it's highly unlikely IMHO.
    Eh, they've done it before and teams have still traded with them (Sean Elliot, Steve Kerr, Brent Barry).

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poeltl is a free agent, what’s so eye brow raising?

What am I missing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, they've done it before and teams have still traded with them (Sean Elliot, Steve Kerr, Brent Barry).
    spurs traded back for elliott and kerr

barry is the one they signed back, but wildly different situation from poeltl. the spurs gave the sonics a first in that deal, and the sonics waived barry, so its not like we "stole" him from anybody

here the raptors gave us a first (and two 2s) for jak

i mean its technically fair game, he's a FA, and they have the rights to pay him more than anybody else. but would definitely be frowned upon to snag him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Poeltl is a free agent, what’s so eye brow raising?

What am I missing?
    i think there would be speculation that the spurs pre-planned this contingency with poeltl... ie we are trading you now, but if xyz happens, you will sign back with us anyway. part of the raptors reasoning to send us the package they did was the goodwill that they can probably get a deal done to retain poeltl, and not for the spurs to try and snag him back

Thread Information