Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ is on a team friendly deal with the cap expected to e. He has good chemistry with Vassell and Sochan. I wouldn't break that up. I'd give back the Hornet's protected pick (to the Hornets) and give them one of Atlanta's unprotected pick. Give them McDormett and take any bad contracts from them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot actually shot 32.4% from 3 in the G League which is actual NBA distance as opposed to the college 3 which is 2 to 3 feet shorter. He has shown marked improvement as a 3 point shooter and will likely end up as average NBA 3 point shooter. One reason I'd love to go after him if it were at all feasible.

That does sound better. I haven’t followed much discussion of Scoot, just some here and there, because I didn’t expect the Spurs to draft that high. I’m such a pessimist. Lol

But yeah, IMO the Spurs need a “real” point guard, who can run a complete offense, and who shoots at least league average (so his defender won’t sag.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You want to run him down like what Dallas is doing with Luka and what Houston did with Harden? LeBron found success when he let another player handle the ball handling. All the past greats who won anything did.
    Going to be more like what Denver does with Jokic with Murray bringing the ball up but once we get into a set Wemby is the primary person making decisions with the ball in his hands

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Charlotte takes Miller #2 Portland obviously has a problem. Everyone assumes that they trade the pick to help Dame out now, but they may want their cake and eat it too. Dame is at the end of his career so they may want to get his replacement. That would likely make Anfernee Simons the odd man out. Jerami Grant turned down their max extension offer during the season so there is no guarantee they will be able to re-sign him. A Keldon Johnson + a FRP might bring in someone who could really blossom as a PG.
    I actually think if Portland gets word that Charlotte is going to pass on Scott...they just trade Dame for whatever and they start over with Sharpe and Scoot as they backcourt.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Going to be more like what Denver does with Jokic with Murray bringing the ball up but once we get into a set Wemby is the primary person making decisions with the ball in his hands
    So, sort of like how Duncan was used. Yes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 1st round picks for an unproven player is nuts.
    Cause 4 1st round picks are more proven?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Johnson isn't worth a third pick, not even with future draft capital attached, since too much of it is too far off to have a sense of the quality of it.

I actually think if Portland gets word that Charlotte is going to pass on Scott...they just trade Dame for whatever and they start over with Sharpe and Scoot as they backcourt.
    That's what they should do. What they likely will do, is offer 3 + Simons and maybe another 1st for Bridges and maybe Thomas.

Since a Henderson-Simons back court is too small defensively, the Nets should try to pull in a third team (Magic?) and get back better fitting youth/draft capital.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree tbh, but that horrendous Rudy Gobert trade last year by Minnesota really set the trade market and that bleeds over into the draft. It cost ATL 3 FRP’s for Dejounte, though he was a proven All-Star caliber player. Scoot has that kind of potential though.
    Just because they jumped off a cliff doesn't mean we have to follow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot would require too much in a trade imo. I'd target Immanuel Quickey before I'd make a run at Scoot. Quickley is still young, undervalued, inexpensive, and has the chance to be very good-- and even if he doesn't evolve into "very good," he's established for three straight years that he has a big net positive impact on winning. Plus the Knicks are overloaded at the guard positions, and might just be dumb enough to trade him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah come on, 4 or 5 picks for Scoot is pure craziness. If at least, there were signs he could be a lethal 3pt shooter but he's no generational talent. I mean I didn't want the guy with our first so 4 FRPs for him is mad. You're buying hype and hope for that haul, with no clear signs he'll really dominate.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot would require too much in a trade imo. I'd target Immanuel Quickey before I'd make a run at Scoot. Quickley is still young, undervalued, inexpensive, and has the chance to be very good-- and even if he doesn't evolve into "very good," he's established for three straight years that he has a big net positive impact on winning. Plus the Knicks are overloaded at the guard positions, and might just be dumb enough to trade him.
    Not a good enough ball handling/play making to be a starting PG unless you have a wing or Jokic to render that moot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot at #2 is too expensive and his potential for bust is high. I rather they package for Anthony Black at #6-10. Bigger and better defender. Also we don’t want a ball dominant PG to pair with Wemby.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exciting times but a lot of crazy ideas in this thread as far as I can tell. Why would we put all our chips on the table before Wemby even plays one game? And for someone unproven? That’s bold.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot at #2 is too expensive and his potential for bust is high. I rather they package for Anthony Black at #6-10. Bigger and better defender. Also we don’t want a ball dominant PG to pair with Wemby.
    I would definitely like that as it would be a lot cheaper and probably better for our team as he could play 1-3. But in all honesty I am cool going into next season and seeing with my own eyes how Wemby plays and what looks good around him. Also, want to see the growth of our other first rounders you know they extra pumped knowing they going to get a lot more TV time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exciting times but a lot of crazy ideas in this thread as far as I can tell. Why would we put all our chips on the table before Wemby even plays one game? And for someone unproven? That’s bold.
    They’ve been scouting this kid the last 5 years, and with TP and Bobo out there with first hand look. Yeah, they know what they’re getting. The PATFO would not have decided to trade all its chips, tank like they did, if they were not sure what they could potentially be getting. Now they have 50 FRP’s, no non-movable contracts, good young assets, in great position to make whatever move to pair with Wemby, because they know exactly what they’re getting.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot is gonna cost a lot in assets, cost a lot in salary, and may not match a need. He was at a 30% USG rate in the G-League and Wemby is likely gonna be around the same.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still can't believe we got Wemby. I'll have to wait for his first minute on the floor with a spurs jersey to really realize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we given up on Blake Wesley? What are yalls thoughts on his potential?
    not giving up, but also not considering the position solved just because he's on the roster. bring in compe ion. a surplus of talent is a good problem to have

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley might do it as a back up PG, or third string I don't know, but I really don't think he can be a starter in this league (on a non tanking team)
    Last edited by JPB; 05-18-2023 at 08:22 PM.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is a good distinction. We really don’t want a ball dominant pg. particularly a ball dominant scoring pg. Black looks like the perfect fit but I wouldn’t give up Keldon. We have a productive core worth keeping until something significantly bigger is available.

I have no issue packaging up picks for Black. I don’t even mind over paying for Black. Just not Keldon, Vassell, Sochan and probably not Malaki either.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would have gladly taken Scoot at 2 but im not a fan of mortgaging so much of the draft capital that we've build up for him. i'd be much more in favor of a more modest deal to move up for anthony black depending on where he falls. all these picks we have could also be used to acquire established players who we know can come in on day 1 and be good players

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley might do it as a back up BG, or thir string I don't know, but I really don't tnik he can be a starter in this league (on a non tanking team)
    he's still so young that we have no clue what he will look like at age 24, 25, etc

but im not closing the door on going after starting PG talent just because he's under contract

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a good enough ball handling/play making to be a starting PG unless you have a wing or Jokic to render that moot.
    I think eventually we will have exactly that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More seriously, the limits Blake showed this year seem unsurmountable to me for him to really be a relevant player. He's not just mediocre in the paint and at finishing at the rim, he's terrible, clueless and lost. He may get a bit better but not enough to really matters imo. He's starting from too far, scratch basically.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i would have gladly taken Scoot at 2 but im not a fan of mortgaging so much of the draft capital that we've build up for him. i'd be much more in favor of a more modest deal to move up for anthony black depending on where he falls. all these picks we have could also be used to acquire established players who we know can come in on day 1 and be good players
    No argument there. Honestly we have no idea who the FO is even interested in at this point. For me. Thankfully the FO is shrewd.

We need that more than anything right now.

These teams that make big moves rarely end well.

Thread Information