Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I didn't make any effort to keep up with his team because I didn't think we would land him. I didn't even know he was still playing until yesterday when someone mentioned it here. I heard NBA TV is streaming them but I don't have that channel.

Should we have game threads for the remaining games?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Free on the NBA app.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah if anyone watching any updates would be nice

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Next game is tomorrow.

May 23: LNB Basketball: BOULOGNE-LEVALLOU VS. CHOLET | 2 p.m. ET

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama's team lost today to Cholet 83-80.

W. again played the most minutes on his team (34) and led in points (23) and rebounds (14). He had 3 assists.

https://www.google.com/search?q=metr..._0;tb2;fp;1;;;

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Watching highlights of him, my thoughts are:

1) How the is anyone supposed to guard this guy? Whenever I watch highlights, I literally feel bad for the defender. What is one supposed to do?

2) It's just weird seeing someone that huge and that skinny. It would be nice if he could add some strength, I guess, but is that even necessary when you're that tall and that skilled? I honestly don't know.

3) Every time he shoots a fadeaway jumper I have mixed feelings. Like, it's awesome that he can do that, but...one would hope that a 7'4 human wouldn't need to shoot fadeaways. Right?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

1) How the is anyone supposed to guard this guy? Whenever I watch highlights, I literally feel bad for the defender. What is one supposed to do?

2) It's just weird seeing someone that huge and that skinny. It would be nice if he could add some strength, I guess, but is that even necessary when you're that tall and that skilled? I honestly don't know.

3) Every time he shoots a fadeaway jumper I have mixed feelings. Like, it's awesome that he can do that, but...one would hope that a 7'4 human wouldn't need to shoot fadeaways. Right?
    Wait till Pop and his coaching staff finessed Wemby’s shots and angles, our strength coaches work on getting him stronger, set special plays for him and surround him with players who will compliment his game. Damn, Spurs wil be good for a very loooong time my friend

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama's team lost today to Cholet 83-80.

W. again played the most minutes on his team (34) and led in points (23) and rebounds (14). He had 3 assists.

https://www.google.com/search?q=metr..._0;tb2;fp;1;;;
    So the serie is tied and there is a win or go home game tomorrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is his team losing if he’s so much better than everyone else?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor's last game highlights :

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    His team, other than 1-2 players, is just awful. Also, their PG quit recently.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like Bowen doing color. Wondered where he went.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, he actually does have a tight handle. He is going to be a ing issue in transition in the NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I've never seen a 7'5 guy move like that

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are we rooting for him to play more games? Shut him down imo until the Spurs get their hands on him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

dirk made his career being a 7 footer knocking down fadeaways. when you are taller, those shots are even more difficult to contest. durant does this very well too. even contested shots can basically be free throws once he gets better at them

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    same reason doncic didnt make the playoffs

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Because basketball is a team sport? Why was Duncan getting dominated by the Lakers when he was the MVP?

As good as Wemby is, he's still a kid playing against grown men mostly. and the way his team utilizes him is not how he will be utilized by SA. the team outside of him isnt great and they dont run their entire offense through him like they should

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Victor's last game highlights :

Outside from 1 or 2 cases, every play here has 4 guys spread out with Wemby in the middle either in the low block, high post or setting a screen. That's a center folks.
    Last edited by DAF86; 05-24-2023 at 01:00 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Outside from 1 or 2 cases, every play here has 4 guys spread out with Wemby in the middle either in the low block, high post or setting a screen. That's a center folks.
    I have the feeling that debate won't die until he retires.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I have the feeling that debate won't die until he retires.
    Nah, by the end of the first season when Pop will be running lineups with 4 perimeter guys and Wemby on the middle doing what he does best, folks will stop this nonesense and will act like they knew he was a center all along.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    did you see the post earlier about how the team sucks? they literally have to. The spurs have a decent C , have plenty of time to get a better C. The spurs will play much more often then the euro team and avoiding wear on wemby is pretty ideal.

As i said last time, wemby can play C, but as a fluid athlete, mythically talented shot blocker, putting him on the permiter in the NBA's permitter based game is a fantastic plan. Let him shadow the best player , not bang down low tryying to maintain foot work.

In 5 yrs when he's mastered post moves and wants to bang, fine. If the spurs get deep in the playoffs and need to put wemby at C, sure. But day in day out, wemby is playing a hybrid SF/PF roaming sniper. it's way funner that way. The only people who want wemby at C are heght racists and keldon johnson fans. but wemby says he's a PF, his group doesn't want him to play C until he's stronger, POP don't give any s and won't force wemby to play strict positions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was painfully skinny like that when 19 and filled out normally. I think he will be fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Or a forward or guard given you can isolate a 1,2, 3, or, 4 in either post or have them pick a pnr set. It just means he is a superstar.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't care what position he plays on offense but I DO NOT want him playing Center on Defense at all - One thing with his ability to get to the rim so easily we are going to need a Center that can guard other teams bigs but has some outside shooting ability cause we don't want him clogging the lanes

Thread Information