Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The vet PG you really want is Michael Conley.

He has an odd situation. His full contract isn't guaranteed next year. If he's waived, the Wolves are on the hook for only like $15 of his $25 million salary. Except this doesn't help their cap numbers a ton and I think 100% they'd rather keep him after stupid-mouth gossipqueen DLo. Conley is a good leader, steady hand on the court, and clutch.

Just don't think you can prise him away.
    Why settle for the lesser player?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, I don't get why do you think this take should be "ignored as foolishness". Do you have something against taking market opportunities on hall of fame PGs?
    I do when they're obviously breaking and slowing down when they've already been breaking down for years and they're also approaching 40 and they've never shown themselves to be a mentor other than being a prick to guys who he thinks don't want to win.

I wonder how prickly he'd be under a Pop tutelage.
    He'd also tell all of the Spurs players to take as much money as they can at all opportunities and F the team.

I tell you, I can't wait to have that on the team!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I do when they're obviously breaking and slowing down when they've already been breaking down for years and they're also approaching 40 and they've never shown themselves to be a mentor other than being a prick to guys who he thinks don't want to win.

I wonder how prickly he'd be under a Pop tutelage.
    He'd also tell all of the Spurs players to take as much money as they can at all opportunities and F the team.

I tell you, I can't wait to have that on the team!
    He breaks down in the playoffs, we don't need to care about that just yet. The rest is just speculation from you guys rooted on a clear disgust for the guy.

I can understand not wanting to add Paul so as to not take minutes away from the young guys, but prefering to add Conley over Paul, just because you find the former more likeable than the other is dumb, imho. If the Spurs were to add a veteran PG, they should aim at the better player possible, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He breaks down in the playoffs, we don't need to care about that just yet. The rest is just speculation from you guys rooted on a clear disgust for the guy.

I can understand not wanting to add Paul so as to not take minutes away from the young guys, but prefering to add Conley over Paul, just because you find the former more likeable than the other is dumb, imho. If the Spurs were to add a veteran PG, they should aim at the better player possible, imho.
    You guys. Can you generalize any harder?
    Facts are facts and you can live in some sort of fantasy land where he's not an aging, broken PG.
    I said nothing about Conley.

CP3 is not the player for this team at this juncture.

Sorry.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You guys. Can you generalize any harder?
    Facts are facts and you can live in some sort of fantasy land where he's not an aging, broken PG.
    I said nothing about Conley.

CP3 is not the player for this team at this juncture.

Sorry.
    Your problem seems to be that you think I want Paul to be some kind of piece for the future, where I just want him as a stopgap for a year or two to teach the young guys how to play the pick and roll and get Wemby some easy baskets, and not suck as bad as this past season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your problem seems to be that you think I want Paul to be some kind of piece for the future, where I just want him as a stopgap for a year or two to teach the young guys how to play the pick and roll and get Wemby some easy baskets, and not suck as bad as this past season.
    Well good luck with that reality coming to fruition.
    Salud.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Paul has a history of wearing out welcomes and marginalizing his non buddy teammates throughout his career. He is well known as the union rep who negotiated a deal that benefitted himself and his superstar buddies while screwing over the rest of the players, who are players who voted for him to do a professional job representing them.

He had zero examples of mentoring any young point guards. I can’t think of one who improved their pnr game playing with Paul.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only aging mentors I want for this upcoming season is Duncan, Manu and or Parker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why settle for the lesser player?
    Younger, better defender, better shooter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe where Paul got the rep to some as mentoring younger players is from his stint in OKC when a mostly young team overpeformed while he was there. Count me on the side that wishes him well but does not want him on this team. I do buy into the theory he would be harmful to team chemistry. He needs to go play with other 30+ players.

(edited to add) someone commented on how Pop would handle him and my thought is he is who he is at age 38 and Pop is not going to "change" that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, it is expected for people that think Wemby could play as a PG to disagree with me, tbh.
    And the bad takes keep on coming.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And the bad takes keep on coming.
    That wasn't even a take.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've got to create content. Here is content.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    1. What’s next for Chris Paul?
    Just a few hours before Game 3, the NBA world was rocked by the news that the Phoenix Suns might move on from point guard Chris Paul this offseason; he might get waived, stretched, or traded. If the Suns do move Paul, sources around the NBA are whispering about three potential destinations: the Clippers, the Lakers, and the Spurs.

Russell Westbrook’s success with the Clippers showed the formula for having a ball-dominant point guard set up Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, so a Lob City reunion for CP3 would make the most sense for basketball reasons. Though it’d be pretty strange to see him return.

RELATED

San Antonio would be a fascinating fit, and it’s probably my favorite one overall. Paul could make life easier on offense for Wembanyama and serve as a mentor who can teach him the ways of the pick-and-roll. Paul was immensely beneficial for Deandre Ayton, instructing him how to set screens at certain angles and read the defense. But Wembanyama could be even more of a sponge. Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, and Jeremy Sochan would also benefit from Paul’s creation, so with CP3, plus some other moves, the Spurs could compete for the playoffs.

Paul’s preference appears to be staying on the West Coast, though. But Sports Illustrated’s Chris Mannix says the Celtics, Heat, and Grizzlies could also pursue him.

While I haven’t heard whether they’re interested yet, the Bucks and Sixers (if James Harden leaves) would also have to consider calling. Milwaukee (and Boston, for that matter) would likely need to sign Paul after he’s bought out, not acquire him via a trade, because his $30.8 million contract complicates salary matching. Of these East contenders, Philadelphia is the most interesting destination for Paul, though only as a Harden replacement.

Depending on how the next few weeks unfold, we could witness a game of point guard musical chairs. We’ll see where the Point God lands.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/6...damian-lillard

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That wasn't even a take.
    Your premise was that "people who disagree with you think Wemby is a PG."

It's a take. Congratulations.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    San Antonio would be a fascinating fit, and it’s probably my favorite one overall. Paul could make life easier on offense for Wembanyama and serve as a mentor who can teach him the ways of the pick-and-roll. Paul was immensely beneficial for Deandre Ayton, instructing him how to set screens at certain angles and read the defense. But Wembanyama could be even more of a sponge. Devin Vassell, Keldon Johnson, and Jeremy Sochan would also benefit from Paul’s creation, so with CP3, plus some other moves, the Spurs could compete for the playoffs.
    " but he never mentored anyone "

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah so he's just speculating as a fit, not any actually story of interest

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your premise was that "people who disagree with you think Wemby is a PG".
    Not only a PG, a SF too. And they think he would be a great fit next to non-shooting players. Those are usually the guys that tend to disagree with me, yeah.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not only a PG, a SF too. And they think he would be a great fit next to non-shooting players. Those are usually the guys that tend to disagree with me, yeah.
    So you double down on the stupid. I am now waiting on you trying to make the issue about some inane premise and then insist on it over and over again.

The only take people have IRL is along the lines of your general foolishness and nothing to do with your fantasies about being victimized by basketball takes. You are the one seen as posting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So you double down on the stupid. I am now waiting on you trying to make the issue about some inane premise and then insist on it over and over again.

The only take people have IRL is along the lines of your general foolishness and nothing to do with your fantasies about being victimized by basketball takes. You are the one seen as posting.
    You seem like the type of person that tends to disagree with me, tbh.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a how good he was, how good he is, or what he can give to the Spurs. He's a little and I'd consider not rooting for the Spurs if he wore their jersey.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't give a how good he was, how good he is, or what he can give to the Spurs. He's a little and I'd consider not rooting for the Spurs if he wore their jersey.
    On the one hand the thought of a leader whining to the refs constantly, playing dirty, and flopping all the time makes me sick. On the other hand I love Tim, Bowen, and Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would hate to see this jagoff in silver and black.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    CP3 is the best vet out there to accelerate Wemby's development. If this guy is going to have a short career, how fast he gets to his early peak is everything.

Thread Information