Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte already has LaMelo and would not want to drat Scott Henderson with the number 2 pick. What do you guys think about the following trade:

Spurs receive:
    - #2 overall 2023 NBA pick
    - mark williams
    - Kai Jones
    - unprotecting the 2024 1st round
    - 2026 first round pick
    - 2028 first round pick

hornets receive:
    - #1 overall 2023 nba pick

hornets don’t want two marque point guards in scoot and melo so they are looking to move out of that number 2 spot (either forward or backwards).

Spurs can use the second overall pick for scoot and mark Williams fills the 5 spot for us. Mark williams had a very promising rookie year. Spurs load up on more draft capital.

guys like wembanyama have a history of injury problems

yao Ming - foot injuries
    hasheed Thamebet - out of the league in 3 years
    ralph Sampson - injuries
    Chet holmgren - couldn’t even play a summer league game
    ishiah Austin - morphan syndrome
    KP - nice player but didn’t live up to the hype
    tako falls - playing in China
    Drink bleach

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No! You don’t trade an opportunity to have a generational talent like Kareem, a Magic, MJ, Timmy. It’s a loser at ude to be afraid of the glory that comes with it. This differentiates a great team from the rest. Lakers will always have Jerry West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Shaq. The Celtics, Russell, Bird. Bulls, MJ. The Spurs, Gervin, The Admiral, Tim Duncan and now Wembanyama! You don’t trade that opportunity. Are you crazy??

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No! You don’t trade an opportunity to have a generational talent like Kareem, a Magic, MJ, Timmy. It’s a loser at ude to be afraid of the glory that comes with it. This differentiates a great team from the rest. Lakers will always have Jerry West, Wilt, Kareem, Magic, Kobe, Shaq. The Celtics, Russell, Bird. Bulls, MJ. The Spurs, Gervin, The Admiral, Tim Duncan and now Wembanyama! You don’t trade that opportunity. Are you crazy??
    Not crazy....just trolling...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Charlotte already has LaMelo and would not want to drat Scott Henderson with the number 2 pick. What do you guys think about the following trade:

Spurs receive:
    - #2 overall 2023 NBA pick
    - mark williams
    - Kai Jones
    - unprotecting the 2024 1st round
    - 2026 first round pick
    - 2028 first round pick

hornets receive:
    - #1 overall 2023 nba pick
    Try this (after draft):
    Mark Williams
    Draft rights to #2 and #27 picks (they make them for the Spurs)
    Unprotected '24, '26, '28, '30 picks
    Unprotected swaps in '25, '27, '29 with any of the picks we have (they're guaranteed a first each year, just the worst of any pick the Spurs have -their own + others-).
    That's 1 talented youngster + 6 picks (#2 + #27 + 4 unprotected) + 3 unprotected swaps with ANY of the picks we have. Sounds tempting on paper given Charlotte can easily fumble the ball even with Wemby. However:
    1) Wemby is not only a perfect fit on the court, he's also a perfect culture fit.
    2) Nowadays every mediocre player expects to be paid like a superstar, so if you get 2 borderline all stars out of the bunch, they'll be harder to keep than 1 true superstar like hopefully Wemby could be
    So ultimately its quite a package but I'd pass. Probably the closest offer that would make me wonder is something like this from Orlando
    Banchero + Franz Wagner + Wendell Carter + 6 + 11 + as many unprotected 1sts and swaps as possible. That's on paper a crazy package. Tough one there, but probably pass as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 5 years we will look back and wish we jump started the rebuild with a twin towers of Kai Jones + Mark Williams, one of Scoot Henderson or (one of) the Thompson twins, and the highway robbery of the Charlotte Hornets in the amount of 4 additional first round picks and 2 or more pick swaps.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just getting embarrassing. The over reaction is incredible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just getting embarrassing. The over reaction is incredible.

just wait until the regular season carnival

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In 5 years we will look back and wish we jump started the rebuild with a twin towers of Kai Jones + Mark Williams, one of Scoot Henderson or (one of) the Thompson twins, and the highway robbery of the Charlotte Hornets in the amount of 4 additional first round picks and 2 or more pick swaps.
    Kai jones is a ing scrub that was over drafted after his failure first year, and is still playing summer league for the 3rd year in a row.

Thread Information