My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    The Dillon Brooks’s and Grant Williams’s of the league. Is it TikTok generation and they’re trying to brand themselves, or are they just ing re ed?

It’d be one thing to make a run at mentally soft players like Durant, Harden and Paul, but to go at proven winners or big game players (at the worst moments) just reeks of either stupidity, incompetent coaching, or poor veteran leadership on said teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been loving how they get put in their place too. Pat Bev is another one that likes to talk like he’s valuable but teams have been trading him every season for a reason. Let these scrubs die out already.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good entertainment tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been loving how they get put in their place too. Pat Bev is another one that likes to talk like he’s valuable but teams have been trading him every season for a reason. Let these scrubs die out already.
    I'll always buy Pat Bev a beer for getting in Currys face in one of the mid 10's series.

But ya since then Pat hasn't learned when to give it up.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dillon Brooks’s and Grant Williams’s of the league. Is it TikTok generation and they’re trying to brand themselves, or are they just ing re ed?

It’d be one thing to make a run at mentally soft players like Durant, Harden and Paul, but to go at proven winners or big game players (at the worst moments) just reeks of either stupidity, incompetent coaching, or poor veteran leadership on said teams.
    Upstairs a good number are glorifying a benchy - sometimes starter on a scrub 22-60 league near worst team for *trolling* 2nd greatest player of his gen Lebron (Timmy Duncan #1)....
    because while scrubby sits home on his smart phone Lebron is out doing an occasional flop to help his overmatched team since modern day NBA ref allows it.

Lets see, Lebron leading in almost every category for a very average team that he has majorly lead to the WCFs vs smart phone scrub at home not even participating in the playoffs.

Ya he sure is showing Lebron.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I call it the Draymond Green effect. A lot of these young guys grew up watching Draymond run his mouth and see him agitate guys and win but what they don't' realize that stuff only works when your team is loaded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When you're a team and/or player that hasn't won , running your mouth is always risky business and playing with fire.

My Team
    New Orleans Hornets
    Post Count
    Player empowerment and genZ social media attention whoring.

It's not just mouthy scrubs in pro sports. Nobodies all over the world love to hear (or read on social media) themselves talk for reactions and likes. Young adults for the next 20-30 years are and will be pretty insufferable people with unbearable personalities. The world has gone to .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did you see his press conference afterwards? I mean shout out to him for actually attending it unlike Brooks who is a pussy. But his words made absolutely no sense. He knew he ed up and just went rambling trying to justify himself. “Yeah I poked the bear quote unquote. But what are you going to do afterwards? That’s what counts.” Dude what you did afterwards was get your ass kicked and cost your team a pivotal game

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    When you're a team and/or player that hasn't won , running your mouth is always risky business and playing with fire.
    Exactly, and Dillon Brooks is unemployed and at a career crossroads because of it. Do you think the Grizzlies brass would leak such a story (under no cir stances will he come back…) if he just played hard, kept his mouth shut, and still struggled?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I don’t disagree with Mugen or ttm, the entertainment value of watching scrubs get put in their place is always a good time, but like the dude above said—these are coming at the worst time. I honestly think if Williams hits that 3 and just hustles back without getting in Jimmy’s face, then the C’s were probably just one more possession away from having the Heat settle for the 1-1 split.

As a coach or veteran teammate, I would nip this in the bud quick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of mouthy scrubs :

Shaq says his Celtics team would’ve beat LeBron and DWade

“I always think that if I wouldn’t have got hurt, we could have at least made it to The Finals… I would have f*cked LeBron and D-Wade up in the playoffs. I promise I would have.”

(Via SeanDeveney )

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of mouthy scrubs :

Shaq says his Celtics team would’ve beat LeBron and DWade

“I always think that if I wouldn’t have got hurt, we could have at least made it to The Finals… I would have f*cked LeBron and D-Wade up in the playoffs. I promise I would have.”

(Via SeanDeveney )

Sure Fatty.

And Portland, Sacramento and the Spurs Xs3 would have ed you up if you didn't have the refs imbedded in your ass checks for years.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Player empowerment and genZ social media attention whoring.

It's not just mouthy scrubs in pro sports. Nobodies all over the world love to hear (or read on social media) themselves talk for reactions and likes. Young adults for the next 20-30 years are and will be pretty insufferable people with unbearable personalities. The world has gone to .
    Absolutely, I posted previously in The Club about an exponential increase in "Tripods" at corporate gyms for f@gs to film themselves lifting weights to post on social media. Also, "mic'd up" at the gym is another f@ggy trend that is unfortunately growing

That being said though, does Grant Williams have a history of this behavior? Haven't followed him enough, but he seems like a decent guy who's emotions got the better of him one time as opposed to Dillon Brooks always trying to be a Draymond wannabe

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    tdays nba

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    DD bombing from Eastern Europe

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    IMO there’s always been obnoxious mouthy scrubs (Ruben “Kobe Stopper” Patterson for example), but definitely the era of social media and podcasts has made them way more visible to the general public.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    IMO there’s always been obnoxious mouthy scrubs (Ruben “Kobe Stopper” Patterson for example), but definitely the era of social media and podcasts has made them way more visible to the general public.
    This

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    except its not the same at all sorry

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    except its not the same at all sorry
    It was exactly the same

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    It was exactly the same
    n

these dudes are chasing "internet clout" and hoping to go viral doing stuff like this...which back then was just not a thing. And when they get their pushed in theyre too much of a pussy to even speak to the media

Now to be fair thats not just an NBA thing, this kind of has seeped into basically all facets of life these days but thats a different conversation
    Last edited by 140; 05-22-2023 at 10:14 PM.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    I'll also add that while still pathetic this kind of thing is still much better than the whole buddy buddy that was ushered into the league by the banana boat crew & co

Thread Information