Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot is likely falling to the 3rd spot held by Portland, but the blazers want immediate help for Dame, so they will be shopping that pick.
    What is the price on that pick?
    Can we turn a young player like Keldon and some of our future FRPs (maybe Chicago and Charlotte picks) into Scoot?
    Perhaps a 3rd team would need to be involved.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Giving up picks is fine by me but the best part of the last couple years has been our ability to build a ready made team that just needed it’s number 1. Keldon and Vassell have shown both to be cultural and chemistry fits. There is no reason to move either of our two highly productive players that are young and have put in significant time in our system.

We’d be smart to keep things intact unless it’s for a proven and significant upgrade. IE Celtics Brown…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I thought about this, but the spurs would likely have to be the one providing picks in a 3 team trade. Outside of McDermott, they don't really have championship role player contributors.

If that's the case, Thunder might be able to offer the better now deal in that regards. They have a couple main ball handlers already so one would have to go so not sure it fits but maybe they love him and think he's a missing piece.

Spurs definitely have the assets to get involved , but not the players the blazers will be looking for.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i wouldn't trade keldon to a div rival that's bad juju. I don't know what the spurs feel about scoot, vis a vis future young vets who might be available to a team looking to blow up, or free agents.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh and I do think it would be worth the move. Wemby will not play a full season. He will sit a lot and conveniently we have a good set of young bigs who can fill that big man void. It'd be nice go have another young star to be in there when he can't.

Of course the odds aren't high but Scoot and wemby in the same draft would be amazing. Not sure where scoot would be on that process as he may want to be that no.1 that wemby will be on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No. Juice ain't worth the squeeze it'd take to get him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Scoot would be nasty, but I doubt we can get that pick by offering Keldon and draft picks. Blazers are probably looking for an All-Star caliber player to pair up with Dame

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd do it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby and Scoot would be nasty, but I doubt we can get that pick by offering Keldon and draft picks. Blazers are probably looking for an All-Star caliber player to pair up with Dame
    This. Keldon + 4 FRP’s still prob wouldn’t be enough unless they found a bidder willing to trade a legit All-Star for those picks. Highly unlikely though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On the one hand, Portland is going to see a bidding war for him. Teams are going to pay through the nose.

On the other hand, while the Spurs may need a second star, Scoot is a high usage player who needs the ball in his hand. We don't know how he'd work in a motion offense where he needs to read-and-react instead of doing the Harden ball-control thing. I don't really want to limit Wemby's touches to get Scoot touches.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've seen packages thrown around with Siakam in it. Those packages would win over Keldon.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Getting the second or third pick would be too expensive in terms of assets. I would think 5-6 might be more probable depending on if there is a player that they love.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [QUOTE=cd98;10894996]Getting the second or third pick would be too expensive in terms of assets. I would think 5-6 might be more probable depending on if there is a player that they love.[/QUOTE

Pretty much what I was thinking and why I've never bothered to even entertain it. It's going to cost way too much to get the 2nd or 3rd pick. I don't think I'd want to give up all those first round picks, plus one of our young players for that.

A lot of these posts these past couple of days are getting a bit delusional.
    Last edited by Ice009; 05-17-2023 at 09:12 PM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    4 1st round picks for an unproven player is nuts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In next 4 drafts after this year’s Spurs could have multiple high lotto picks thanks to Hawks, Bulls, and Raptors.

I get win now but a take it slow approach could yield something dynastic or better.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The problem isn't that we couldn't put together a fair offer (Keldon + 4 good firsts sounds crazy to me), but that we don't have WHAT PORTLAND IS SUPPOSEDLY LOOKING FOR, which is WIN NOW PLAYERS. Keldon doesn't move the needle for Portland, if that's the way they're going (not the direction I'd go, BTW) then they'll receive better offers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In next 4 drafts after this year’s Spurs could have multiple high lotto picks thanks to Hawks, Bulls, and Raptors.

I get win now but a take it slow approach could yield something dynastic or better.
    bulls and raptors picks have protections so they cant be that high. especially bulls pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like Ariel said, they don't want picks. They want win-now quality players.
    All Stars. That's the whole point of them wanting to trade out.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would trade every ATL pick for Scoot. If you can guarantee that one of those picks are top 3? Yea, I’m taking that and running.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot has potential to become Ja Morant.

Wouldn't mind trading away anyone on the roster now and including draft picks. But it is hard to predict Scoot will be the #2 or #3 pick but both asking price will be really high.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scoot did say he was still willing/wanting to meeting with Spurs to make his pitch to them at one. Freakin love that confidence.

I’m kinda feeling CHA may still take Scoot at 2. It just feels like it’s a matter of time before LaMelo agitates to get out regardless of what happens this draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Have we given up on Blake Wesley? What are yalls thoughts on his potential?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Blake is a hard worker, he will need a couple of years though. I think people are underrating our youth right now

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a good point. This might be the year they see what they have at PG already in-house between Tre, Wesley, and even little chucked Graham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s a good point. This might be the year they see what they have at PG already in-house between Tre, Wesley, and even little chucked Graham.
    Its what im thinking too. If a deal can be made for Scoot that doesnt involve giving away the farm, im all for it but its highly unlikely. Patience is key here besides, Wemby isnt going to be a 24 ppg scorer we’re gonna slowly work him into this 82 game season. Next year is where we go nuclear once we know how he impacts our rotations. I think thats how this playa out.

Thread Information