Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I give it 90 percent chance he will play out the extension the spurs will give him unlike Kawhi which would mean he’s here for 7-8 years. Kawhi’s situation was rare and unique in the sense he was obsessed with getting to LA despite having a championship team around him. If the Spurs build a winner I doubt we’ll see a hold out from Wemby like we saw from Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq left Orlando because they lowballed him and gambled on Penny.
    En led rich prick DeVos family.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq left Orlando because they lowballed him and gambled on Penny.
    Shaq left because he wanted to make movies. What's with all the revisionist bull around here?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep. This is how it works. I’m a born and bred Australian. Born in 88. Always loved the NBA. First favourite player as a kid was Larry Johnson. Then we had the 99 Finals broadcast in Australia and I watched Tim Duncan kick Larry Johnson’s ass and I became a massive fan, he became my favourite player, and I became a Spurs fan and still am. To the point I went to San Antonio every year between 2015-2019 in April-May for the playoffs.
    Yup. Argentinian here. Was an NBA fan before a Spurs fan, but didn't really have a team, all I can say is I'm anti Lakers as long as I can remember. Then started following the Spurs with Manu, liked the team's philosophy, stuck around and here I am.

My Team
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    Post Count
    New Orleans is stuck with the eternal injury of Zion.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't think the boring label has ever been due to anything other than media members not being able to get a sound bite out of Timmy. The '99 team was a juggernaut, the '03 team were comeback kids, the 05 finals was amazing and 07 was domination of the best player in the world. Boring was what people who never watched the Spurs repeated to be edgy.
    It wasn't sound bites it was boring defensive style of play.

Watching the collapse benefactor's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi Dale. You can stop hiding behind this ty troll and just come out and be you again

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It wasn't sound bites it was boring defensive style of play.
    No. I remember the Pistons having a streak holding teams under 80 points and they were breaking in to show the Pistons games. The Spurs have had some of the best basketball played ever and people called it boring. The Spurs didn't have guys who flexed after a dunk or who got arrested.

Seriously, are you even a Spurs fan? It's like you've never watched them play.

Make a trade steal
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hi Dale. You can stop hiding behind this ty troll and just come out and be you again
    Who's Dale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think Dale was that unapologetically fascist elderly Lakers fan who lived in Phoenix.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shaq left because he wanted to make movies. What's with all the revisionist bull around here?
    You're wrong. Shaq left because Orlando wouldn't match the Lakers' offer. DeVos felt like Orlando's offer was better, given that Florida didn't have a state income tax, and Shaq was insulted. The difference was like $6 million, IIRC ($121 v $115). Not to be ignored, either, was the crap (in print and on talk radio) that the Bible Belt Central Floridians were giving Shaq for having a child out of wedlock.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lowballed him and Shaq got pissed when a poll in the Orlando Sentinel overwhelmingly said he wasn't worth the money he was asking. They didn't come correct on their offer until it was over and he had already picked LA.

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    WRT Wemby - the Spurs struck gold twice in that DRob & Tim were introverted homebodies who started playing basketball late. They weren't on the AAU circuit and didn't blossom in HS until they were seniors. Tim was barely recruited, & DRob wasn't recruited at all, so neither had the spotlight (or the grifters) on them until they were in their 20s.

Wemby's a product of the French version of AAU - ​his parents, sibling & grandparents were/are pro basketball player​, and Wemby has been a professional since he was 15. It's doubtful that this guy will stick around unless the Spurs give him the keys to the org AND give him everything he wants/needs to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're wrong. Shaq left because Orlando wouldn't match the Lakers' offer. DeVos felt like Orlando's offer was better, given that Florida didn't have a state income tax, and Shaq was insulted. The difference was like $6 million, IIRC ($121 v $115). Not to be ignored, either, was the crap (in print and on talk radio) that the Bible Belt Central Floridians were giving Shaq for having a child out of wedlock.
    Yeah, I was an adult and a NBA fan back then, and that's all Laker fan revisionist bull , IMO. Shaq talked about going to the Lakers for years, especially when he was filming his movie because he thought he was going to be a movie star. The national media played up all the drama because they wanted him in LA.

Orlando fans were bitter that he wasn't showing any loyalty and hadn't been for quite some time.

They announced his move to LA like the day after Kazaam came out.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and thens he gone. Very rare that guys like Duncan and Robinson come along and stay in a small market,,,,,the chances of it happening a 3rd time for San Antonio are very slim. The dude will split for a big market just like Shaq did from Orlando,,,Durant from OKC,,,,LeBron from Cleveland,,, , Kobe almost left a big market for another big market in Chicago and Duncan was dangerously close to leaving for Orlando. Wemby has already served notice to the small market Spurs that he expects to win les immediately. If you dont think it can happen,,,,go ask all those fans in other cities when their generational #1 pick left town,,,,
    Luka still in Dallas
    Joker still in Denver
    Joel still in Philly
    Alphabet still in Milwaukee

Oh they all said to say “Hi” to you.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They lowballed him and Shaq got pissed when a poll in the Orlando Sentinel overwhelmingly said he wasn't worth the money he was asking. They didn't come correct on their offer until it was over and he had already picked LA.
    All true, but irrelevant. Shaq was already going to be a Laker and you know it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WRT Wemby - the Spurs struck gold twice in that DRob & Tim were introverted homebodies who started playing basketball late. They weren't on the AAU circuit and didn't blossom in HS until they were seniors. Tim was barely recruited, & DRob wasn't recruited at all, so neither had the spotlight (or the grifters) on them until they were in their 20s.

Wemby's a product of the French version of AAU - ​his parents, sibling & grandparents were/are pro basketball player​, and Wemby has been a professional since he was 15. It's doubtful that this guy will stick around unless the Spurs give him the keys to the org AND give him everything he wants/needs to win.
    There is no French AAU analogue. It’s the system that produced Tony, Boris, and Nic Batum. None of them were en led pricks who forced their way out.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All true, but irrelevant. Shaq was already going to be a Laker and you know it.
    I think the poll sealed it. Shaq can be a real baby over like that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think he would stay since European stars have more loyalty to the teams that drafted him and the Spurs are pretty popular internationally. We'd have to royally it up for him to be motivated to leave so soon after coming into the league. There's a picture of him in a Tony Parker jersey as a kid too, it isn't anything to bank on but there's no reason to think he'd just want to be in a big market if we build the team around him if he was a fan of the Spurs and Tony Parker who was with the Spurs until the end (well... Charlotte for a year ).

Even if he bolts, 4 years of Wemby would be huge for the Spurs no matter how you slice it.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka still in Dallas
    Joker still in Denver
    Joel still in Philly
    Alphabet still in Milwaukee

Oh they all said to say “Hi” to you.
    All bigger markets than San Antonio,,,,Dallas has 4 pro teams(Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, Mavericks),,,Denver has 4 pro teams(Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets),,,Philly has 4 pro teams(Eagles, 76ers, Flyers, Phillies),,,and the reason the Greek Freak has stuck in Milwaukee is because he's winning and has already won a le,,,same cant be said for Wemby yet,,,,what about the small market in San Antonio dont you get? let me know when San Antonio gets its 2nd major pro team muchless its 4th like the rest of the cities you mentioned,,,,lmao

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

You are still alive lol? You gotta be at least 100 by now.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention where the Greek freak plays,,,that city even has more pro teams than San Antonio in the Bucks and Brewers. How does a small city like Milwaukee still have more pro teams than the 7th largest city in the US?,,,,it shows you how sad it is in San Antonio. The people cant support another pro team,,,they have an empty dump of a stadium in the Alamo Dome that they thought would attract an NFL team,,,,lmao. Spurs tried to play there but couldnt even fill have of it on a nightly basis so they moved. They would block off half the Dome just so it didnt look so empty when the Spurs played there. now its pimped out for things like the Alamo Bowl and the UTSA roadrunners...lmao. But you think this kid is gonna stick around,,,,yeah,,,,ok.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    David Robinson
    Tim Duncan

They also told me to tell you “Hi”. Lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think the poll sealed it. Shaq can be a real baby over like that.
    Lmao you ain't wrong. If Shaq was 99 percent a Laker, that other stuff sealed it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wemby is playing on his dream team and will be the face of the franchise for years to come. OP is always wrong, so we're good.

Thread Information