Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we given up on Blake Wesley? What are yalls thoughts on his potential?
    After last year's summer league, some local analysts called him a future all star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.sny.tv/articles/knicks-o...2023-nba-draft

I thought this article was pretty interesting. I don't care about the Knicks, but the tangential threads in there on the new CBA made it worth the read. One of the more interesting points was that the trade market is going to be substantial this summer because of how the new CBA is going to make it so difficult for high salary teams to make moves the following summer.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not worth considering. This is not NFL, such thing simply doesn't happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up picks is fine by me but the best part of the last couple years has been our ability to build a ready made team that just needed it’s number 1. Keldon and Vassell have shown both to be cultural and chemistry fits. There is no reason to move either of our two highly productive players that are young and have put in significant time in our system.

We’d be smart to keep things intact unless it’s for a proven and significant upgrade. IE Celtics Brown…
    Brown is a bozo, a flat Earther, and is chaffing at being #2 in Boston, which is exactly what he would be here. Hard pass.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Vassell is real deal Keldon overrated not good. Ship him while value high with 20 point average because of shot attempts on bad team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about this, but the spurs would likely have to be the one providing picks in a 3 team trade. Outside of McDermott, they don't really have championship role player contributors.

If that's the case, Thunder might be able to offer the better now deal in that regards. They have a couple main ball handlers already so one would have to go so not sure it fits but maybe they love him and think he's a missing piece.

Spurs definitely have the assets to get involved , but not the players the blazers will be looking for.
    You people really haven't figured out what we have yet. We don't need a main ball handler. Wemby is the main ball handler. He does not need a PG to set him up like Tim did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You people really haven't figured out what we have yet. We don't need a main ball handler. Wemby is the main ball handler. He does not need a PG to set him up like Tim did.
    Referring to the thunder.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This. Keldon + 4 FRP’s still prob wouldn’t be enough unless they found a bidder willing to trade a legit All-Star for those picks. Highly unlikely though.
    Nah. That would definitely get it done. I would think we can do for less. Also Getting pick 9ish to get Black who is a better pick and roll player with Wemby and great defender maybe the play. Two first rounders and Keldon definitely gets that done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to run him down like what Dallas is doing with Luka and what Houston did with Harden? LeBron found success when he let another player handle the ball handling. All the past greats who won anything did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Referring to the thunder.
    You're referring to the Thunder as a possible deal for a main ball handler. We don't need one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the one hand, Portland is going to see a bidding war for him. Teams are going to pay through the nose.

On the other hand, while the Spurs may need a second star, Scoot is a high usage player who needs the ball in his hand. We don't know how he'd work in a motion offense where he needs to read-and-react instead of doing the Harden ball-control thing. I don't really want to limit Wemby's touches to get Scoot touches.
    THIS

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously we’d need a 3rd team involved to make Scoot happen, but I think he’s going to be that good.
    You need at least two stars to win les, and Scoot and Wemby could be compatible because they occupy such different roles and could develop together. That PNR would be sick.

I agree with posters who think pairing Wemby w a good point guard is important for his early development.
    Blake Wesley won’t be ready to run point for at least a few years.
    His outside shot is erratic and he hasn’t found a way to finish at the rim yet either.
    Tre Jones might be ok just because he does traditional PG things but he’s really an ideal backup PG.
    CP3 is not an insane idea.
    Van Vleet would work but is he worth the cost w those injuries ? Probably not
    Scoot is the dream for me but it might be too pricy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I want a pure PG rather and a Rose esk player.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Probably should draft Scoot #1
    Or have Wemby spend the summer at Waffle Huse

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably should draft Scoot #1
    Or have Wemby spend the summer at Waffle Huse
    This fat kid is Jokic 2.0 tbh

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh. He's also like 300 lbs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nonsense. Wemby is too tall, and not quick enough, to be a main ball handler. If he tries a lot of dribbling around, the NBA ball hawks will shred him.

Tim damn sure needed Tony, and Wemby damn sure needs a pg who can dribble from point A to point B without getting the ball stolen.

Scoot would be a bad pairing, tho. He doesn’t shoot well enough from range. 27.5%. His defender could sag, and make Wemby’s life tougher in the middle.

Wemby needs a point guard who is a threat from the arc, to help open up the middle for Wemby to operate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nonsense. Wemby is too tall, and not quick enough, to be a main ball handler. If he tries a lot of dribbling around, the NBA ball hawks will shred him.

Tim damn sure needed Tony, and Wemby damn sure needs a pg who can dribble from point A to point B without getting the ball stolen.

Scoot would be a bad pairing, tho. He doesn’t shoot well enough from range. 27.5%. His defender could sag, and make Wemby’s life tougher in the middle.

Wemby needs a point guard who is a threat from the arc, to help open up the middle for Wemby to operate.
    You can get that from any shooting guard.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    exstatic with the dumb takes per par. We should probably still try to get Jalen Smith for 30 million according to him

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby the main ball handler?

With his high dribble he'll get the ball stolen over and over in the NBA if you want him dribbling the ball all over the place.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Charlotte takes Miller #2 Portland obviously has a problem. Everyone assumes that they trade the pick to help Dame out now, but they may want their cake and eat it too. Dame is at the end of his career so they may want to get his replacement. That would likely make Anfernee Simons the odd man out. Jerami Grant turned down their max extension offer during the season so there is no guarantee they will be able to re-sign him. A Keldon Johnson + a FRP might bring in someone who could really blossom as a PG.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Scoot actually shot 32.4% from 3 in the G League which is actual NBA distance as opposed to the college 3 which is 2 to 3 feet shorter. He has shown marked improvement as a 3 point shooter and will likely end up as average NBA 3 point shooter. One reason I'd love to go after him if it were at all feasible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 1st round picks for an unproven player is nuts.
    I agree tbh, but that horrendous Rudy Gobert trade last year by Minnesota really set the trade market and that bleeds over into the draft. It cost ATL 3 FRP’s for Dejounte, though he was a proven All-Star caliber player. Scoot has that kind of potential though.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Only if it cost us nothing more than Keldon and some first rounders. I think Scoot will be very good so I'd be willing to do Keldon and the ATL picks...but those might turn out to be nothing so no way that gets us Scoot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree tbh, but that horrendous Rudy Gobert trade last year by Minnesota really set the trade market and that bleeds over into the draft. It cost ATL 3 FRP’s for Dejounte, though he was a proven All-Star caliber player. Scoot has that kind of potential though.

Yeah, but those were proven players. Not a unpicked prospect.

Thread Information