Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This will be the new troll shtick after every spurs loss from this point forward instead of the "Seattle Spur" troll job.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The SA market is 24th out of 28 I think.
    You’re looking at the Market of SA. That’s not what the Spurs are doing. Literally market and market space are distinct things and the spurs and capitalizing on that. Layman’s terms? Wemby can do a commercial for companies nationally, Locally in SA, Austin, Corpus, Mexico, South Texas, France, one with Manu in Argentina and many other places. That’s what the spurs are building and it makes sense. A player in Memphis or even Chicago can’t do that. He can’t market to various local cities, countries and nationally.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You’re looking at the Market of SA. That’s not what the Spurs are doing. Literally market and market space are distinct things and the spurs and capitalizing on that. Layman’s terms? Wemby can do a commercial for companies nationally, Locally in SA, Austin, Corpus, Mexico, South Texas, France, one with Manu in Argentina and many other places. That’s what the spurs are building and it makes sense. A player in Memphis or even Chicago can’t do that. He can’t market to various local cities, countries and nationally.
    That's an interesting global marketing strategy the Spurs are trying to pull. I'll be impressed if they are able to pull it off.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    All bigger markets than San Antonio,,,,Dallas has 4 pro teams(Cowboys, Stars, Rangers, Mavericks),,,Denver has 4 pro teams(Broncos, Avalanche, Rockies, Nuggets),,,Philly has 4 pro teams(Eagles, 76ers, Flyers, Phillies),,,and the reason the Greek Freak has stuck in Milwaukee is because he's winning and has already won a le,,,same cant be said for Wemby yet,,,,what about the small market in San Antonio dont you get? let me know when San Antonio gets its 2nd major pro team muchless its 4th like the rest of the cities you mentioned,,,,lmao
    Do you think Jokic and Doncic stay on their teams just because there are other sports teams in Denver and Dallas?
    You have obvious problems with building logical chains.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to mention where the Greek freak plays,,,that city even has more pro teams than San Antonio in the Bucks and Brewers. How does a small city like Milwaukee still have more pro teams than the 7th largest city in the US?,,,,it shows you how sad it is in San Antonio. The people cant support another pro team,,,they have an empty dump of a stadium in the Alamo Dome that they thought would attract an NFL team,,,,lmao. Spurs tried to play there but couldnt even fill have of it on a nightly basis so they moved. They would block off half the Dome just so it didnt look so empty when the Spurs played there. now its pimped out for things like the Alamo Bowl and the UTSA roadrunners...lmao. But you think this kid is gonna stick around,,,,yeah,,,,ok.
    Lakers Fan is pissed cause we got Wemby. Let's see how mad you get once we sweep you every year

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lakers Fan is pissed cause we got Wemby. Let's see how mad you get once we sweep you every year
    Interpunction signs are a way bigger issue for him than Wemby.

Borderline illiterate.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans worried about my use of comma's and equating them to Spurs success,,,,lmao,,,,tell me kids how many repeats and three peats do the Spurs have because the Lakers have plenty. And here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'll wait for your response,,,,,

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think Jokic and Doncic stay on their teams just because there are other sports teams in Denver and Dallas?
    You have obvious problems with building logical chains.
    Are Dallas and Denver bigger markets with bigger revenues of endorsement avenues?,,,,yes or no?,,,,

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs fans worried about my use of comma's and equating them to Spurs success,,,,lmao,,,,tell me kids how many repeats and three peats do the Spurs have because the Lakers have plenty. And here ya go,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,i'll wait for your response,,,,,
    hold on, did you drop it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Y'all only got 6 les since the 90s, we got 5. We bout to overtake y'all punk es The head to head is only 93 to 92. All the Laker fans know their real rival is San Antonio, that's why you respect us so much and are here on a Spurs board cause your ass is worried as with 40-year old LeBron and Mr. Glass on your team

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's an interesting global marketing strategy the Spurs are trying to pull. I'll be impressed if they are able to pull it off.
    They already have. That was why Wemby wanted to come to the Spurs. While Spur championships did not draw great viewership in the USA, they had the great viewership worldwide. Moving from San Antonio would jeopardize that market. San Antonio truly is a melting pot culture.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So NBA teams draw revenue from tickets/arenas, TV markets, merchandise, and sponsorships. The international scene doesn’t help sell tickets or otherwise generate arena revenue very much. It doesn’t help the direct local TV market, whether in SA, Austin, CC, RGV, etc. It probably help the league as a whole if, say, the NBA signs more lucrative TV and streaming deals internationally because of Wemby.

It definitely helps with merchandise and sponsorship pieces. That’s the “brand” part of the revenue. So Wemby’s international appeal helps build the Spurs brand. When they say that Wemby increased the value of the Spurs by $500 million, I’m assuming that the vast majority of that is the boost to the brand.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaving after 4 years? Wemby ain't like your dad OP.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Leaving after 4 years? Wemby ain't like your dad OP.
    this was too good.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the end, nobody knows what will Wemby do. He seems happy to be going to San Antonio, there is some history about international players, especially from France, a good coach, he is going to be paid a lot. That being said, this is a small town with not as much appeal as other big cities or Paris where he is coming from, there is no star at the moment to help him. A lot is going to depend on the ability for the Spurs to surround him with a team capable of winning the championship. While it doesn't have to be right now, I think that it should be in place by the time he is about to sign his max contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shaq left because he wanted to make movies. What's with all the revisionist bull around here?
    He made a movie in Orlando hahaha. And these so called movies he wanted to make from 1996-2004, he made two horrible ones in starring roles( Kazaam and Steel). The rest were little parts. He didn't need to move to LA for the films. He told orlando what he wanted and they bull ted, the lakers gave him what he wanted. I don't like defending Shaq, but that's the truth. Owners didn't think he was worth the money.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    at the end, nobody knows what will Wemby do. He seems happy to be going to San Antonio, there is some history about international players, especially from France, a good coach, he is going to be paid a lot. That being said, this is a small town with not as much appeal as other big cities or Paris where he is coming from, there is no star at the moment to help him. A lot is going to depend on the ability for the Spurs to surround him with a team capable of winning the championship. While it doesn't have to be right now, I think that it should be in place by the time he is about to sign his max contract.
    Agreed nobody knows what the future holds but usually guys accept an extension and play out their contract. Despite the hectic pace at which players force trades that even in recent years Ben Simmon, Kawhi, and Kyrie are the only three guys not to play out their contract extension with the team that drafted them and force their way out through trade. They are also mentally a bunch of Basketcases. Maybe Wemby will go the same route, but I like to believe the odds are he will play out the extension and then make a decision if he wants to stay in SA when he's an unrestricted FA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He'll go live where they make all the 'tall guy' commercials he's going to take from Boban.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and thens he gone. Very rare that guys like Duncan and Robinson come along and stay in a small market,,,,,the chances of it happening a 3rd time for San Antonio are very slim. The dude will split for a big market just like Shaq did from Orlando,,,Durant from OKC,,,,LeBron from Cleveland,,, , Kobe almost left a big market for another big market in Chicago and Duncan was dangerously close to leaving for Orlando. Wemby has already served notice to the small market Spurs that he expects to win les immediately. If you dont think it can happen,,,,go ask all those fans in other cities when their generational #1 pick left town,,,,
    He wanted to be in SA, stop assuming he’s the kind of player looking for fame and media exposure.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to win and actually winning are two diffent things,,,,Pop cant do right now. Spurs couldnt even keep Kawhi,,,,what makes them think this wonderkid is gonna stick around after 4 years? No chance. Its as close to a sure thing as you can get,,,San Antonio cant compete with LA or New York when they come calling,,,,
    How can you know what the kid wants ?! That’s just stupid. And please, learn how to use a comma…

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That being said, this is a small town with not as much appeal as other big cities or Paris where he is coming from,
    The San Antonio metropolitan area has about the same number of people as the Lyon metropolitan area, to give a frame of reference. If the French consider Lyon a small town, then I concede the point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama is going to play for the most famous and supported basketball team among French fans. Pushing the analogy a little, its like going to play for Man U. No one actually wants to live in Manchester.

Out with the old... Obstructed_View's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wembanyama is going to play for the most famous and supported basketball team among French fans. Pushing the analogy a little, its like going to play for Man U. No one actually wants to live in Manchester.
    Agree. Any team wanting great players in this era should have a high-end neighborhood with quick, easy access to the airport.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The San Antonio metropolitan area has about the same number of people as the Lyon metropolitan area, to give a frame of reference. If the French consider Lyon a small town, then I concede the point.
    Lyon metropolitan area is the second largest in France. San Antonio metropolitan area is the 24th largest in the US, it is all relative to the size of the country. And sorry but San Antonio doesn’t have as much to offer as Paris or other cities in the US like New York, Boston, Chicago, San Francisco…That being said, if Wemby is a home buddy then it doesn’t matter.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If old Pop is still the coach and Spurs dont swing for the fences and land an all star proven player,,,instead of stockpiling picks and waiting for players to develop,,,say goodbye to Wemby. You can cross your fingers and hope for the best but dont be suprised when he leaves.

Thread Information