Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    TD 21 said it elsewhere — Wesley has a long way to go to reach the level of replacement player. His speed does him no good if he can’t finish at the rim, and over a full year he hasn’t developed in that area.
    37 games, so far.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    37 games, so far.
    He has one more summer league, a training camp, and however many minutes he can earn during the season to figure it out.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For the second round, I actually like the idea of four year point guards. Sasser looks like the closest thing to it so I definitely would take a look at him if he is still around, unless Supreme Balla Coulibaly is still available.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sasser reminded me of a Patty Mills who can play defense.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wesley has years to figure it out. But the Spurs should still acquire a PG of they can get a good fit. That's what it means to have a lot of picks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is tre jones resigned and given the reigns?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We get Bronny in next years draft

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm kind of liking Tre Jones for this job, don't dribble around too much, don't turn the ball over.

See some people wanting to draft Black or get Ben Simmons or Giddey when we already have our own non shooting PG. If we replace Jones the guy better be a shooter

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or Van Vleet either isn't he a chucker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dear God, no. Don't need that family's circus anywhere near SA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the need for a an established star PG right now.

This is not a contending team yet and getting a bonafide point guard would be one of the finishing touches on a contender.

As it stands, the Spurs need to know what they're getting and will get in the future from the current talent ( Wemby, Sochan, Vassell )
    How will they gel, what's clicking, what's not, who is gonna surprise, that being a positive one or a disappointing one.

Jones will do more than fine for the time being.
    He knows his role and is well liked all around. Pop included.

I'd be extremely surprised if he weren't extended.

Moving up in the lotto is wishful thinking. Spurs will not do that.
    It would cost too much.

The talent there ( Black, Wallace, JHS ... is nice but nothing special, imho )

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned this before as a sneaky short term PG play. Use one of next year's 3 FRP to draft Jr and have LBJ come in and play point guard if Wemby shows a high enough level of play this year. Sign a FA like Brown, get LBJ on a deal and Wemby at a high level who knows what might happen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I mentioned this before as a sneaky short term PG play. Use one of next year's 3 FRP to draft Jr and have LBJ come in and play point guard if Wemby shows a high enough level of play this year. Sign a FA like Brown, get LBJ on a deal and Wemby at a high level who knows what might happen.
    Dear God, no. Don't need that family's circus anywhere near SA.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the target should be Black but he'll be too expensive, wallace too.

So imo as we need a third pg, just see if there's an opportunity with a mid to late first with a correct price and then you can grab JHS or Bufkin if you like them. The thing is you don't have a lot of PG with our secound round range.

If you don't draft a pg, you can try a PG via free agency ( i just see coby white as a correct target) or stand path.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see the answer within' this group both in terms of caliber or skillset. They all seem like secondary ball handlers or combo guards who lean heavily toward being off guards offensively (namely Smith, Jr. and Sasser).

Despite Vassell's on ball growth, the Spurs don't have a wing who can be be the primary or even 1A ball handler/play maker, so the PG is going to have to be a clear lead guard with star potential offensively.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Anthony Black. A tall freshman with good body strength, perhaps underwhelming athleticism. Questionable, but not totally horrible jumpshot that is slow and flatfooted. A disruptive defender and heady passer. A touch turnover prone. Gets to the line a lot.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/co...-cason-wallace
    I think Anthony posted 39” vertical at the Combine

Another standout at the Combine was Brandin Podziemski, a 43% 3pt shooter big 6’5” Guard from Santa Clara who posted 10 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds, and 2 steals in the last combine scrimmage, and a 39-inch vertical, currently slated at #41 in mock draft. He’s not bad at all.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm unimpressed with the draft PG options outside of Scoot, and I agree with those who think he may be too expensive to chase.

I'm telling ya, Austin Reaves would be great here and could play PG.
    I know it's a long shot but I'd force LA to pay top dollar for him or lose him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bufkin def jumps out the screen. looks like he already has alot of elite skills that already translate to the nba. if theres a guy the spurs can get without trading the house it could be him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am high on Jalen Pickett from Penn St. I believe he can be had with our last 2nd round pick.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am high on Jalen Pickett from Penn St. I believe he can be had with our last 2nd round pick.
    Now we’re talking! We are Penn State!!!!! Class of 83.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bufkin def jumps out the screen. looks like he already has alot of elite skills that already translate to the nba. if theres a guy the spurs can get without trading the house it could be him.
    He's all over mock drafts but I'm feeling the more serious ones are seeing him in the late lottery.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Probably gets into: What do we want/expect/need from a point guard?

- Do we need a guy who can bring the ball up the court, get the team organized and moving into sets?
    - Do we need a guy who can do advanced creation like a Chris Paul?
    - Do we need a guy who can take shots whenever possible to make defenses honest?
    - Do we need a guy who can be a disruptive, plus defender?
    - Do we need a guy who can be even more, a lock-down defender?

Sasser might be more of a 'get shots up' kind of point, someone who can move the ball up court, get the ball moving around. With the Spurs, they will run their motion offense and run picks and stuff. They may not need an exceptional playmaker or passer. A guy who will take threes whenever he's open and without remorse may work. But do we already have that in Devonte Graham (who is not the defender Sasser is)?
    I'd say we need a fast paced PG who can break down the defense. That would be the best pick & roll and pick and pop partner for Wemby as well as the 3-point shooting wings. Now he should also be able to play off the ball and hit 3s at a high clip so you can run a 2-man game at the top of the key with dribble hand offs and passes by Sochan, the way Draymond is distributing the ball on the Warriors. If he can defend well that will be a plus. I don't see that type of player in this draft tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd say we need a fast paced PG who can break down the defense. That would be the best pick & roll and pick and pop partner for Wemby as well as the 3-point shooting wings. Now he should also be able to play off the ball and hit 3s at a high clip so you can run a 2-man game at the top of the key with dribble hand offs and passes by Sochan, the way Draymond is distributing the ball on the Warriors. If he can defend well that will be a plus. I don't see that type of player in this draft tbh
    You probably just want more of a combo guard like Keyonte George. Just see how Graham plays with Wembanyama.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Anthony posted 39” vertical at the Combine

Another standout at the Combine was Brandin Podziemski, a 43% 3pt shooter big 6’5” Guard from Santa Clara who posted 10 points, 8 assists, 8 rebounds, and 2 steals in the last combine scrimmage, and a 39-inch vertical, currently slated at #41 in mock draft. He’s not bad at all.

I am thinking he goes mid to late first I like him as a combo guard he definitely plays very relaxed very smart and does a little bit of everything - His NBA Measurements where Height: 6'3.75 Wing: 6'5.50

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm unimpressed with the draft PG options outside of Scoot, and I agree with those who think he may be too expensive to chase.

I'm telling ya, Austin Reaves would be great here and could play PG.
    I know it's a long shot but I'd force LA to pay top dollar for him or lose him.
    I wouldn't mind Spurs making him a huge frontloaded offer. Reaves has a lot of herky jerky change of direction Manu-ness to his game. Not sure about playing PG full time though

Thread Information