111 88.10%
  • Miami

15 11.90%
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now would be a good time for Sochan to tweet asking why Lebron was afraid to shoot.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm good with either the Nuggets or the Heat winning it all. With that said, go Denver. Gotta take the ABA team plus Jokic is so much fun to watch, like Walton if he never had all the foot problems.

Tim to Tony to Manu! bdictjames's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ice vs Heat!!!

I'm looking forward to see how Denver defends. Defense is going to win the next series. I'm looking to root for Denver, would like to see the Mile High City get a championship. Coach Malone and the crew have worked hard the last 3-4 years to get to where they are today, and they have rebuilt the right way. Hats off to them.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With that said, damn Jimmy Butler is a bad mother er and loving watching him this playoffs. Can't wait for this Finals. Just ing end Boston tomorrow with no injuries.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The King ...

of not congratulating anybody.
    Him and Kobe have always been the most notorious for their sportsmanship post-losing, ahem, or lack-thereof

Man, that’s a tough one. I am and will always be biased in favor of bigs, hence I’d want Joker to win it all. On the other hand, it’s been super fun watching this Jimmy Buckets led Heat team defy expectations and just come up clutch time after time after time.

I gotta say, it’s weird to watch AND actually enjoy playoff games without the Spurs involved. I used to never watch them unless the Spurs are playing.
    Me too. Between the Losers/Dub s going down and the Spurs getting Wemby, I'm starting to pick up basketball again for the first time in like 6 years. For the first time in 6 years I'm actually spending time upstairs

Too many people didn't realize Denver was locked in this postseason. They're completely about it.
    Yeah, though that game 1 was worrisome, particularly the way that 4th quarter went. That game looked like the 2003 Spurs in game 5 against the Lakers that year. I was legit worried the Nuggets were going to bog down every time Anthony Davis packed the paint and the Lakers P&R with Lebron was unstoppable because AR-15 couldn't miss from three.

With that said, damn Jimmy Butler is a bad mother er and loving watching him this playoffs. Can't wait for this Finals. Just ing end Boston tomorrow with no injuries.
    Agree. If the Heat do win the championship with Butler and no clear legit #2, that'd be the first one since Duncan in '03 IMO or you could argue Dirk in '11 but that was a stacked ass team full of superstar vets but past their primes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Too many people didn't realize Denver was locked in this postseason. They're completely about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Jokic and the Nuggets way more than Butler and the Heat, but in the best interest of the Spurs I think the best thing would be for the Heat to win the chip. Jokic and Denver losing their virginity could mean a dynasty from now on.

Who I would really like seeing win it all are the Celtics so that they get more breathing room over the Lakers, but it seems like that ship has sailed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joker tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nugget fans can suck my big one but I do love the Joker.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic and Butler both deserve it. This is rare where I am not rooting against either team in the finals. May the best team win, tbh.

Nuggets are the better team, but Butler looks really determined.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    akers

D'Angelo Russell Westbrook

best player is McLovin

AD is the next Tim Duncan

LeTOSBron

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nugget fans can suck my big one but I do love the Joker.
    As undeserving a group of fans as any, I agree. I think Murray is terrific as well.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets for sure. Want Jokic to win it all, especially after being robbed of his 3rd straight MVP due to a bull racial narrative. Plus they’ve never won one. I do love Playoff Jimmy though. And this run the Heat are on is nuts. Should be a fun series tbh. But Go Nuggs.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets because Jokic is my favorite Non-Spur player to watch and I just like Denver's team their core kind of reminds me of what the Spurs once had with their big 3. I also like they are a small market plus they have never won a le before.

Miami will on the other hand has already won a few les and they will have more chances to win due to being in a great location that can attract free agents and a place players would like to force trades to.

hope and change
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Both

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic will rule the NBA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Joker. He's the best.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets no doubt. They deserve it. I was rooting against Lakers, Warriors, Clippers, Celtics and Philly. Anyone else would be fine with me.

Jokic I can't help but like because he feels like a mini Timmy with his demeanor and letting his game speak. And this game of his is truly amazing, he makes everyone better and is probably the player that's most fun to play with. So yeah Denver.

Also, Heat are only a couple of les behind the Spurs, let's keep them that way for now eh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rooting for the Nugs. Fellow “small market” team, ABA alums, Joker is cool, and we don’t need media talking heads to start some narrative about how “Spo is the greatest coach of all time”

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nuggets. Jokic winning the Chip would shut up his haters, most of whom prolly don't even watch the Nuggets play very often ala Lisa Salters

Additionally, idk if it's some residual hate from Heatles era or what, but I just can't find it within me to root for them.
    I find it tough to go for Miami as I team, but I really, really like Jimmy Butler. His compe iveness is off the charts. This guy has turned into a Manu like player in the playoffs were he raises his game. Not know as a superstar during the regular reason, but then seems to play at that level when the pressure it at the highest in the playoffs. I really wanted him on the Spurs years ago when the Bulls were trying to trade him.

Also, even though I don't want Miami to win it as a team (due to ring count), I really like that they have 3-4 undrafted players playing key roles on the team. Really impressive run so far.

As for the Nuggets, I like Jamal Murray (I thought he proved he was legit in 2020 playoffs and am glad he is healthy now to show what he can do), but even though I think Jokic is playing amazing, I'm not sure I am as big of a fan of his. I don't know, he's got amazing skills for a big man, and I just don't know how the he's hitting those shots where he's pulling the ball back behind his head with one leg, but they seem to be going in for him. He also plays with finesse and that's not exactly the way I grew up watching my bigs play. I like tough, stout defense which he isn't the greatest at (I haven't watched him enough, though) to go along with the skills on offense (I'm used to Hakeem, D-Rob, TD that dominated on both ends of the court, so I guess it seems like he's a little incomplete to me). I don't know, maybe I need to come around and appreciate his game more.

I was thinking about it during today's game, but how would you guys compare him to TD? Jokic is obviously a better passer and shooter. Any other areas you guys would say he's better than TD?

I hate the Nuggets, but: 1) I hate the Lakers more and 2) I love Jokic and think he deserves a le. So I'm not rooting for anyone but I'll take Denver and Miami over Lakers & Boston. Then whoever deserves it the most, I'll just enjoy basketball.
    How come you hate the Nuggets as a team? Is it other players on the current team, or is this going back previous years?

Nuggets bc of the Joker.

I found it very interesting that Duncan named him his favorite current player to watch, even before Joker went on to win his MVPs.
    I don't remember TD saying this. Was this after TD had retired, or while he was still playing?

The King ...

of not congratulating anybody.
    Of course. Very minimal congratulations from the king. Also, those offensive fouls at the end of the fourth he picked up, do you guys think he flopped on a couple of those?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Nuggets are easy to root for. Small market team, hasn't had any championship success in the past.. did the right things in the past decade.. drafting Jokic at 41!, getting some really good players to surround a generational talent, building via the draft & the FA route diligently without overpaying anyone and playing the right way. As Tim Duncan said in his only major interview after retirement, it is a huge pleasure watching Jokic play the way he does and impact winning basketball. The Heat are worthy finalists as well -- Butler is a beast who has carried them along with Bam and the un-drafted underdogs in Strus, Vincent etc -- but the Nuggets are clear sentimental favorites for me.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jokic and the Nuggets have more or less won it the right way. So have Miami in a way, but still salty about our series with them and for 2006. Let's go Nuggets. Do it for the ABA folks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Denver...watching Jokic is just poetry...he deserves it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Of course. Very minimal congratulations from the king. Also, those offensive fouls at the end of the fourth he picked up, do you guys think he flopped on a couple of those?
    Nope. Jokic was guilty of both. And he was lucky not to get called for a hack the next play down the floor. Three fouls in less than a minute could have changed the outcome.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hate the Nuggets, but: 1) I hate the Lakers more and 2) I love Jokic and think he deserves a le. So I'm not rooting for anyone but I'll take Denver and Miami over Lakers & Boston. Then whoever deserves it the most, I'll just enjoy basketball.
    Nuggets bc of the Joker.

I found it very interesting that Duncan named him his favorite current player to watch, even before Joker went on to win his MVPs.
    The Nuggets are easy to root for. Small market team, hasn't had any championship success in the past.. did the right things in the past decade.. drafting Jokic at 41!, getting some really good players to surround a generational talent, building via the draft & the FA route diligently without overpaying anyone and playing the right way. As Tim Duncan said in his only major interview after retirement, it is a huge pleasure watching Jokic play the way he does and impact winning basketball. The Heat are worthy finalists as well -- Butler is a beast who has carried them along with Bam and the un-drafted underdogs in Strus, Vincent etc -- but the Nuggets are clear sentimental favorites for me.
    I can't remember who that interview was with? Also, didn't he do one with RJ too a bit later on?

Thread Information