Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are forgetting that Houston is probably going to get two top picks in the 2024 draft - So they can upgrade pretty fast if they get lucky and get Sarr or Holland - for some reason I am pretty sure though they will come away with Donovan Clingan who I think will be a lot like Walker Kessler in Utah .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People are forgetting that Houston is probably going to get two top picks in the 2024 draft - So they can upgrade pretty fast if they get lucky and get Sarr or Holland - for some reason I am pretty sure though they will come away with Donovan Clingan who I think will be a lot like Walker Kessler in Utah .
    Their pick goes to OKC unless it's 1-4 and they get Brooklyn's. Depends on how good the Nets are.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sengun is a rugged physical skilled post player, but his defense is dog , and in spite of a pretty shot, not a great 3 point threat, or more than a passable FT shooter. He’s a dinosaur in today’s game and has no star potential.
    And yet at 21, the dinosaur dropped 25pt (11/18), 14rbd and 7ass on the spurs who had no business winning this game... I'd take it. Not to mention defense is an afterthought in today's NBA where 130 pt/game is routine and you can't touch anyone on defense... Spurs got like 3 phantom calls late in the 4th and in OT. It's all about the offense. But if you wouldn't have liked spurs drafting him, I definitely do... .He's just a rocket, that's his default for you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston loses their pick if it’s not in the top 4, and they just spent a ton of money making sure that it won’t be top 4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And yet at 21, the dinosaur dropped 25pt (11/18), 14rbd and 7ass on the spurs who had no business winning this game... I'd take it. Not to mention defense is an afterthought in today's NBA where 130 pt/game is routine and you can't touch anyone on defense... Spurs got like 3 phantom calls late in the 4th and in OT. It's all about the offense. But if you wouldn't have liked spurs drafting him, I definitely do... .He's just a rocket, that's his default for you.
    Spurs won because they outshot Houston from the 3 point and FT lines. That’s the modern game. Who cares if some chubby Turk goes off, and they lose? The post game should really only be used as a change of pace,and to kick out to shooters. Even a game as good as Sengun’s didn’t ultimately matter.

He’s a dinosaur looking up at the Wemby meteor.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs won because they outshot Houston from the 3 point and FT lines. That’s the modern game. Who cares if some chubby Turk goes off, and they lose? The post game should really only be used as a change of pace,and to kick out to shooters. Even a game as good as Sengun’s didn’t ultimately matter.

Yeah Primo is a far better contributor.

Believe.
    Post Count
    Does anyone think the Spurs will have a better record than Houston at end of season?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's a great strategy, betting on your opponent missing FTs and turning it over in the last 2 min, then the refs bailing you out. It's a HOU loss, not a spurs win, Rocks win this 9 times out of 10. Watch it again, spurs are very lucky with this one, HOU indeed misses 2 FTs, then a wide open potential game winner.. that's basketball, you gotta make shots, but spurs can't flex with this one. Statistically you'lll lose more than you'll win in that configuration.

And what kind of argument is that anyway? Winning or losing doesn't say it all about individual performances, you can have a great game personally and still lose. And Segun had a great game. Yes, he has to get better on the line and work on his shot, but what he does at 21 is still very solid.
    Last edited by JPB; 10-28-2023 at 09:40 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does anyone think the Spurs will have a better record than Houston at end of season?
    Houston is playing terrible I think they definitely will be tanking again they bitter as not getting the first pick....What is that saying "If your first don't succeed - Try and Try Again"..lol.......That is Houston

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston is playing terrible I think they definitely will be tanking again they bitter as not getting the first pick....What is that saying "If your first don't succeed - Try and Try Again"..lol.......That is Houston
    To be honest I would have been bitter as too if the Spurs missed the #1 pick. Just to know there was a guy like Victor out there not in a Spurs uniform, like Professor Lambeau having to know Will Hunting existed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Houston traded their 2024 1st round pick. It's top 4 protected.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To be honest, I hate the Rockets and I had nightmares of them getting the #1 pick.

But as is stands right now, I like the idea of the Texas Triangle being something again.
    Aside from the Dallas swap some years down the road (and me really disliking Kyrie), I'm ok with those two being good again...as I know we will be great come time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I guess almost everybody here thinks that

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Poor houston and Detroit
    Poor Spurs

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    We all know Wemby would have been wasted in Houston. That franchise has no direction. Same with Detroit. Those loser franchises didn’t need a reward.
    Oh bubba

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Goddamnit Pop.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nba literally wouldn't let the biggest prospect since LeLoser land in Houston or Detroit.

Christ..sport aside, imagine even having to live in Houston

What a hole

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    Nba literally wouldn't let the biggest prospect since LeLoser land in Houston or Detroit.

Christ..sport aside, imagine even having to live in Houston

What a hole
    Wemby is leaving as soon as he can

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is leaving as soon as he can
    not to Houston tho

My Team
    Houston Rockets
    Post Count
    not to Houston tho